“Great stay”

St. Peter' Six Rooms & Suites
Ranked #261 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Everything about the hotel amd the stay was perfect - except for the weather, a bit rainy. This small hotel is wonderfully located. If we looked out of our window to the left, we could see the Vatican, and to the right Castel Sant'Angelo, both quite near. There are more central locations in Rome, but you can walk practically everywhere from here, and it is quieter. We only used the underground once, to go to San Giovanni Laterano, which is not quite central Rome.

The room itself was spacious and well appointed, more than convenient for the three of us (couple and teenager), and so was the bathroom. Breakfast was self-service in a small but cosy dining room, enough variety for us and good quality. As for the staff, Adriana at reception was fantastic, always kind and smiling, always helpful, and willing to give good advice for restaurants. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Carmela60_11

Reviewed 29 March 2013

St Peter Six in my opinion was a lovely place to stay while visiting Rome for a short city break with my husband. We could not fault the hotel for cleanliness and the staff were so helpful and pleasant. To walk out of the hotel with the sight of the Vatican immediately to your left was just amazing. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again if I was to return to Rome.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria W
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My family and I stayed at St Peter Six last year and I'm looking to say again on our next trip. It really is a great find. You can see the Basilica from your window (if you lean out!). It's also very easy to walk to all the other many attractions in Rome. Don't be put off that it doesn't look like a hotel from the outside ... it can be a little confusing. We were only in Rome for two nights following a week's stay near Spoleto, but four of us had a family room. It was comfortable, with a great bathroom and lovely, simple, but plentiful, breakfast and drinks available throughout the day and night. The staff was very helpful. I would certainly recommend to anyone who wants to be at the heart of Rome, but away from the hustle and bustle of areas around the Spanish Steps, etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Catamarinbet
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Just wanted to give this place my thumbs up as well. They only thing you need to keep in mind is that it's a guest house, not a hotel. I didn't try, but I doubt they are going to book reservations for you or send your dry cleaning out, but I didn't need or want that. Also, on your first arrival they have to let you into the building. After that you have your own key and can come and go as you please.

It's in a well-maintained older building, and the rooms reflect that (in a good way). The bathroom was clearly modernized, which is nice. The breakfast was simple but good (definitely European style).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank EdwardPa
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Nice hotel and rooms on the main avenue leading to St Peter square -so very convenient to visit the basilica and the museum (closed on Sundays).
You just have to be aware that it's not a full service hotel (no room service or staff at night) but we found it very well placed, in a quiet area but a few blocks away from nice restos (try Mama Cafe).

We just had a niggle with the plumbing that gurgled a lot, which meant not sleeping because of the noise or not sleeping because of the cold. The staff wasn't able to fix it or change us room.
That said, you don't need heating very often in Rome.

Everything else was nice, included the breakfast, etc.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Pick a superior room to get a bath tub.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LudovicWindsor
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Stayed at St. Peter' Six for one week over Thanksgiving to attend events at the Vatican. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay:

Location: the hotel is located on the street that leads directly up to St. Peter's Square, so it is very convenient. It is only a short 5 minute walk to the Vatican. There are little pizza and gelato shops down the street so you don't have to go far for food, and plenty more restaurants another 10 or 15 minutes away. There are a couple of ATMs downstairs, too. The street is pretty quiet at night (save the occasional police/ambulance siren), however, if you are a light sleeper, you may want to request a room that doesn't face the street.

Hotel: the hotel is on the 2nd floor (though they may call it the first floor since they may count a zero floor). There is a small elevator, so you don't have to haul your luggage up the stairs. The lobby is small, but as there are only 6 rooms, so they don't need a big lobby. There is a small breakfast area, but as previously mentioned, as there are only 6 rooms, so we never saw more than 2 other tables occupied. The breakfast is the standard fare - croissants and other breads and pastries, cheeses, ham, cereal, etc. I am considering getting my own Nespresso machine since I liked theirs quite well.

Room: We had a triple room which was spacious with high ceilings. The large double bed was comfortable and the single pull-out was just OK, as it is narrow. We had a chest of drawers and a cupboard for our things. The cupboard had a safe and a refrigerator inside, both of which were handy, especially if you are staying an entire week. They provided a couple of bottles of water and soft drinks for free in the fridge. We also had a flat screen tv and free wi-fi (always much appreciated in this day and age). The bathroom was also spacious (which seems to be rare in Europe) and actually very modern considering it's an old building. I really liked the rainfall showerhead. We were also fortunate they provided a hair dryer unit that had a built in voltage converter since the converter I brought turned out to be broken. And most importantly - everything was nice and clean.

Staff: the staff were great. Off hand - I can remember we encountered Vicenzo, Niezel and Paola, and they were all so friendly and helpful. They provided us with good suggestions for restaurants and shopping and arranged for our airport transfers. The drivers were on time and helpful with the luggage. We arrived late and left really early and the staff were very accommodating.

I would definitely stay here again or recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank kristineLA
Reviewed 2 December 2012

The only word that might describe the place is "Excellent". Everything is well done, the staff is great, courtesy, respect are always there. The breakfast is very good. I'll surely check-in again during my next trip in Rome.
Ps. St Peter square is just 5 minutes walk.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo