“Private introduction to wine, wine making, food pairing "”
Review of Rimessa Roscioli

Rimessa Roscioli
Ranked #2 of 568 Nightlife in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: In our new tasting room, our group dinner consists of 8 Italian wines, hand-picked by Roscioli's top sommelier, accompanied by generous food pairings from our world-famous Roscioli kitchen. All wines and foods are sourced from extraordinary small local producers, representing several regions of Italy. We offer group tastings, and private ones, which are custom-tailored to fit your interests. We also have a tasting bar if you prefer not to be with the group, where you can customize a tasting from 25 euros.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Private introduction to wine, wine making, food pairing "”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

There is a lot to learn about Italian wines which Alessandro tried to cover in one sitting. After reading many reviews, it sounds like each group gets a slightly different experience which is nice because he tries to tailor the tasting to the group's interests. We learned about subtle differences from the same varietal from one region while learning which cheeses he recommends pairing. The setting was intimate with 16 people which, if you can believe, was a great number and everyone received personal attention. The tasting included several meats, burrata, mozzarella, goat cheese, bread, pasta dish and dessert. We tasted 10 wines and I did not feel hungry after. This is well worth the time and money if you come to learn. This is not the setting to show off about your wine knowledge. We loved the food so much we are coming back the next night. Alessandro is a wealth of knowledge about food and wine... This is a unique opportunity to pick his brain.

Westminster, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What a great experience, a good wine tasting paired with great food. The wine tasting dinner is held in a private room behind the main restaurant. It is nice because only about 15 people participate at a time so you get to discuss the wines and have great service. Alessandro knows much about the wines he is serving and the foods he has paired it with. On the night we went, we had great wines and cheeses and had the chance to dine with people from the United Kingdom, France, Brazil, Denmark, and the United States. This is not an experience you get often. Well worth the money!

Visited April 2014
Hawaii
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Wine Tasting "Must Do" in Rome”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have dined at Roscioli for years. I have always known that they have an incredible selection of wines. When I heard that they were now offering the wine tasting with their sommelier it was at the top of my "to do" list and it did not disappoint. The price was great, I would even venture to say it was one of the best deals in Rome. This is a "must do" if you love Italian wines from all the various regions within Italy and you want to taste in one sitting. I have done several wine tours in the different regions within Italy and I enjoyed having them together to compare. We had a very seasoned group of wine enthusiast and having learned of this Alessandro changed his mind at the last minute and added several more wines. The food portions were plenty and the wine pours were generous. It was a memorable night that lasted for 3 1/2 hours and we had a great group of people. We ordered a case of mixed wines from the different regions from smaller wineries that we will not be able to get home. The cost of the wines were reasonable and another 50 euro to ship to the US. I would definitely do this again and I learned a lot during our tasting.

Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The best wine and food tasting.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a little belated but I have to say that this was the best wine and food tasting hands down.(And I have been to a few around the world!) It was my boyfriend's birthday and it was raining outside but as soon as you stepped in to the room, the atmosphere was so warm and inviting. The wine and foods complimented each other and Alessandro was so knowledgeable and funny. Ate the best pasta of my life here and now look for certain types of wine we tried that night in the supermarket as they were delicious!

Visited May 2013
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

As other reviewiers have said - Alessandro was very informative, wonderful wine and fantastic tasting samples of food.

We really enjoyed this experience during our time in Rome and would highly recommend it.

Roscioli has the most amazing range of cheese, cold cuts and wine - fresh mozzerella - made that morning - heaven!

If you are interested in food and wine - then this place has to be on your list!

Visited February 2014