Wife and I stayed at Valerios B&B Calamatta and it was fantastic. So many things to complement the B&B on but here is a quick list.
1. Valerio lives on the property so at any time he is there for questions, guidance, suggestions, etc.
2. Very safe location being in the shadow of the Palace of Justice, and a police station around the corner. My wife and I stayed out till 2am every night and always felt safe and secure (We are in our late 40's)
3. Bring your smartphone, Valerio will make a custom map of places to see, shop and eat based on what your interest are. You can then follow this map to where he suggested for you to go. If you have a question or get lost just email him and you will get a reply almost immediately!
4. Other B&B's do have additional charges to the room stay but you don't find out about them till later. At Calamatta there was no additional charge for using the A/C at nighttime, absolutely no surprise charges to the stay.
5. Calamatta is located near numerous entertainment and tourist attractions but it is in a quiet area so sleeping in peace is possible. No traffic or noise from clubs nearby to keep you up at night.
6. We took the SIT bus from the Leonardo airport, there is a bus stop less than a mile from the Calamatta. Very economical and almost a direct ride to the B&B, highly recommend.
Our stay in Rome was perfect and making the Calamatta our home away from home was comforting and rewarding. We would without hesitation hope to stay as Valerios guest once again. I would not be surprised to see in the future that reservations will get more difficult to obtain as the word gets out about Valerio and the B&B Calamatta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Prati district between Trastevere, Vatican City and Castel Sant'Angelo, among the typical features of Rome, with craft shops, the quaint shops, bars and cafes.Located in a very quiet street, in the center of Rome, within walking distance of St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican and of the most elegant and famous shopping streets(via Candotti, via Frattina, via Veneto, Via Cola di Rienzo) reached on foot in 5 min.Fontana di Trevi, p-ing of Spain (10 min.)P-za Navona, Campo dei Fiori (10/15 min.)Colosseum, Roman Forum, Pantheon (20 min.)P-za Venice (15 min)Trastevere (15 min)located on the first floor of an elegant early twentieth century, boasts sleek and comfortable and the perfect accommodation for those wishing to live and visit Rome.It is ideal for anyone who wants to stay in the Eternal City ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your B&B Calamatta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.