“Delivered on their promises”

Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel
Ranked #66 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 21 August 2014

It has all the amenities.
Clean.
Safe.
Beds are comfortable.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Delicious breakfast spread.
Close to to the Metro and Vatican City.
We found it to be very affordable, even in Summer.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank angelatrew
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your stay at our Hotel Aurelius and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We believe that recreate the same atmosphere of your home, in hotel, would give a greater sense of satisfaction. And that is why we like to put our heart and our soul into our work.

Thanks so much

There are newer reviews for Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We spent 6 days in this hotel and the overall experience was really positive. Hotel staff was always kind and extremely friendly. Whenever we had a question/doubt/problem, they helped us in a very resolutive way.

We got a completely renovated room which turned to have a double shower bathroom. Sleep quality was A-one, since our room was located in a sort of backyard area which was separated from the otherwise busy Aurelia Street.

The hotel is far from the city center, but it has still good metro and bus connections. For instance, Hotel Aurelius is only four metro stations away from the Vatican area (ca. 10 min.). There is also a bus station (COTRAL) to get to the airport in only a two minutes walk from the hotel.

For all these reasons we strongly recommend this hotel for an authentic Roman Holiday!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HellTharn
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Guest,

first of all thank you for you stayed so long in our Hotel Aurelius. Thank you also for wanting to share on Tripadvisor your experience in our hotel.

How could you see our daily goal is to provide our guests with the utmost satisfaction. And we try to achieve the purpose considering the hotel as our home where we know we have friends from all over the world ...

Back to Rome soon and thank you very much

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This is an awesome hotel! The rooms are big, modern and comfortable! The hotel is good located, in a good neighborhood, next to metro station, few station away from city center! The staff is really kind and helpful!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I thank you for sharing your feelings on Tripadvisor regarding your stay in our Hotel Aurelius.

Our daily commitment is to always offer the best of ourselves to ensure a pleasant stay in our hotel.

I hope to give welcome you again to our city.

Thanks so much

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Planned a trip to Rome with my son for a summer vacation and booked this hotel on the recommendation of trip advisor.

When we arrived we were greeted by Dragos who went out of his way to give us a warm welcome.

The room was very clean and had everything you could need.

The tube is easy to get to as the staff do all they can to make sure you are well prepared for any trips you are looking to make.

Parking was 10 euros and right outside.

Breakfast was much better than I had anticipated with hot food, bacon, eggs, sausage and a great selection for everyone of cold meats.

The service from Ihab was absolutely first class. He always remembered your name and room number and did all he could to help.

Location is great for everywhere I. Rome and just 10mins door to door for the Vatican. Staff even helped book my tickets and printed them off for me.

Nothing was to much trouble and myself and my son were made to feel like family.

Gianfranco was like the father figure at reception, always looking out for you and great with tips on the city and Italy.

I can honestly say this is one of the very best experiences I have had at a hotel and I stay in london in 5 star hotels with work regularly.

I can't wait to book again to see my friends. Rome was a pleasure to visit die to the hotel I stayed in.

Thank you for everything.

Stayed: August 2014
8  Thank chas789music
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hey, how happy we are !!

We read the words left on Tripadvisor regarding your stay in our Hotel Aurelius, and we felt very happy and willing to continue to work in this way.

In fact, this is precisely the way we intend our job to create the conditions so that we can feel, all together, the best atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at the Aurelius for 4 nights before starting a cruise. The hotel was recommended to us by friends who had stayed there before, and we were absolutely thrilled with the recommendation! Everyone bent over backwards to make sure our stay was perfect. The terrace room was gorgeous and the staff was so accommodating, helping us with directions around the city, and restaurant recommendations. The location was fantastic--just a short walk to the metro, and lots of wonderful local restaurants.
I would be quick to recommend the Aurelius to anyone travelling to Rome, and in fact have already passed on a glowing recommendation to another couple we met on our way home.

Room Tip: If you can get a terrace room, grab it--you won't regret it for a minute!
3  Thank Cathy V

Dear Guest,

I thank you for talking of us on Tripadvisor in relation to your stay in Rome.

It's nice to know that, by word of mouth, our Hotel Aurelius always receives lots of new friends. This in fact is what gratifies us more: to know that each of you will go home with great memories of the days spent together.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I took my wife to the Aurelius for 3 nights as part of a surprise trip to Rome for my wife's 30th birthday and it was ideal. The room was fantastic (I think we were upgraded as had a balcony) and the staff very kindly provided prosecco so that we could celebrate on arrival. The staff were excellent - ideally located for the Metro, Renata and Gian advised us on where to go and how to get there so that we could really make the most of our time. The hotel was brilliant, the staff top notch and Rome itself. Stunning.

I'd definitely go back and recommend to others.

3  Thank Gareth T
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Gareth,

I thank you both for the kind words left on Tripadvisor and for choosing the Hotel Aurelius during the your trip to Rome.

I always say that our small hotel is like a home where we welcome friends from all over the world. Knowing therefore the purpose of your trip we willingly offered a room upgrade.

I hope you can soon have the opportunity to return to Rome to celebrate other events.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have spent there 4 nights last week which was overall really good.

First, for those who travel with metro, after the exit gates, take the left moving stares, otherwise you could end up quite far on an area that is not familiar from google maps.

The hotel staff was extremely helpful and kind.

The location is also quite good, near to the metro, so everything seems to be pretty close.

The breakfast is also exceptional.

In the neighborhood, there are restaurants and also a supermarket.

The beds were ok, tho I think instead of 1 big bed I think it was just 2 put together, but that was not a big issue.

The wifi was very slow, probably that's the biggest issue for those it counts.

Anyway, I would go there again if I would go to Rome.

2  Thank dgabor82

Dear Guest,

thanks for the feedback left on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Hotel Aurelius.

As we always put the necessary attention to what is written in the reviews we know what can be improved.

As for the bedrooms we have both rooms with large beds and with 2 single beds. So please when you'll come back to let us present this your request.

As for the wifi, which is offered by our hotel, we apologize if sometimes the signal that comes from the operator is not fast enough.