“Rude staff, dirty beds, poor breakfast.”
Review of Hotel Capitol Roma

Hotel Capitol Roma
Ranked #618 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here with a group of 22 students last week, while the rooms were a decent size the facilities were poor. I had to ask for my bedding to be changed when I arrived, the sheets were stained. The bathrooms are all in need of renovation with a number of the shower fittings broken.

The staff on reception were rude

The Breakfast was very limited (no fruit, cheese meat) the Juice was pure concentrate and the coffee from the machine was undrinkable.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank michelleyates65
There are newer reviews for Hotel Capitol Roma

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Maids smoking whilst cleaning the rooms. There was a dog allowed in the hotel which was horrible. Wallpaper was hanging off the walls and had sections missing. Plugs didnt work and the water smells like drains. Never go!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorna R
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Room was neat and tidy, but noisy at night from the Hotel Washington next door, so windows shut if it stops you sleeping. Basic sweet breakfast service. Suitable place for mates to stay and very handy for all public transport services.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank John W
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel for four nights.. The staff is very friendly and helpful however the rooms are very small.. In summers it gets really hot and the air conditioners are not affective at all.. The hotel staff offered us another room but only on the last night.. we decided not to waste time in shifting.the breakfast is a big disappointment the bread is sooo hard..however the only plus is its close to the train station however that's a big negative too as its really far from where all the action is. Next time we would want to stay somewhere closer to navona.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DivyaPassi
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I'd been walking round for about 90 minutes with my bags, looking for accommodation in Rome near the central Termini station, and after getting "no room available" replies to my queries at least 15 different pensiones and hotels, was starting to panic. Was thrilled when this hotel was able to put me up for my required four nights - the first in a vacant triple room, and then for the remainder in my required single. The guy on the desk spoke good English and was very helpful in arranging for me to fit in. The price was actually better than most of the places I'd been knocked back at, and the hotel foyer looked at least as good as anywhere else I'd been. What a relief!

The rooms are a bit tired-looking, but were impeccably clean, quiet and comfortable, and serviced each day. There's an elevator to service the six floors. Both the rooms I stayed in had their own toilet, wash basin and shower. Windows were double glazed, so there was no problems with street noise, and had quiet air conditioning as well, so it never got too stuffy. The single room, especially, was pretty small, but entirely adequate for a single traveller, and had its own TV.

You can access free wi-fi at the sitting room near the lobby, and a typical Roman breakfast is supplied in the little dining room downstairs - slightly stale croissants, with bread, jam and little pastry things, with coffee and juice machines.

It's literally a two minute walk to the train station, and there's a good selection of restaurants all around the area. Great place. Wouldn't hesitate for a moment to go back there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Okay, so it aint the Ritz, but as in life you get what you pay for. We spent four nights at the Capitol in early May. The room was clean and the sheets were changed daily. The hotel itself is a bit careworn and as for the breakfast__ forget it !!! __. But it is very central (one minute to both the main train terminal and the Metro. We went to Rome to sightsee and only got back to the hotel late. On the whole....not as bad as some make out

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located: close the the central station and very well connected to all the city´s main attractions. The room is simple, yet it has all that is needed. I enjoyed the Italian breakfast, too: cornettos (Italian croissants) were good and the bread was very fresh, too. I read people complaining about the bread: well, Italian bread is not as fluffy as the one you get in the US! If you get fluffy bread, then you can be sure it actually is old bread (I am of Italian origin, you can trust me on this). The staff was also nice: I was suggested some good restaurants and things to do every night. I would definitely suggest the hotel to those who want a cheap hotel, close to transports.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Giovanna F
Stefano M, Proprietario at Hotel Capitol Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Customer,
thanks for choosing our hotel. We are very happy you had a pleasant stay. We believe our hotel can offer a good quality-price ratio and good position in town. Should you come to Rome again, we would be please if you stayed at our hotel again.
scusa, we would be pleased
Best Regards,