“Don't miss this gem”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian, Brew Pub
Dining options: Private Dining, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Reviewed 27 June 2013

So many restaurants in Rome are overpriced churned out pre packaged rubbish.
The pizza Roma is a little restaurant, with very economical prices, excellent food freshly made for you, nothing is too much trouble, children welcome , and the prices of drinks is reasonable too.
They don't have outside seating, but the inside is airy, and they have air con., but the welcome is warm. We have been in Rome for a week, and been to many overpriced places, and couldn't eat the food the produced, but this restaurant stands out, it's near the Trevino fountain, but doesn't overcharge you can choose two courses and a drink for 14 euros. We will be going back.
Well worth a visit.

2  Thank k l

Reviewed 14 June 2013

This little place has the best service i have ever encountered! The staff is always smiling and welcoming, and even remembered us from the year before! We tried several other restaurants during our stay, but none of them could even begin to compare! Prices are relatively low, and the food is fantastic! We even got a little extra (an extra plate of pizza one day, Tiramisu another), an always a smile and a laugh.

2  Thank Lise N
Reviewed 4 June 2013

What's up with all of these glowing reviews? Did we eat at the same place? I love pizza and pizza in Italy is the best in the world. However, I wish I would've walked just a bit further down the road before I decided to stop into this place. It's location near the Trevi Fountain screams "tourist rip-off" but we were hot, tired and hungry and popped inside.

Pizza Roma has the pizza by the slice system. You go up to the case and pick out which pizzas you want and how much you want. The lady behind the counter cuts off a portion and then heats it up in the oven. We settled on a white sauce / zucchini pizza and some weird combination of salami, tomato and corn (!?!). The pizza was really bad. It wasn't inedible, but wasn't good at all.

The worst part about the place is that is was filthy. The table was sticky, the chairs, floor and walls were caked with dirt and dust. And don't get me started on the bathroom -- it was BEYOND disgusting. And we were there before 11 am, at the start of the day! At least the employees were friendly and the service was good. There are some tables inside and a set 'tourist menu.' That should've been the tipoff to get the heck out of there, but we wanted pizza and a seat.

Avoid this place. It's not good.

2  Thank moviegal226
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is our first stop in Rome when we visit the city for the past 6 years. My wife and I think it's the best pizza in Italy. The ladys who work there on SUPER NICE.It's very close to the trevi fountain and provides a nice break. All at a great price.

6  Thank redmanfloridapvb
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Just gotta say this pizza blew me away.....took me 53 years to get here & find the best Pizza ive ever eaten.
Awesome toppings.... argula, cherry tomatoes, riccotta salata, Smoked cheese and smoked ham, potato & sausage, prosiutto the list goes on & on and they are all one better than the next. Lightest crust I've ever had. Riceballs very good also
Someone just has to tell them to serve the food hotter !!!!. Good house wine, fairly priced.
If I ever make it back to Rome..... this is on my list.

3  Thank stini