“So European (for better or for worse)”
Review of Hotel Galles

Hotel Galles
Ranked #693 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I'm not picky about my hotels, but lately I've been trying to me more straightforward about the good and the bad. This hotel is conveniently located in walking distance of the train station. The staff was pleasant. The whole place has a very European feel - narrow halls, small rooms, creaky stairs. Some of the things about the room were a let-down - my TV and phone didn't work (I didn't complain because I was there for such a short time anyway), and the mattress had a bit of a hard card-board feel. On the other hand, everything was clean, the room was warm (when cold outside), the internet connection was dependable, and the bathroom was nice and functional (except the bathtub, like in so many European hotels, required a large step to get into - somewhat of an inconvenience for anyone with difficulty). Breakfast was fine, though not extravagant. The danish were delicious, the meat very low end and the coffee so-so.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank E_Donald_Stein

Reviewed 20 November 2013

On our arrival in Rome we were transferred from another hotel to the Galles. The reception staff were helpful and friendly, the room we were given was dark, unloved and smelt musty, it had no tea/coffee facilities, or compendium to help with info for first time travellers like us to Rome. Breakfast was held in the basement, we found it did the job but was disappointing for international travellers, breakfast staff ignored us. Lift needed to be seen to be believed was like a miniature cattle crate. Overall our stay at the Galles was not a great introduction to Rome.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The staff at the Galles Hotel are amazing, very helpful. just down the street from Termini station and all the tour companies. lots of good restaurants all around the block of the hotel. the hotel room was very clean, no bugs! our room was a two story suite, and the large windows opened to a charming court yard. the hotel offered a wonderful hot/cold breakfast included in your price, lots of different choices of cereal, pastries, and cold meats served with scrambled eggs and ham. they made you a boxed breakfast if you were leaving early for an excursion.. and let you into the dining room 15 minutes early to grab a coffee and something hot before you leave. very thoughtful. best tour company GLT (Green Line Tours) see my other post for these.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised after some of the previous posts. Ok it's not the Ritz, but our room was clean and roomy. Breakfast is disappointing if you're a Brit, but there was cereal and pastries alongside the traditional cold meats and cheese. The coffee was a tad strange and I would recommend you ask the waitress for a latte or cappuccino. There is no bar and no tea / coffee making facities in the room. The best thing about the hotel is its proximity to Termini station and the metro. It took us only 10 minutes to walk from the station.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Only 5min. walk to Termini & Terravision bus connection to airport. Ideal 3-4 day Rome visit. Visit Rome every year & stayed in a few hotels most are very basic. This was our third stay at the Galles, Rooms & bathrooms are kept very clean & comfortable, the breakfast room is cleaned constantly & the quality of the breakfast is good. We shall be using it again next time we visit Rome. Stayed 6th Oct- 9th Oct.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank welshnames
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I'm not sure what the other people saw when they stayed here but this had to be the most dirtest hotel I've ever seen. This was part of the Italian Flavours that we booked and I think they give the worst rooms to people who book tours. I would have felt cleaner sleeping in the bathroom. I could not believe what I saw in the room we got the first part of our stay. I really believe that it was mould on the walls. The walls are padded and I'm sure that it has not been changed since the hotel was built. The breakfast area was even more discusting. I watched the staff there, who by the way are not friendly. They looked like they didn't want to be there. As I watched how they cleaned after people finished their breakfast all the did was lift the placemat and shook it off and gave it a wipe and put it back. The table linen underneath did not get changed at all. Where they serve the food, the one table linen was there the 3 days we were stayed there and was just filthy dirty. It was so discusting. We took a walk through the hotel and found it was not any better. I did take pictures of some of this dirt and will post. The view from our room was even more distasteful. I felt like we were in a rooming house. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL if you are planning a trip to the beautiful city of Rome. Don't let the pictures they post fool you. We have sent this info to our rep at Air Transat and advised them in the future do not let your clients stay at this place. They will surely be disapointed.

Room Tip: I don't think any room in this place is good.