“Nice and very convenient ”

Capo d'Africa Hotel
Ranked #69 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Rome, Italy
“Nice and very convenient ”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a quite place not too fat from the city center that is the place
Near the Colosseo and really close to the main attraction of Rome
The breakfast on the roof is worth the staying. Staff is very kind and rooms are very quite and clean.... And quite rooms in the heart of Rome are not so easy to find!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IlaBenni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Hotel Capo d'Africa and I'm still head over heels about the place. Although it is spread over 5 floors this is a real boutique hotel experience. I paid for one of their deluxe double rooms and waqsn't dissapointed. Unlike previous reviewers there was no issue with the air conditioning and it proved life saving as the temperature hit 35 degrees in early June ! The only issue I had was with the wi-fi which could on occasions be a bit hit and miss but as it was free I had no real compliants.

The staff and atmosphere make this my first choice hotel in Rome, it is perfectly placed close to the Colosseum & Roman Forum but sufficiently tucked away to make it a quiet oasis. I can't recommend this hotel high enough, although don't want the whole world to find out as I don't want it to change. I will most definitely be going back !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RIB132014
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel in June for 3 nights. We found the staff extremely friendly, they gave us a map and indicated the places to visit. When my husband asked where he could buy a sewing kit as a button had been lost from his shirt, they supplied him with one. We had a very nice dinner on the terrace restaurant where the staff once again were very attentive. Breakfast in the same place also good. Our room was excellent and air conditioning worked well!! It was 36c whilst we were there! We found the location fine for visiting the sights, everything being walkable, when we required a taxi to take us to the Vatican for an early morning visit, reception called one instantly which came within 5mins. If we ever return to Rome we would stay at this hotel and hopefully receive the same service. Doug & Linda Johnston

Room Tip: Room on 3rd floor quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doug J
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in Apr 2014. The hotel is closed to Colosseo and just a 10 mins walk to metro. Very convenient.

Before departure, we paid extra EURO 20 a night to upgrade to deluxe room from superior room. The upgraded room is a little bit bigger and we can enjoy free wifi. The room is clean and big. But, some problem in the air-conditioner in our room. We always feel hot in the mid-night. Besides, the wifi is not stable. And the breakfast is so so.

However, the front desk is nice and helpful. He is friendly and explained clearly how to get to different locations.

workheartplayheart.blogspot.com

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bellmore
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my family for 2 nights. The staff was very nice and helpful and the rooftop bar was nice after a long day of touring. I enjoyed breakfast with the large selection of different cheeses and meats. My only complaint with the hotel was the air conditioning. My first day I complained and was told the a/c would be on from 4pm-11pm. The front desk clerk told me that Italians aren't as dependent on air conditioning as Americans!!! Finally at 4 pm the a/c was put on.....and around 11pm it shut off. The next day I was told it would be on from 6pm-11pm. When I complained about the room being hot I was told it was broken and would be fixed the next morning. Sleeping in a hot room is not my idea of a vacation and I'm certainly not going to pay to wake up covered in sweat, so the next day my family packed up and headed to another hotel...........one with nice air conditioned rooms.

Room Tip: Check that there is air conditioning before you pay for the room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank dulberg
Tega Cay, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights in June 2014 and the staff was very helpful. The room was nice size and the a/c was working! The breakfast outside on the roof top terrace was wonderful. We enjoyed our stay.
Bonnie, South Carolina

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Terrigal
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel for three nights, staff are not that friendly, house keeping is a little laid back. Our room had a leaking air conditioner so we had a bucket with a towel in the room permanently. Staff did not seem to care when told. We asked reception if they knew of a self serve laundry and we had been told it would be a 40min cab ride. On more research we found one within a 10min walk from the Hotel called Ondo Blu on Alfieri. Breakfast is ok but not a great selection, some staff are very rude and not friendly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Alessandra L, Direttore at Capo d'Africa Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Jenn Trigal,

thank you for taking the time to post your comments during your stay at Hotel Capo d’Africa on Sunday June 8th.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the leaking air conditioner, but I’d like to inform all Tripadvisers that on Monday morning our engineer has immediately solved the problem and the bucket was consequently removed from the room.
I’m sorry to read that one of our Front Office Agent gave you a wrong information about the self serve laundry as Onda Blu is walking distance from the hotel and we always suggest it to guests who do not like to have hotel laundry service. I’m going to investigate to understand how it has been possible.
Your negative posting referred to the negative attitude of our team came to us as a great displeasure, all my staff remember you, your husband and above all your sweet daughter with affection and do not understand where and how they failed with you.
I kindly ask you to write me at info@hotelcapodafrica.com the names of the persons that you mentioned to be rude.
Even if during your stay we could not meet your expectations, we hope to welcome you again and have the chance to show that we normally serve a high level of service.

Alessandra Laterza