Hotel Madison
US$194
US$1,094
US$598
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvia marsalaclean sheetsplace to sleephard boiled eggsdouble bedpastriesbreakfast roomcentral locationbreakfast was excellentnice roomcold meatscheesebuses
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A horrific experience, an experience that would have left me hating the beautiful city, only if it wasn't for her nice people, monuments & scenery.
The experience started when I found out the the room does not have a mini bar, although my registration clearly mention it, when i talked to the lady at the reception she said, its the problem of the booking site, they have stopped using mini bars sometime ago!!!
Then I discovered that the air condition is not working, when i asked for someone to fix it, they kept promising that they will do it tomorrow, but this tomorrow never came.
I need not to mention the bad smell that is present all over the hotel, one of my neighbors complained, the same lady a the reception literally shouted at him and said "I don't know the bad smell is from the room or outside air !!!"
Last but not least, the wifi quality is horrible, i couldn't send one single mail during my stay.
The location is very bad overlooking the train station, always crowded and noisy.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the hotel if you want a happy experience of Italy & Rome!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank hrashmawi
Reviewed 8 August 2014

It was my first time in Rome. Hotel is directly by the train/metro-station. Right next to the hotel, there are several cheap places to eat.

Check-in was fast. I got a room on the 5th floor. Difficult to find the room, the hallways was almost like a maze. This was a continuing issue every time I had to get to my room. The carpet in the hallways was much worn, did not look good.
Hotel had keycards for the room, which is positive.

Room and bathroom was clean. Big screen/TV in the room, but never turned it on.
The walls of the room were covered in some soft cloth-covered wallpaper. I have never been in a hotel that had this; maybe this is special for Italy? The color was dark, made the room look depressing. A question that came to my mind: How often are the walls cleaned?!?

Don’t like that the hotel still use bed covers. (A lot of people will throw this on the floor when they go to bed. IF it’s not washed between each guest, it means that the cleaning people will put a “dirty” bed cover on the clean bed linen.

The GM of the hotel needs to do a better work in inspecting the room: lamp shade on the light at the bed was broken, the soft “wallpaper” seemed to have water damage by the door, and other small issues.

WIFI-connection was terrible. It worked now and again, but the signal was so bad that websites did not load completely. Tried to upload a picture (0,5 MB) on my FB-profile, tried several times, but only get an error response back.

Bathroom was spacious and clean.
Breakfast was included in the price, but I went out very early for sightseeing, so I did not try it.

Would I stay in this hotel again?: If there were no other hotel with lower price, if I only had to stay 1 night, if internet was not needed/important; Yes.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank John S
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is ideally located next to the main station. It is clean and staffed with friendly and helpful staff. The bedroom was comfortable although its views were of other rooms of the internal court yard, it did not matter as the room was quiet. The room had all you expect from a high spec hotel.
Breakfast was good but you had to ensure you got down early for a greater selection. We would return again to this hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graham D
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. I had asked for a quiet room as I am a very light sleeper. We got to our room after following a maze of hallways! There was a smell of damp when we opened the door of our room but this wasn't noticeable after the first time. I was disappointed to discover that the room faced out to a very scruffy courtyard and the noise from various machines meant that we had to keep the window closed at night even though there was a heatwave. There was no WiFi in the room despite signs in corridors stating that there is! Other guests said they did not have WiFi either. There is no bar or foyer to sit in so you either stayed outside or went to your room. We thought the breakfast was really good, plenty of choice.I would not feel safe outside at night if I was travelling alone, although if you wanted to use public transport the hotel is ideally located. Staff were helpful when our safe was acting up but I don't think we would stay there again, we missed having a restaurant or bar in the hotel at night especially as our room was very hot and had only a dirty yard to look out at. We were kept awake by a group of young people who had their windows open and were playing loud music for hours on our second night, it was so bad that we had to inform the staff the next morning as we got very little sleep and had to be up really early to go on a tour.

Room Tip: We were advised that the 6th floor would be quieter but the noise from A/C units etc was very loud facing the yard. Perhaps 6 the floor facing the street?
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seahag123
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent location. The hotel is across the street from Termini Station. The metro, trains and buses all leave from there. Their are lots of restaurants. The hotel staff were really friends. The rooms were very nice. Breakfast is included. Hotel Madison had the best breakfast out of all the hotels we stayed in on our whole trip.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room. They are the quietest.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple