“Great hotel”

Ranked #44 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed here during our short break in Roma. Excellent position,beautiful interior,good rooms,though small.But you do not visit Rome to stay in your room,so it was fine by us! Will most certainly stay there again!

Room Tip: Upgrade as soon as you get there if not happy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 31 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our first nights in Italy on our honeymoon. The hotel room was small compared to North American standards, but it's clean and the staffs were extremely helpful! Great buffet breakfast and close proximity to the metro, which is key in seeing all the landmarks in Rome. Would reco to a friend for sure.

Grayson, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was reviewed so well that we chose to stay here with our family for my 60th birthday party. We booked 4 rooms for 3 nights. This was the last leg of our vacation so we were really looking forward to enjoying this hotel. When we walked in to the lobby and tried to check in, the front desk said they had no rooms for us. They said there was a computer problem and they overbooked. When I asked why I never received a call, the front desk clerk said the hotel just realized it the night before. Please note that I had paid in full for our stay through TravelBound. I said this was unacceptable and the front desk clerk said they would send me to a different hotel. I asked to see the manager and he said there was nothing the hotel could do for me except find us another hotel. I was absolutely livid. I told them all that they were going to honor our reservation or I was going to sue them for fraud. They had our money for all the rooms for six months! After there were words back and forth, the hotel 'found' four rooms. However, one was downgraded to a standard room and they refused to refund the money. They said we could have credit at the bar. By this time (over an hour in the lobby arguing) I didn't make an issue of this. When we were leaving 3 days later at 6:00 am we asked if we could get some coffee. The breakfast room didn't start serving until 6:30 am. The answer was no. Of course by now, nothing surprised me at this hotel. We will never go back again.

Stayed July 2014
11 Thank mkberkson
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Took full advantage of all this lovely hotel had to offer, from indulging at breakfast to pre tea nibbles with ultra cheap happy hour cocktails. Staff were always very courteous and friendly, hotel was kept very clean. Walkable to everywhere we went (Vatican 20mins, Colosseum 30 mins, Trestevere night market 45mins) -although blister plasters were a must! Lots of lovely restaurants nearby (tripadvisor Rome app was used plenty, great as worked offline). Room itself was a little in need of update but loved the decor and bathroom, ability to change most programmes to original language was great, staff cleaned up after us well (apologies!) and the card with temperatures for the next day including pillow chocolates was much appreciated! Very delicious and strong cocktails - would recommend the margarita - always finished off a day of sightseeing. Would stay again if came back to Rome.

2 Thank Kirsty H
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

4 of us stayed here 21st - 24th August in 2 Superior Rooms. This was my husband and I's 2nd stay at the River Palace and we loved it more the 2nd time than the 1st!

Pros:-
Excellent location, everything is in walking distance
Immaculately clean everywhere throughout the hotel
Breakfast was great - huge choice and all very fresh
Staff in the hotel are friendly and helpful (particularly liked our bar-man but can't remember his name, sorry!)
Superior rooms are a good size and very comfortable
Happy Hour is amazing value and the free snacks are great

Cons
Just the hairdryer in the bathroom - it cuts out after a few seconds so i would suggest bringing your own.

fabulous hotel in a fabulous city - we've been to Rome 4 times now and already can't wait to go back. When we do we will look no further than The River Palace.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are bigger and very comfortable.
2 Thank DR40
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The hotel was spotless the staff great and nothing was too much trouble. The room was on the small side but it was just for sleeping we weren't spending too much time in it. The breakfast was great, you could choose a hot (bacon, eggs etc) or cold (cereals, fruit etc) and have as much as you like. The hotel was fully air conditioned and so was the room. I was greated to a card from the hotel manager and a bottle of wine. The hotel is in walkable distance from most things, the furthest away being about a 30 minute walk. Taking a slow stroll meant you could see everything and take it at you own pace. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone and would go again.

Room Tip: higher rooms as you can see over most buildings
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our stay at River Palace could not have been better .
When we checked in we were very lucky enough to have been upgraded to a junior suite which was beautiful .
We took advantage of the happy hour each evening which offers half price drinks and cocktails . (It actually runs from 6 till 10 every night ) We found this a great way to start the evening before going out on the town . Our bar men Luca and Harold were very friendly and polite and thank you Harold for introducing me to Falengina . I love this wine !
The hotel is walking distance to restaurants and the main shopping distance and some of the tourist attractions but I would suggest getting the hop on hop off bus if you don't know the city layout that well as it is a great way to get your bearings .
Breakfast was provided in our room charge and this was delicious and a great way to start the day . You could even have bubbly if you wanted ..we were on holiday after all !The wait staff were very polite and would make a cappuccino for you if you asked .
We loved our stay at River Palace hotel and would definitely return .

2 Thank SallyQuinlivan