Hotel Degli Aranci
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$625
US$414
US$222
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$273
US$733
US$443
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclassical romeboth breakfast and dinnervilla borgheselovely hotelresidential areapleasant rooma short taxi rideday ticketreally enjoyed our stay hererooms are cleanstayed daysrecommend this hoteltrain stationthe main tourist attractionsquiet locationtriple roomhop on hop off bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Located in an elegant part of town. My room was small but cozy and v. clean. Avoid rooms in the basement if possible as they can be reached only via the elevator that is always very busy. Very standard but varied breakfast. Plus: there's a small gym available to guests from 7am to 9pm. The staff is professional and nice. I cannot comment on the price as I was on a business trip and the room was paid for.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Emanuela C
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I suppose I am being terrible just giving this gem of a hotel 3 stars where in fact it deserves more! The reason being there is only one suite in the hotel, and all the bigger family rooms are called Junior Suites...except when you book on line the only suite is called a Junior Suite and the family rooms are deluxe rooms...confusing or what!!!

I was travelling to Rome with my father and it was very difficult to find a hotel with adjoining rooms and balcony. So we decided the best option was a Suite. On arrival to the hotel, late at night, we were given the key to our suite and to my horror it was a double room where the beds had been separated to make two single beds about half a metre apart. I don't know which one of us was more speechless. It completely ruined the beginning of our few days together. I ended up in a room on another floor...so much for us being together. The Suite, there is only one, was booked out for our entire stay.

Oh yes, they managed to get me a tiny dark dingy room next to my fathers room. It was extremely claustrophobic and I did not spend any time in it because I hated it.

On another note the staff were fabulous and so so helpful. The hotel is a sweet little gem in a lovely area but relying on public transport is not an option. Taxis are very expensive as they charge from where they get the call so can arrive at the hotel with 12 euro already on the meter.

Regarding the facilities in the rooms, there was a Nespresso machine but no cups! I was told it was because they were dangerous and was brought plastic espresso cups. There are no glasses in the rooms either and again I was brought plastic glasses!!!!!

Would I stay in this hotel again...yes if I got the Suite I had booked as I ended up paying the same price for the two rooms...one of which was dark and dingy and miserable. Otherwise, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We spent 2 nights at this charming hotel as a part of our birthday/anniversary celebration. Very lovely room with marble bathroom! Loved the decor! The breakfast was great and the staff were so kind. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly.
It is located in a residential area but you can find restaurants etc. nearby. There is also a bus stop nearby the hotel and a train station not far away either. This makes it very easy to visit the places of interest.
We could have easily given it a 5 but there was no coffee/tea maker which I was anticipating; but after checking the hotel's website it mentioned mini bar but it did not state that the rooms had a coffee/tea maker...so that was my 'bad judgement' I guess; we're just so used to having that facility. I also doubt the rooms are sound proofed as we could hear our 'neighbours' music from the hall, but fortunately it didn't affect our sleep.
We would definitely stay here again. We would just ensure that we walk with our travel sized electric kettle :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Finally a hotel that is just great and welcomes you nicely:
- very friendly resceptionists; helpful, competent
- I slept very good in room 310; no disturbing noice, bed was very comfortable
- hole Hotel is clean and in good condition
- pick-up from airport and bringing back in time; in a nice car to a fair price
- the prices of the rooms are very good, especially when you see how great the rooms are
- check-in & check-out easily
- dinner at the restaurant was fantastic; also to a fair price; waiter & chef took care of the guests in a very friendly way!

I hope this will help you to have a nice stay in one of the most beautiful cities!

Room Tip: I expericenced room 310 - was perfect! Clean, comfortable, quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank TimoM3
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice (nothing out of the ordinary, though), but it's hard to reach via public transport (bus, metro) and taxi can be very expensive, especially during the night, as they have night service tax.

With regards to the room, ours was very small and lacked some "details" (one towel instead of 2, no flip-flops) and had an unpleasant smell (especially the bathroom).

The reception guy was very nice and helpful. He kind of made our itinerary for the weekend, with useful tips and tricks.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple