“What a hotel”

Ranked #139 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Jerusalem, Israel
“What a hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I will start with the great hospitality of the staff. I booked this hotel at booking.com and immediately afterwards, I was contacted by the staff (Marianna) and she assisted me in booking a van for our transportation from the airport and confirmed my request for the two rooms that I requested next to each other since my 3 children were staying in the second room. Upon our arrival, the check - in process was fast and easy. The rooms were very clean, the bathrooms too. Beds were very comfortable. Internet was okay but could be stronger in the rooms. Rooms are quite. We had street facing rooms but could barely hear any sound because of the double glass windows. Breakfast was very good in the morning. The hotel is just minutes away from the Republica and termini metro stations. The hotel is also within walking distance from the Alter of the Fatherland, the Colesium, and other attractions. Good variety of restaurants very close by and a grocery store across the street.

One thing to note which I didn't know about is that the hotel is located in a restricted vehicle zone. Marianna at the desk kindly noted that when I told her that I am renting a car and she showed me on the map where to park and the streets that I need to avoid. This was very helpful.

We are traveling to Venice for two days and coming back to stay at Giuliana for the remainder of our stay in Rome. This was definitely a good choice and I would definitely stay here again during my next visit to Rome and highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I was a little concerned reading some of the negative reviews but thankfully I didn't see or experience any of what was mentioned in those reviews.

Thank you Hotel Giuliana for making our stay in Rome enjoyable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Michael K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel, very clean and comfy. The staff is very welcoming! Definitely the next time in Rome will be staying here.
If you want to go to Vatican City, there's a metro station very close (5 mins walking) and there are plenty of good choices for dinner. Also, there's an express supermarket around the corner and a pharmacy in front.

3 Thank Rodrigo R
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My 16 year old daughter and I stayed here at the beginning of July for 2 nights and wished we had booked longer.We had a great time. The hotel is really well located for seeing many of the sights of Rome,The room we stayed in was cosy and clean,the beds were very comfortable.We were in a room above a street market,but this did not disturb us at all. The breakfast was excellent,cereals,fresh pastries,cheese,fruit,coffee/tea,juice.Jean and her staff were all extremely friendly and helpful and when I come to Rome again, I will definitely be coming back here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Fenella49
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was fine for the cost. It's a little unknown among Roman, as we had to give the address to every cab driver we had. The rooms were typical of what you find in Italy (small by American standards). The bathroom was especially tight. We managed, but anyone who is overweight probably couldn't actually fit inside the shower. It's a little noisy outside, as an open air market is just outside the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful in assisting us with cabs and translating a couple documents from Italian to English. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch as we were able to start our day off early thanks to a quick breakfast. We would recommend as a good value for tourists like us who spend the overwhelming majority of their time out of their room. It's not a luxury hotel but is a fine value for what you pay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AllensTravels
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at this pretty hotel. It is small and cosy and has great location. They made as feel at home and helped as a lot. One can tell they care. If I go back to Rome I would dedinitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank 35Maru
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at hotel Giuliana for 5 nights in July. Very nice service and very clean. The staff were fantastic and very helpful. Good breakfast with fresh pastry, cheese,juice, coffee and more. I will go back again if I go to Rome.

Room Tip: We had a street facing room and it was fine - not noisy The European first floor is the american se...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank jpduval
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Giuliana. It is a lovely family run hotel and the entire staff were friendly and kind to us throughout our stay. Jean and her family truly made us feel at home and were always up for a conversation. The hotel is in a great location, close to the Termini station and within walking distance to many major sites. The hotel staff was very helpful in terms of navigating the city & restaurant recommendations as well. We would definitely stay there again in the future and would recommend it for others!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple