Hotel Madison
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvia marsalaclean sheetsplace to sleephard boiled eggsdouble bedpastriesbreakfast roomcentral locationbreakfast was excellentnice roomcold meatscheesebuses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The hotel was amazingly convenient for a group. Lovely to just cross the street to Termini. Don't expect luxury around the train station. It's clean and the breakfast was quite decent for the price. There was much confusion about the wifi for our group. First of all, of course, no hotel should still be charging for wifi, so it's obviously a money-maker and seemingly one on the side for some of the staff. Just don't use it; it's VERY expensive. One of our group was charged $25. Go next door, buy a coffee, and get it free.

1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This is a very good hotel, although it is quite busy: in the center of Rome. The service was good, the breakfast room was good. There are a few problems, however. The reception area is not very big, although I traveled with 45+ other people, with suitcases: It is a bit of a congested space. The lifts, there aren't enough of, and they aren't very big, it was hard to get 4 teenagers in, with suitcases. Also, the lift is a bit shaky, it makes me not at all comfortable (but, it's the same with all lifts, but this was worse). It is very much a maze then trying to get to you're room, but it is easier to remember the route to get there, and if you get lost, follow the signs to the exit. The room quality was very good. Although, some of the rooms had a good view, and some didn't. My room, for example showed what I would explain as a back alley, where all the trash cans, etc. go, from the back of the building.

Overall, a good hotel, not the best though.

Room Tip: Find one near to the hunderd, eg. 501, 602, etc. not one that is far away like 643 (which is the one I stayed in). Also, there are only rooms on floor 6, 5 and some on 4.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have stayed here before and its a good choice for Rome in my opinion. I must just say I read the review below by 'Tati F' and it is very unfair - maybe as a regular traveller to Rome I am more in the know but the government city tax IS a compulsory tax to all tourists who stay in a hotel in Rome. Its a legal requirement as far as I know so I am not surprised the staff were upset it wasnt paid. And yes its not the quietest hotel in the world, but it in in the centre of Rome, so I think its harsh to expect it to be quiet like a country retreat.

The hotel is in a good central location, and the staff were friendly both times I've stayed here. I had a good chat with Ben on reception who reccommded a great pizzeria around the corner from the hotel, where the pizza's were delicious. The room was adequte. Its a good value for money option. I would reccommend it and would stay again.

1  Thank dansa3151
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, when I checked out they wanted to charge governament taxes that are not obligated for turists, the italian man, an old man that was in the reception started talkinh very agressive and said that he would call the police, and opened the door and said GO, LEAVE THIS PLACE, and very bad words. the hotel is poor, the people are agressive, dont go if you are alone, its dangerous, and the room doors dont close, its the worst hotel Ive stayed in.
Italian people are very agressive and stupid, so please stay in a safe place, because we are visitors and must be carefull, they are not kind at all. PLEASE AVOID, DONT PASS TO WHAT I PASSED IN THIS HOTEL, I FEEL IN THE OBLIGATION TO TELL PEOPLE. ROOMS ARE NOT QUITE AT ALL, IT IS IN FRONT OF A TRAIN STATION, PEOPLE ARE RUDE

Room Tip: rooms dont have a/c and smell badly
1  Thank Tati F
Reviewed 9 May 2013

sure, I get a special rate nonetheless the Hotel was very good located, opposite Termini Station, the bedroom and the bathroom where absolutely clean. The service was friendly and helpful. The bell boy service helpful due to my several luggage y had to carry to the train.
the breakfast very good and rich.

the only big minus was that they could not offer Wi Fi either a free one at the first floor or against payment.

for a short stay this hotel is recommendable

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo