All reviews nearby cafe supreme court walking distance clean comfortable rooms coffee and croissant common room spanish steps visiting rome central location small fridge the main tourist attractions minute walk fresh towels a wonderful stay quiet at night fantastic location gelato
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I can say that the Calamatta is an excellent choice of B&B in Rome. Perfect location, excellent service, clean room, and rooms decorated with much care. The administrator Valerio, does everything to help guests to enjoy of the best of Rome.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Great value for the money! Excellent location between Vatikan and Centro Historico, clean and quiet place, one can really have a good rest after Rom sightseeing marathons. But the real value is the superb hospitality by B&B manager Valerio. He makes everything for the guests, from advising great dining options to booking excursions. The only minus was unstable WiFi connection, but this is more than outweighed by Valerio's hospitality. If we return to Rom, no doubt we go again to Calamatta.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed here for three nights in April with my father on holiday and the B&B was excellent. The room was newly furnished with cooling air conditioning (definitely needed in the summer Roman heat!) and was very well located near to the river and a short walk from the center of Rome and the Vatican with a bus stop nearby if you didn't fancy walking. The en-suite bathroom was clean and tidy with a good quality power shower. I would highly recommend this accommodation.

The owner was friendly and extremely helpful and recommended nearby restaurants and sights. He even checked opening times and showed the best modes of transport to get to places around Rome.

The breakfast is in a nearby cafe and is Italian-style pastry and coffee. With such big portions at all restaurants for lunches and dinner I certainly didn't want a big breakfast so this worked well for me!

Room tip: the room I was in was on the inside near the courtyard which was nice. No noise from the other rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2013

quello che un weekend fantastico che abbiamo avuto in Italia. What a great 4 days we have just spent in Rome and what helped make it a great time was our accommodation which was clean and as central as you could have hoped for. There is a well stocked kitchen area for a quick cup of coffee or a bowl of cereal all part of the service. Breakfast was also served each morning from the small deli located right around the corner. We found all the places of interest you would wish to visit close by with the coliseum within 25 mins walk. And you couldn't go wrong as you had all the information you could wish to have from the helpful Valerio. He provided directions on a well marked out map and even recommended places to eat depending on your tastes and budget. Thanks also to our friends who helped make our 4 days stay enjoyable

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We just spent several days in Rome and had a wonderful time.
Valereo was so helpful to ensure we had everything we needed. He emailed me before we arrived to be sure I knew how to get to the B&B. One night when I returned to the B&B very tired he greeted us warmly and quickly went to get a bottle of water for me. He made sure we knew the shuttle bus schedule to get to the airport for our return flight.
The room was very clean and comfortable. Most importantly, the location is fabulous! Very easy to get to everything.
I would definitely return here and recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family