All reviewsnearby cafesuggestions for places to eatclean comfortable roomswalking distancecoffee and croissantlocation was perfectvisiting romespanish stepsitalian stylecleaned every dayminute walkthe main tourist attractionsside streetfresh towelssmall fridgevatican cityshuttle bus
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Our stay at Calamatta B&B was perfect. Valerio the owner is so helpful and give right away good information about the city, I would call it Calamatta B&B & ( Tourist guide) :)

The location is near all the major location of the city, the room is clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This place was AMAZING. The room was beautiful, located right across the street from the hall of Justice so the neighborhood was very safe, breakfast was a voucher at a cute little cafe around the corner, and we were within walking distance of most of the major attractions. Valerio, the owner, was very helpful and friendly, and left us wanting for nothing. My biggest complaint was that we only stayed 2 nights! We had a lovely time in Rome in this quaint and quiet little B&B.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This B&B was one of the best things in our travel to Rome. Valerio, the manager, is a very nice and welcoming person who gave us much attention to make sure we enjoy our stay. The room is very clean, quite and well organized with hot water in the bath thanks to the electric heater. The hostel is located within a short walking distance to the main attractants of Rome such as the Vatican, Piazza Navona and more. The breakfast is not in the same building but it is just around the corner (60 meters from the hostel) and with amazing coffee (!!!) and service.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Had a great experience staying at the B&B Calamatta. What I loved probably the most was its wonderful location. The Vatican, Piazza Navona and the Pantheon are within about a 5-10 minute walking radius of this place. It was great that we did not have to drive anywhere or find public transportation for the places we wanted to visit.

The guy in charge of helping us was fantastic, and provided very useful tips on the locations of local stores and restaurants. I love that he provides a map for guests, which can be marked up and torn off of a stack of them.

The room was awesome too-- just as I'd thought it would be from the pictures. There's even a (shared) refrigerator to store food and/or leftovers. In the room, there was also an umbrella for the anticipation of rainy days, which was nice. And the price was very reasonable!

I would only make a couple suggestions for improvement of this place.

First, we had a little difficulty finding it-- it's down a small street next door to the Rome Hall of Justice. We walked down the street a couple times and did not see it. Finally, we asked a bank security officer about its location. After asking a second person, we realized that it was only marked on a very tiny menu on a list of businesses on a building in the middle of the street. We had expected more signage.

As for the room itself, I had some trouble with the multitude of keys. My boyfriend (who was with me) had been expertly opening the doors and when I finally needed to do it myself, I had trouble opening them. Once I realized that you have to turn them as far as possible clockwise, I was able to do it every time forward. I would also suggest for the owner to provide an extra blanket, since the one we had was a little light.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a terrific stay in Rome and hope to visit this place again sometime soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We just came from Rome and spend our nights at B&B Calamatta. The B6B was nice, clean and comfortable. If you are only sleeping in the room, this is cheap and just perfect place to stay. If you want find something negative about this B&B, it's the shower. The waterpressure was lame and you have to do much work to wash your hair. So, if you are looking some spa experience, go somewhere else.

The owner, Valerio, was nice guy and helped us very much.

Breakfast was in cafeteria just few steps from the B&B. Only sundays you can have your breakfast in the B&B.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends