“A local guide”

Elizabeth Minchilli in Rome
Ranked #3 of 499 Shopping in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Elizabeth MInchilli in Rome offers intensely delicious food packed private experiences in Rome. Join professional food write Elizabeth Minchilli on a day long exploration of markets, food stores, wine bars, ice cream shops, chocolate makers and pizzerias. Make every bite count! Featured in The New York Times, Travel & Leisure and Food & Wine Magazine.
Reviewed 11 July 2017

She's savvy and know her food. Well connected to the food scene in Italy. I trust her recommendations

All reviews
"molto"
in 10 reviews
"forno"

Reviewed 4 June 2017

I joined Elizabeth's week in Rome group tour in March, and she and Sophie were delightful and delicious hosts for my visit to Rome! They organized a spectacular itinerary with a visit to an olive oil and winery (where I had the most delicious olive oil and wine shipped home), a goat farm, a cooking class in Elizabeth's kitchen, along with some of the most scrumptious food Rome has to offer! Elizabeth and Sophie took us to places I would have never found on my own, where I feasted on a fried artichoke and creamy pasta in a gorgeous restaurant in the Jewish Ghetto, visited their favorite local pizzeria, tried amazing pizza bianca in Campo di Fiori, sampled a cheese and meat platter at a cozy wine shop, and had the best tiramisu I've ever tasted in a Roman restaurant situated on a historic pile of pottery.

Sophie took us to the oldest bakery in Rome, introduced us to her goats in Orvieto and urged me to try wild boar. I loved staying in the Monti neighborhood, which was just charming and the apartment for the week was spacious and lovely and immaculate. I was just a reader of Elizabeth's book and blog but I'm so glad I spent a week with her and Sophie. I'm still dreaming of the food I tasted in Rome and hoping someday I can make a return visit to the eternal city!

2  Thank ValerieS82012
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Sophie led us on an eating tour of her favorite drop-in spots. While the food we tasted was good and her stories were fun, we felt the price we paid was quite high for what we received.

5  Thank NonFu
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Elizabeth's daughter, Sophie, gave us the tour. She was very engaging and knowledgeable. Our tour was more expensive than the typical group tour but it was just for us, and was semi-customized for us. Besides a general orientation, we were mostly interested in Sophie’s recommendations for food sources and restaurants in the neighborhood since we were in town for 3 weeks. Her advice was on point and we benefitted from it throughout our stay.

2  Thank egliz
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 December 2016

This November, my wife and I joined a small group for a week long food tour of Rome. Elizabeth Minchilli was our host, assisted by her daughter Sophie. The tour even included a lovely apartment in the Monti neighborhood. Elizabeth and Sophie took us to some of their favorite vendors and restaurants, all of which were fantastic. A special highlight was a visit to the American Academy in Rome which included a great lunch and tours of the main building, gardens and the 17th century Villa Aurelia. Elizabeth's deep knowledge and perspective as an expatriate and long time resident of Rome made the experience far richer than we expected. That, along with the great food, and the warmth and humor of her family made us want to immediately do the entire tour again!

ElizabethMInchilli, Owner at Elizabeth Minchilli in Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Thanks so much for the great review! Although it seems like it was a long time ago (really only a few weeks!) I love seeing all the photographs you took while you were here on FB. I I hope you get a chance to come and join us again in the future. Maybe next time Umbria?! x,Elizabeth