“very accommodating staff, very friendly”
Review of Daniel's Hotel

Daniel's Hotel
Ranked #437 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Howell, New Jersey, United States
“very accommodating staff, very friendly”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The hotel is very nice, situated on a pleasant street near the Spanish Steps. The room was clean, good size by European standards. Breakfast buffet was much better than average. We really liked the way the staff treated us (and everyone else so far as we could tell).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jack T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel is perfect for visiting all the major attractions in central room, you can walk to 90% of all the places you want to see and visit. The hotel staff are very helpful and couldn't do enough to ensure we had a great time in Rome. The roof restauant views are a little disappointing, but everything else was very good. We also liked the fact thaty there are some many restauants near the hotel with good food excellant servise and considering we were in the centre of Rome the prices were very resonable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the perfect location you can ask for when ib rome.Just in the midle of everything. We where upgraded to a superior room wich was very nice. The breakfast at the restaurant roof is very good. For us this is our home in Rome!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank hi61
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

3 nights (Sat-Sun-Mon)

Great location on Via Frattina near Spanish Steps. Central to everything.

It's on a pedestrian thoroughfare, so taxis don't go to the front door. You have to walk about 200m down the walkway with your luggage. Not an issue for me.

The room was nice/clean.

The door to my room was slightly ajar when I checked in (ie housekeeping had left it open), and I found that the door had to be pushed / pulled quite hard to get the door to lock every time I passed through it. Reception said they'd get "maintenance to look at it" however I never saw anyone nor any improvement. I was concerned that housekeeping might leave it open one day while I was out, so I was extra careful to keep my belongings locked. Thankfully housekeeping never left it ajar again during my stay.

I had a room on the first floor at the top of a flight of steps, so I could hear conversations at the front desk, and hear the front desk phone ring, and hear the TV in the waiting lounge next to the reception. Whilst this annoyed me a little, thankfully that never disturbed my sleep, however it's worth mentioning because it's unprofessional to have a situation like that.

The room's décor was atrocious (refer photos), however having visited Italy many times now, I accept that's the norm at this price range.

The room was also facing into an internal courtyard, and I heard a constant dripping sound day & night for the entire stay. (An aircon unit?). Thankfully it did not keep me awake.

The breakfast room on the top floor of the building was a lovely way to start the day, and the choice & quantity of food was good. The young man who managed the breakfast room was always helpful. (Grazie Mille!)

I would certainly stay here again, however I would not accept the same room again.

Room Tip: Not the first floor, given the sound transfer from the ground floor reception. I'd imagine that...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We just came back from a 2 week trip in Europe...stayed in 4 hotels on our vacation and what a big disappointment Daniels was. For $500 USD we feel we were cheated. We arrived on Saturday June 8 and stayed 3 nights. There were 3 people in my family..so we were given a room with a sofa bed. First off...there are 15 rooms in the entire hotel...our transport we set up with the hotel knew we were 3 people and the driver showed up with a small BMW. You would of thought the hotel might have mentioned to grab a bigger car for our party..NO
We arrived at the hotel and the front desk just looked at us...One of the few nice people of the hotel Danilo was friendly...the woman standing next to him didnt even want to look at me when I was checking in. Throughout our whole trip, Athens..Sorrento, and Sicily the front desk staff was more than welcoming when we arrived...Not Daniels
No one helped us with our bags...they placed them in the elevator and never said a thing to us
Honestly...an unwelcoming entrance isnt the reason I didnt like my stay
Lets talk about the hotel...This place has 1 Pro....LOCATION...its in the heart of the prime shopping area and near spanish steps.
Lets talk about the negatives...first the room....the hotel is in need of some renovations...carpets were old in the hallways and it feels hotel was very dated
My parents slept on a regular queen bed and I slept on the sofa bed which pulled out. Ive slept on many sofa beds but the sofa bed at Daniels is something from a prison cell...I will try and post pictures later...Hard metal bars were digging into my back when I slept and there was a piece of 6 inch foam core used as a mattress....I wouldnt let a dog sleep on the bed.
The views were something you would see out of a jail cell...we were looking at pipes and electrical boxes.
The Breakfast...what a MAJOR disappointment....Every hotel breakfast has orange juice...NOT THIS ONE...all they had was bottled blood orange and a few croissants and donuts, yogurt. No one to make any eggs or anything you wanted.
The last straw...We had a flight out at 6:20....I told front desk to make sure we had a transfer early...They suggested leaving for airport at 4am. We walked our luggage to front of hotel and waited from 3:50 on....no one
When i asked front desk where driver was...they said he's coming...we waited and waited
They finally called and transfer service thought it was for 4pm...
A taxi pulls up 10 minutes later and we are speeding 85 mph to airport
The whole experience was just a major disappointment
Do not stay somewhere for its location

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank chuck72883
Placerville, California
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We decided that this year, we wanted a more centralized hotel for our tours and trips, this hotel was perfect. It is a small hotel, with big hotel service. Friendly staff, a good breakfast on the roof-top terrace, coffee and wine available at almost all hours. Great street for world class shopping (albeit with first class prices as well). Numerous excellent restaurants close by, and many of the Rome attractions within walking distance.

Room Tip: oops, there is no pool or exercise center, rated before looking. The junior suites are very nice, wi...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Placerville, California
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is the first time we've stayed here but it was fabulous! We were in the Verdi Suite which overlooks the Via Frattina (the main pedestrian boulevard in Rome). The hotel is centrally located and within easy walking distance to most major attractions (Trevi, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, etc.).

Room Tip: Any of the suites are lovely; we were in the Verdi Suite and it was very roomy, fronted on the Via F...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family