“Great place”

Hotel Degli Aranci
Ranked #295 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
“Great place”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I spent 4 nights at the Aranci and was quite pleased after having traveled from London and Paris. The prices are exceptionally reasonable for a 4 star hotel in Europe. If you think 125 cad or us a night will get you more then you need to seriously adjust your expectations or stay in some cheaper places and see what kind of amenities and services you get. Try it. The staff was very polite and outside of not having an item on the menu I ordered there was very little wrong. It's north of the heart of Rome and 5 minutes from the Euclide station or a 45 to 60 minute walk to most major spots. A nicer, quieter spot away from tourist traps. Good little gym open almost all day, free wifi and lovely clean rooms. Seriously if you cannot see the beauty in this lovely spot, go somewhere else.

3 Thank Spencer J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Very good 4 star hotel.
- lovely area - accessible with busses every 15 mins.
- nicely decorated room - good size triple
- excellent breakfast with good service all round.

Couldn t faulted except two minor things
- bathroom in room 165 where we stayed had an unpleasant smell
- room a bit noisy at night - maybe bexause of the lift?

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alexandra Livia P
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I spent one night in this hotel during a business trip in Rome. I found an high quality hotel with a very professional staff (always more rare!).
The room was very well furnished and clean with a big and comfortable bed.
I suggest this hotel also for the position: Parioli area is very nice and not so far from the city center.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Luca R
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel has such a cheek - we had two reservations here for three nights, one was pre-paid, one was guaranteed by credit card, and since I knew my husband, son and friend, would be arriving around 9pm I even called the same morning, speaking to one Francesco on reception, who assured me that all is fine, never mind the late arrival... well you can guess the rest...
When my family arrived at the hotel, guess what? NO ROOMS AVAILABLE - double bookings was their answer - but not just one of the two rooms were unavailable but BOTH ROOMS HAD BEEN GIVEN TO OTHER CLIENTS. They offered another room in one of their chains but far far away, which of course being part of a sporting group who were staying in the hotel did not suit us..... and even the next day when they should have rectified the problem - the girl Isabella who I spoke to on the phone just said "sorry also today we will not have a room available". Frankly i'm still in shock but BE WARNED - this hotel doesn't honor either confirmed reservations or pre paid reservations. WHAT A DISGRACE.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank lovesgreathotels2
Pavia, Italy
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Located in an elegant part of town. My room was small but cozy and v. clean. Avoid rooms in the basement if possible as they can be reached only via the elevator that is always very busy. Very standard but varied breakfast. Plus: there's a small gym available to guests from 7am to 9pm. The staff is professional and nice. I cannot comment on the price as I was on a business trip and the room was paid for.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Emanuela C
Ireland
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I suppose I am being terrible just giving this gem of a hotel 3 stars where in fact it deserves more! The reason being there is only one suite in the hotel, and all the bigger family rooms are called Junior Suites...except when you book on line the only suite is called a Junior Suite and the family rooms are deluxe rooms...confusing or what!!!

I was travelling to Rome with my father and it was very difficult to find a hotel with adjoining rooms and balcony. So we decided the best option was a Suite. On arrival to the hotel, late at night, we were given the key to our suite and to my horror it was a double room where the beds had been separated to make two single beds about half a metre apart. I don't know which one of us was more speechless. It completely ruined the beginning of our few days together. I ended up in a room on another floor...so much for us being together. The Suite, there is only one, was booked out for our entire stay.

Oh yes, they managed to get me a tiny dark dingy room next to my fathers room. It was extremely claustrophobic and I did not spend any time in it because I hated it.

On another note the staff were fabulous and so so helpful. The hotel is a sweet little gem in a lovely area but relying on public transport is not an option. Taxis are very expensive as they charge from where they get the call so can arrive at the hotel with 12 euro already on the meter.

Regarding the facilities in the rooms, there was a Nespresso machine but no cups! I was told it was because they were dangerous and was brought plastic espresso cups. There are no glasses in the rooms either and again I was brought plastic glasses!!!!!

Would I stay in this hotel again...yes if I got the Suite I had booked as I ended up paying the same price for the two rooms...one of which was dark and dingy and miserable. Otherwise, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Caen, France
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We spent 2 nights at this charming hotel as a part of our birthday/anniversary celebration. Very lovely room with marble bathroom! Loved the decor! The breakfast was great and the staff were so kind. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly.
It is located in a residential area but you can find restaurants etc. nearby. There is also a bus stop nearby the hotel and a train station not far away either. This makes it very easy to visit the places of interest.
We could have easily given it a 5 but there was no coffee/tea maker which I was anticipating; but after checking the hotel's website it mentioned mini bar but it did not state that the rooms had a coffee/tea maker...so that was my 'bad judgement' I guess; we're just so used to having that facility. I also doubt the rooms are sound proofed as we could hear our 'neighbours' music from the hall, but fortunately it didn't affect our sleep.
We would definitely stay here again. We would just ensure that we walk with our travel sized electric kettle :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple