All reviewsnearby cafesuggestions for places to eatclean comfortable roomswalking distancecoffee and croissantlocation was perfectvisiting romespanish stepsitalian stylecleaned every dayminute walkthe main tourist attractionsside streetfresh towelssmall fridgevatican cityshuttle bus
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed here for three nights in April with my father on holiday and the B&B was excellent. The room was newly furnished with cooling air conditioning (definitely needed in the summer Roman heat!) and was very well located near to the river and a short walk from the center of Rome and the Vatican with a bus stop nearby if you didn't fancy walking. The en-suite bathroom was clean and tidy with a good quality power shower. I would highly recommend this accommodation.

The owner was friendly and extremely helpful and recommended nearby restaurants and sights. He even checked opening times and showed the best modes of transport to get to places around Rome.

The breakfast is in a nearby cafe and is Italian-style pastry and coffee. With such big portions at all restaurants for lunches and dinner I certainly didn't want a big breakfast so this worked well for me!

Room Tip: the room I was in was on the inside near the courtyard which was nice. No noise from the other rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2013

quello che un weekend fantastico che abbiamo avuto in Italia. What a great 4 days we have just spent in Rome and what helped make it a great time was our accommodation which was clean and as central as you could have hoped for. There is a well stocked kitchen area for a quick cup of coffee or a bowl of cereal all part of the service. Breakfast was also served each morning from the small deli located right around the corner. We found all the places of interest you would wish to visit close by with the coliseum within 25 mins walk. And you couldn't go wrong as you had all the information you could wish to have from the helpful Valerio. He provided directions on a well marked out map and even recommended places to eat depending on your tastes and budget. Thanks also to our friends who helped make our 4 days stay enjoyable

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We just spent several days in Rome and had a wonderful time.
Valereo was so helpful to ensure we had everything we needed. He emailed me before we arrived to be sure I knew how to get to the B&B. One night when I returned to the B&B very tired he greeted us warmly and quickly went to get a bottle of water for me. He made sure we knew the shuttle bus schedule to get to the airport for our return flight.
The room was very clean and comfortable. Most importantly, the location is fabulous! Very easy to get to everything.
I would definitely return here and recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This was the first time we have stayed in a B&B in another country, and we couldn't have found a better place to stay. Valerio put us at ease by e-mailing a few days ahead and offering to arrange tickets to sites and a driver from the airport. The location was perfect - we walked to everything, but bus and taxi service was a couple of blocks away if you don't ike to walk. Our room was clean and on a courtyard so it was nice and quiet. Valerio was the perfect host, helping us with maps, suggestions for places to eat, directions, etc.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We have just returned home after 4 days in Rome and staying at the B&B Calamatta and I can highly recommend this property. Valerio was a truly excellent host. He was very welcoming and helped use though out our stay with helpful tips for restaurants, transport and finding our way around the many sights in Rome. The property is clean and provides enough space for a short break. The location is perfect and central to just about everything you want to see in Rome. We did have a minor problem with the hot water tank in our bathroom which had an occasional leak and the Internet access wasn't always great. Breakfast is in a small deli around the corner very basic but great cappuccino and pastries and staff very friendly. All in all this was a little gem in the heart of Rome Valerio was a perfect host and we would recommend is B&B to anyone! Thanks Valerio for such kind friendly hospitality.