“very good restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We visited this restaurant on a recommendation from our Holiday House. It was just next to Campo de'Fiori. The food was delicious, service pretty good and Francesco was extremely friendly. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and would return again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Came here alone and a bit unsure because of the bad review i read here but this place was perfect! They were very accommodating and offered a complimentary drink while i chose from the menu. I explained i was vegetarian and all the possible options were made clear to me - the owner spoke good english amongst other languages too it seems! He then recommended me a wine to go with the meal i had chosen. Extremely friendly - they noticed i was alone and offered me the wifi password but it wasnt needed because i sat next to some very nice women and the staff made sure i was ok throughout. The food was amazing! One of the best meals i have had on my travels through italy and affordable too!

Loved it and would definitely recommend to another person for both the food and the staff :)

3  Thank natvora
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to dine here after researching reviews on trip adviser. Like so many others we were not dissapointed!!
We tried our luck to get in without a reservation as it was early evening and the small intimate restuarant was empty, only to be told politely that no tables were available for that night so we immediately booked for the following night. To me this inticated that this is a place that does not try and push customers through rather give them a personalised relaxed experience.
I can not understand how someone could have a bad experience here other than if you are not wanting a social one. The tables are close together so be prepared to be up close and personal with other guests. Lucky for us we were seated next to a very nice young couple from the UK, Sam & Steve whom we hit it off with and enjoyed each others company.
Their generosity of offering complimentary bubbly on arrival, other nice little treats which we shared with S&S and some grappa to finish off was appreciated.
The owner recommended a very nice Red which we enjoyed to the point we ended up having two bottles! (Sorry cant remember what it was)
Although we have been fortunate to not have had any real bad eating experiences in Rome, this was definately the best and not expensive for the service you get.

2  Thank Scott H
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed at Bollo Apartments nearby and ate here twice. The establishment itself is relatively small, but that said, the food and service are absolutely spectacular. The first time we came, we didn't make any reservations but were seated immediately. The second time, we only had to wait 5 minutes, even though we still hadn't made any reservations.

Staff is very friendly and makes great suggestions. You are given free welcome drinks and bread when you come in. (The bread may sound like a given, but other restaurants will give you bread and then charge you for it.) The menu has a great selection, although quite a few choices were Italian words I didn't completely understand. The meals generally are just meat and come with no sides, and the waiters will ask what extra sides you would like in addition, so be prepared for that. We didn't order dessert but were still given two very delicious cream puffs for free on the first visit. The check also comes with yummy Italian chocolates.

Food was incredible - this was by far my favorite dining experience in the entire Rome trip. It's a little costly, but with good reason. In particular, the Parma ham with Taleggio cheese was good. All in all, a superb and very friendly, delicious place.

3  Thank Alice Z
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff even with a table of 2 adults, 3 teens and a child. Very good menu and amazing selection of wines. Definitely has the personal touch and is very hands on! Bubbly wine on arrival and owner joined us while going through the menu. Spoke very good English and are very friendly. Starters were wonderful and their amazing meat slicer is on show:) mains were fresh and arrived promptly & the deserts we had were lovely and came with complimentary desert wine in 3 different flavours! If I ever return to Rome I will be returning definitely the best place we have been!:)

1  Thank Joanna S