Hotel Colosseum(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$151
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$235
  • Room Service
US$317
US$219
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$165
Hotel Dei Mellini(Rome)
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
2,700 results
All reviewshalf price drinkspiazza del popolospanish stepsfree bar snacksflaminio metrodeluxe roomwithin walking distancepastriesrooms are smallturn down serviceevery eveningclassic roomtrevi fountainan upgradehotel barlovely hotelcomplimentary bottle of wine
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We enjoyed 5 nights in this classic Italian hotel within walking distance to all the major tourist sites. The staff were friendly, approachable and discreet. They offered us excellent suggestions for dinner dining and tours. The rooms, while small by NA standards , are very comfortable with A/C, and turndown service each evening. Breakfast was provided in our package and both a hot and cold buffet were offered. Happy Hour (from 6:00 -10pm) was a bonus and included most drinks and a light buffet, served in a nice lobby area. Overall, the hotel provided excellent value for money in a great location. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: The second floor is a great location.
1  Thank Judith N
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed here during our short break in Roma. Excellent position,beautiful interior,good rooms,though small.But you do not visit Rome to stay in your room,so it was fine by us! Will most certainly stay there again!

Room Tip: Upgrade as soon as you get there if not happy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our first nights in Italy on our honeymoon. The hotel room was small compared to North American standards, but it's clean and the staffs were extremely helpful! Great buffet breakfast and close proximity to the metro, which is key in seeing all the landmarks in Rome. Would reco to a friend for sure.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was reviewed so well that we chose to stay here with our family for my 60th birthday party. We booked 4 rooms for 3 nights. This was the last leg of our vacation so we were really looking forward to enjoying this hotel. When we walked in to the lobby and tried to check in, the front desk said they had no rooms for us. They said there was a computer problem and they overbooked. When I asked why I never received a call, the front desk clerk said the hotel just realized it the night before. Please note that I had paid in full for our stay through TravelBound. I said this was unacceptable and the front desk clerk said they would send me to a different hotel. I asked to see the manager and he said there was nothing the hotel could do for me except find us another hotel. I was absolutely livid. I told them all that they were going to honor our reservation or I was going to sue them for fraud. They had our money for all the rooms for six months! After there were words back and forth, the hotel 'found' four rooms. However, one was downgraded to a standard room and they refused to refund the money. They said we could have credit at the bar. By this time (over an hour in the lobby arguing) I didn't make an issue of this. When we were leaving 3 days later at 6:00 am we asked if we could get some coffee. The breakfast room didn't start serving until 6:30 am. The answer was no. Of course by now, nothing surprised me at this hotel. We will never go back again.

Stayed: July 2014
11  Thank mkberkson
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Took full advantage of all this lovely hotel had to offer, from indulging at breakfast to pre tea nibbles with ultra cheap happy hour cocktails. Staff were always very courteous and friendly, hotel was kept very clean. Walkable to everywhere we went (Vatican 20mins, Colosseum 30 mins, Trestevere night market 45mins) -although blister plasters were a must! Lots of lovely restaurants nearby (tripadvisor Rome app was used plenty, great as worked offline). Room itself was a little in need of update but loved the decor and bathroom, ability to change most programmes to original language was great, staff cleaned up after us well (apologies!) and the card with temperatures for the next day including pillow chocolates was much appreciated! Very delicious and strong cocktails - would recommend the margarita - always finished off a day of sightseeing. Would stay again if came back to Rome.

2  Thank Kirsty H