“Splendid Week in Rome tour!”

Elizabeth Minchilli in Rome
Ranked #3 of 499 Shopping in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Elizabeth MInchilli in Rome offers intensely delicious food packed private experiences in Rome. Join professional food write Elizabeth Minchilli on a day long exploration of markets, food stores, wine bars, ice cream shops, chocolate makers and pizzerias. Make every bite count! Featured in The New York Times, Travel & Leisure and Food & Wine Magazine.
Reviewed 28 November 2016

I was one of seven intrepid foodies under Elizabeth's leadership this November. We cooked, we shopped, we walked, we ate in local, wonderful restaurants AND we took a day trip to Orvieto to a goat farm for cheese, a local winery for lovely wines and a very typical trattoria, not to mention the breathtaking church. Elizabeth also planned lots of unscheduled time for each of us to explore our own special Rome. This trip more than met my expectations and I recommend it to any of you with a deep curiosity about today's Rome. Brava!

ElizabethMInchilli, Owner at Elizabeth Minchilli in Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Thank you Irene! What a thoughtful review. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed every minute and every bite!!!

All reviews
"molto"
in 10 reviews
"forno"

Reviewed 28 November 2016

You are living in an apartment in the beautiful neighborhood of Monti...you are whisked away to all kinds of restaurants, bars and markets...most of which you would NEVER have gone to as a regular tourist. This is a tour of Rome that you can't get from anyone else. I felt privileged to be part of this small group! Elizabeth, while expertly leading us into all things Roman (food, art, culture) is also an incredibly warm, upbeat and positive person. The pace of this tour was perfect. I highly recommend a tour with Elizabeth - I know I hope to come back to Rome and do it again!!

2  Thank edgeofyonderfarm

Thank you!!! I'm so glad to know you had a good time and loved living in my neighborhood of Monti for the week. Come back soon!!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

This was a wonderful week with Elizabeth Minchilli. She introduced us to Rome, shared her knowledge of Roman cuisine, took us to her favorite shops and taught us how to eat and drink like an Italian. One of the highlights was lunch and a tour of the American Academy in Rome with which she is affiliated. Pizza bianca from Forno Campo di Fiori - - anytime!!

Thanks Cyndy! I'm so glad that you got to spend an entire week here in Rome with Sophie and me. We had as much fun as you did. Come back soon!!! Elizabeth

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Elizabeth is an absolutely charming and wonderful guide to all things Roman, but especially food and restaurants. My husband, son and I spent a delightful 4 1/2 hours eating our way through the Compo Di Fiori and the Jewish ghetto in Rome, and we felt like we were in heaven! Amazing cheeses, meats, pastas and gelatos, one better than the next. With the added bonus that you know you have the best possible and most lovely tour guide you could ever want- just an altogether amazing way to explore food in Rome!! We loved it!

ElizabethMInchilli, Owner at Elizabeth Minchilli in Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Thank you so much for the kind words. I love what I do, and it's so wonderful to have my work, and city, so well appreciated. Come back soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2016

We met Elizabeth by the fountain in Piazza dei Madonna in Monti. I had been following her on snapchat and instagram for a while before meeting her, so I recognized her right away. We sat in a nearby cafe so she could do a little intro of how she ended up in Rome and came to know so much about its history and its food scene. She brought us to several different restaurants and cafe's around Monti. Monti is very picturesque, non-touristy neighborhood with a rich history. I wish I could have done all the tours! We ate the best Salami and Bufalata Mozzarella EVER! We had an amazing lunch, ate desert, drank wine, and engaged in wonderful conversation. Elizabeth was so warm, friendly, and just the right amount of quirky. =D If you're in Rome, I definitely recommend

Thanks so much for joining me for the day in Monti. Reading your review is actually making me hungry!!
Hope you make it back soon, so we can explore another neighborhood.
Elizabeth