“Great hotel”

Ranked #45 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Tel Aviv District, Israel
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had a flawless stay for 3 nights in this hotel. The staff is very helpful and the deluxe room was beautiful. The location is just perfect within a walking distance from all the attractions. Would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again next time.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Harryasya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Greek first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

A charming hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. The room is compact but has everything a tourist might want including a large bed, wardrobes, shower room and w/c. We found the bed a bit hard as we have memory foam at home. Lovely breakfast each morning with a good selection of fresh fruit, pastries, cooked and cold produce. Perfect location from which to explore the main tourist sites. We would definitely go back again and recommend to anyone.

1 Thank Kerenza W
Savage, Maryland
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel is clean and the staff were great, it sits a very short walk from metro stop Flaminio, and is walking distance from all the major sites. Our stay there was very enjoyable and we will certainly be back,

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This beautiful, small hotel has a lot of personality in its public space. The rooms are attractive. It is located near the Metro stop and is close to shopping, restaurants, and sites.

Breakfast is included and has eggs, meats, cheeses, pastry, cereal, teas, coffee, juices and more. Each evening is a half price happy hour which includes snacks. Many nights we ate there and caught up with friends. In addition to the next day's weather report, you also get a chocolate to end your day.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had to fax something to the U.S. and they did so for me at no charge.

I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for a place in Rome.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the deluxe room for a small increase in price. They are slightly bigger and worth the ex...
2 Thank CindiR
Silver Coast
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed here at the end of January 2014 for 4 nights. A very discreet entrance (we walked right by it and had to ask for directions) on a rather nondescript major street but once inside, we cheered up immediately. A friendly welcome by both front desk and the porter and we had only a short wait for our room in their very comfortable bar. Said bar serves half-price cocktails with snacks every evening and lots of guests took advantage of this so the atmosphere was really nice. Congratulations to the bar person on duty who was alone and kept things flowing smoothly without a hint of stress, very professional. Only wish I could provide her name. Remiss of me! Not so positive - the room. Having read comments here about the size of the rooms (or lack thereof) and as it was hubbie's birthday, I pushed the boat out and booked a deluxe room. Frankly, I was extremely disappointed. I had to check with the porter that we hadn't been given the wrong room by mistake. Very, VERY small for a deluxe room, not enough wardrobe space, uncomfortably small bathroom with a window which I think was what made it deluxe (!), furnishings that had seen better days, yucky carpet and a tempermental shower. I felt a right chump! To be fair, because hubby was quite pleased and I didn't want to spoil things, I didn't complain so I can't pass comment on how the front desk staff would have handled this situation. We checked out a standard room opposite us and it was incredibly small (even the maid said 'molto piccolo') but in no way can the extra we paid be justified. Lots of choice for breakfast, very good indeed. I thought I wouldn't mind the fact that you take one lift to the 1st floor and then walk along a corridor to get into a tiny lift to get to the remaining floors but actually, it was a real pain! The location is just fine for getting to all major sites if you enjoy walking, which we do. In conclusion, high expectations of this hotel which weren't met because we certainly did not get value for money. I wish I could say we'd stay there again but I'm afraid it's not going to happen.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JordanSilverCoast
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel in July 2013. We were amazed from the moment we stepped into the hotel and found this hotel accommodated our every want and need.

THE HOTEL
Upon arriving we were greeted by friendly staff who were very welcoming. We were quickly escorted to our room and found the small hotel to be beautifully decorated. The room itself was a tad on the small side but we didnt mind due to it close loction to sights. The room was clean and again nicely decorated. Our standard double room had a tv, mini bar, a safe and toiletries. Bed sheets and towels were changed daily. In the evening weather forecasts and chocolates were left on the pillows which was a very nice touch. There is also a computer area that can be used for free.

HOTEL LOCATION
The hotel itself is suited on a little side road away from the hustle and bustle of the main streets yet close enough to squares and attractions. We navigated around on foot for the entire journey and visited all the sights such as Vatican City and the Colloseum. For us the location was perfect.

FOOD
The hotel serves a buffet style breakfast. I throughly enjoyed brekfast and found I could have something different every morning. The kitchen staff were helpful and friendly and found it a nice touch that they would make you fresh coffee upon request. Lunch and dinner were never a problem as when in Rome you are only ever walking distance from the amazing food it has to offer.

Overall we had a very enjoyable stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic place to stay in the center of Rome.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dason89
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 6 February 2014

What a lovely hotel! Beautifully decorated and very clean. The staff was very friendly and professional. The free breakfast was was great and the coffee was very good. The hotel is within walking distance to many of the main attractions. I would highly recommend this hotel.

2 Thank Victoriajer