Casa di Santa Brigida
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Hiberia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$231
Hotel Adriano(Rome)
US$200
US$184
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$264
US$351
US$342
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Room Service
US$257
US$225
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspiazza farnesefrench embassybeautiful conventrooftop gardenyogurtpapal audiencewalking distancecold cutsthe location is perfectstayed here for nightsnunscatholicconventstvtrasteverecheesevatican
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2012

It has been some time since I was here but I still remember the welcoming feeling that my then new husband and I felt when we stayed here for our honeymoon. So glad to see the sisters still are still providing such gracious hospitality. It is the perfect location in the heart of the city. Near Campo de Fiori and within walking distance of the Vatican. A perfect place to relax at the end of a busy travel day.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marycorrigan
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in February. The location can not be beat, steps off Campo de Fiori but worlds away in terms of noise and crowds. The roof deck has a spectacular view of city, I highly recommend going up there. All the sisters were very helpful and it seemed like they all spoke English. The convent was recommended to us by a friend who frequents Rome and we read about it in Rick Steves. I should note that none of the rooms have a bed for two, at best its two singles pushed together. The centralized location without being part of the tourist crowd was by far the best part of Casa di Santa Brigida.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank 3WeeksAYear
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This was recommended to me by a cousin who lives in Rome. I was expecting a simple place, nothing special, but safe for a solo traveler. I was surprised in many ways. The common areas in this convent are really beautiful, even the areas around the elevators are simple but so well done. My room was large and comfortable with antique furniture and a great view of the piazza. ( which did allow for some noise at night) The roof deck is incredible. I have never stayed ANYWHERE that was so clean. Honestly, I think you could eat off of the floors. The roof deck is beautiful. The breakfast was just okay, but adequate.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Travelover1214
Reviewed 22 November 2011

You are safe here. It was a memorable experience staying at Santa Brigita in a good location. The garden top was beautiful and a must see, but I did have to make arrangments in advance to go there at dawn. Sister corrected my Italian, which I appreciated and made me smile - just like my Catholic School days.

I went to Mass in the beautiful chapel. Lovely place.

We were not in the convent most of the time, but you do feel a bit confined; (like you are in a convent)! I guess that's to be expected. It is exciting when you think that you are staying in a building from the 13 century where St. Bridget lived.

Plan ahead to book a room, see St. Bridget's room, go on the beautiful rooftop, go to Mass with the nuns if you are so inclined.

Room Tip: Plan in advance
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank groovin087
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The Casa di Santa Brigida is a tranquil, meticulously clean and relaxing place to stay in the historic heart of bustling Rome. I recently stayed there over 8 nights with two girlfriends and we were keen to stay at the Casa firstly, because it had been recommended to us and because we liked the idea of a tranquil environment which would allow us a small glimpse of the life of the Sisters of this Order. (I am not a Catholic and in fact, had never met a nun before so I was not sure what to expect, but I was delighted to be welcomed by the Sisters into their environment and during the course of our stay to have some nice exchanges with the Sisters who could speak English).

The fact that you are reading this review and you are interested in this type of accommodation would indicate to me that you are seeking an environment that is not offered in mainstream hotels, so I will not take up space to offer any comparison.

The location of the Casa is perfect, right on the Piazza Farnese, one minute away from the Campo di Fiori and within close walking distance of the key sights of Rome. In addition to the main bus routes, a number of small electric bus routes service the Centro Storico of Rome and there is a very convenient stop immediately outside the Casa.

The Casa is peaceful, calm, very secure and meticulously clean. The three of us each had a delightful single room with a bathroom. My lovely sun-drenched room overlooked the Piazza Farnese with its two lovely fountains and the Palazzo Farnese. It was a pleasure to throw open my double glazed windows and hear the lovely sound of the water flowing in the fountains.

Buffet breakfast is included in the accommodation price and if you wish you can also arrange to have lunch and dinner at the Casa. There is a television room on one of the floors, but we did not go there.

The delightful roof-top garden has a lovely 360 degree view across the rooftops of Rome and across the expanse of the beautiful Piazza Farnese. A lovely place to be at dusk and we spent many an evening there just talking and laughing quietly and relaxing.

I noted that some reviewers have expressed the opinion that they feel the Casa is a little expensive for a convent. I find this a strange comment as all places offering accommodation do have similar overheads. I firmly believe that there are some things in life that you cannot put a dollar figure on. One of these is the warm and genuine welcome of the Sisters at the Casa Santa di Santa Brigida!

When I next visit Rome I will be travelling alone and will be returing to the Casa. I cannot think of a more perfect place to stay for a single traveller who wants friendly, secure and caring accommodation. The delightful Sisters will welcome you warmly.

Room Tip: My friends' rooms were on the side of the Casa and they said that they were woken at times during the night by the sound of Vespas going down the narrow side street (as all windows are double-glazed to keep out noise, they may possibly have had their windows open). For a lovely sunny outlook ask for a room overlooking the Piazza Farnese. (The only down-side is that there may be some noise at night from the various gatherings that occur in the Piazza, as occurred on one night when I was there).
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends