“Lovely hotel very close to the Colosseum”

Capo d'Africa Hotel
Ranked #74 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Lovely hotel, very clean, good sized room, comfortable bed. Staff were very friendly. Great choice for buffet breakfast, lots of delicious cakes and chocolate goodies. Location of hotel is right next to the Colosseum which is great, however not that much surrounding the actual hotel. To get to the better restaurants you have to walk into the city centre a bit more which would be fine in the summer months I think, but as I went in winter it was dark by 5 and reluctant to head to far away from the hotel at night in fear of not finding my way back!

Hotel rooms also come with comfy slippers and dressing gown for you to use as you wish. There is also a gym in the hotel, although never used this myself.

Overall lovely stay and would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FarrahM123

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed in Capo d'Africa Hotel for one week and it was perfect from day one.
The hotel is located right next to the Collosseo (5 minutes walk), but the street is nice and discrete.
The reception staff were friendly and ready to help us with information, tips or things we needed there (they were kind enough to charge our iphone everyday, because we forgot the charger home).
Breakfast was delicios and the staff just lovely.
I recommend this hotel with all my heart.

Room Tip: No need for superior room, standard is really nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanaMM
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the Capo D'Africa, and were really pleased with our choice of hotel. The reception staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Happy to give us tips for getting about Rome.
Its very close to the Colosseum, but quiet enough for you to relax away from the crowds.
the only thing that we would have liked would be tea & coffee making facilities in the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I am just back from a five day stay in this wonderful hotel.

From the welcome we got when we arrived to the goodbyes we got when we left our stay was truly wonderful.

The hotels location is a 5 minute walk to the Collosseo and the metro for the b line or 10 mins to the a line so its location is perfect for all of your sightseeing needs or if your feeling fit its not too far to the via de corso for all you shopaholics!!

The room i booked was perfect, kept immaculately clean by the house keeping staff, it was warm comfortable, spacious and quiet. All we could really want!

The only thing I have a minor gripe with is the Wi-fi it is a little temperamental especially at night but mind you its free! but as i said its me just trying to find something!

Now onto the highlight of the our stay here. Its simple. THE STAFF. They are nothing short of exceptional. from the receptionists to the bartenders to the breakfast staff even the General manager who was kind enough to give us his Umbrella one morning! But a special mention has to go to Guilana in the restaurant. i cannot say enough about her only that she brightened up our morning every day. We were habitually late every morning but she always greeted us with the warmest smile and welcome and even towards the end we had our own table ready and waiting. It is staff like this that would make me want to come back to this hotel in a heartbeat we were made feel very special.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. if you want great location, and genuine friendly staff in Rome then look no further!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bantry_Dub
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of the reviews, we booked a superior double room but it was cramped and not spacious as shown in pictures, when asking reception what our room was classified ,if I was to book again, I was told a STANDARD double room, disappointed that we paid for superior but was given standard - did not raise the issue as receptionist back tracked to "no it's a superior, my mistake " we just will not go back there, the reviewers were obviously given what they paid for, we had no views , just the noisy street below where rubbish collection woke us daily at the front of hotel......when in Rome ....won't stay here - from regular visitor to Rome

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Firecracking
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Chef Davide in the L'Attico restaurant located on the top floor of the hotel is by far the best in Rome. And that saids a lot for a city that prides in it's Italian cuisine. He can make you whatever you like and as a vegetarian I found it amazing on how creative he got with my meals every time I came. He took great pride on what he made and treated it as if he was cooking for a king. Truly the best flavors I have ever tasted in Rome. I now tell everyone I know who is visiting Rome to make sure to have chef Davide cook for you. Not only was the food great but the service was amazing. Victoria made me feel at home from day one and it's another reason I kept coming back. It felt like family and she made sure I was taken care of. She genuinely cares about her customers which is rare to find. These two individuals are truly hidden gems in this great city. The hotel is also a great place to stay. And every is incredibly nice and make sure your needs are met. Breakfast with Jullianna's welcome was a treat every morning. I will only stay in this hotel if I ever come back again and I highly recommend it to all who visit.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I went with a friend and was very pleasantly surprised with the spacious room. After staying in other hotels in Europe where the twin beds were so close they were virtually a double, this room was a godsend. The room was huge with plenty of space between the beds(so no chance of hitting my friend by accident) and the shower was amazing. The staff were really friendly and helpful especially Victoria and the lovely lady at breakfast whose name I didn't get. Breakfast was amazing. So much choice from hot food to fruit to wonderful bread and cheeses and vegetarian tarts. I think I put on a stone. Also the restaurant was to die for. We ate here twice out of three nights and the chef knows what he's doing. Both meals were cooked to perfection and I had the best seafood starter I have had in my life(I've attached a photo as it was so good) I would definitely stay here again if I go back to Rome as the location and the hotel are perfect.

Room Tip: If your travelling as friends room 118 is a amazing twin
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends