- Fast check-in and check-out (but read about the extra room key incident below)
- Nice room with comfortable bed
- Good size bathroom with a bidet, always fun to have
- Big screen TV with multiple channels in many languages, including a channel from Cuba!
- In-room robes/sandals
- Free in-room wi-fi
- Extra space in the mini-bar to place your own beverages
- Gorgeous terrace (roof) with views of the city
- Fixed-fee four-course dinner option featuring Rome specialties in the restaurant for 35 euros was very good (but read about coke price below)
- There were several places to eat nearby (but there are places to eat all over Rome)
- Restaurant staff was super nice
- I requested an extra key at check-in, which was refused. Later that same day, I left my key in the room so had to request another key when I came back.
- The view from my room was into an inside courtyard with a residential look, including clotheslines with clothes hung to dry
- No door eye to see who's knocking on the door
- No in-room coffee/tea
- No in-room iron
- Bathroom had no box of tissues; instead just two packets with three tissues each
- Asked for hair conditioner and soap thrice (twice one day and then the next day when they were finally delivered)
- Coke was 5 euros in the restaurant!
- Front-desk staff was moody and at times seemed angry
- The worst: The air conditioner did not function properly during the first half of my stay (the problem was fixed midway through my stay.) I asked that someone came in to explain how to regulate it, they sent a bellman who did not know and said he would send an engineer who never came. Then I find out that the hotel has a/c hours according to the time of the year. During my stay, a/c was only operational 7-10 am and 4-11:30 pm; regular air comes out during the other times. I could not leave the window open because people could get in as it was on the first floor. The average temperature in Rome was 80F/27C during the day and 60F/16C at night so the room felt stuffy most of the time.
- Hotel is located in a residential area (though there is another hotel across the street); 8-10 minute walk to the Colosseum and nearest metro station, which is next to the Colosseum. The Colosseum can only be seen from the hotel terrace, not from the rooms, and only the top can be seen.
- Breakfast buffet was average with the same cold options (cereal, pastries, fruit) and hot options (eggs, bacon, sausage) and was included in the room rate; otherwise it's 15 euros.
- Decent exercise room but did not use
- No pool; no spa
Average stay and I'm surprised so many people have rated this hotel as excellent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capo d'Africa Hotel is an elegant and welcoming Boutique Hotel, located next to the Colosseum , with a breathtaking view from our roof garden. On the top floor, the Hotel's 2014 new service: L'Attico bistrot. Situated on the panoramic room with a double facade overlooking the two terraces, the restaurant offers a Roman cuisine reinterpreted in modern key. During Spring and Summer time the guests are welcome to enjoy a relaxing drink or a delicacy in the magic atmosphere of "La Terrazza" bar, situated on the roof garden. In the Hall, besides the reception, there is a Centrum Bar and a cosy lounge. When you enter the hotel, you can immediately admire the hotel's symbol: a wall of rubber roses ("Il cespuglio") created by the artist Paolo Canevari. The 65 rooms, arranged on three floors, are immersed in the warm shades of ochre, sand and yellow saffron . Capo d'Africa has three multi-functional and day-light conferences rooms able to seat up to 60 people and a gym provided with modern exercise equipments. L' Attico bistrot is open from 7.00 Pm to 11.00 Pm, from Monday to Saturday. The Chef prepares appetizing dishes from the Roman and Italian cuisine reinterpreted in a modern key, all strictly home-made express and creative, in line with the fresh and modern style of the Hotel Capo d'Africa. Selected ingredients and high quality products are the basis of our menu. The service is provided on the panoramic room with a double facade overlooking the two terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Blastness , TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Capo d'Africa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capo d Africa Hotel
- Capo d Africa Rome