“Modern hotel”

Ergife Palace Hotel
Ranked #482 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 2 nights. This hotel is located about 15 minutes from the city of Rome. The room was modern and large. The bathtub had quite a large step to go in and out and there's no bar to grip to help with stability so if you're not able to step up for about a foot you should request a different type of room. The room was pretty soundproof. I wasn't disturbed by any noise from outside. It was around 75 degrees and they don't turn on the air conditioner until June. My one complaint is that we asked the man at the reception desk for a gelato shop and he told us to go to a restaurant that doesn't serve gelato.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank coventry4

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here due to working near by so it was great for us. We stayed on the 7th floor. Lovely clean large room, with balcony, fridge etc. staff were very helpful and recommending great places to eat. Location is out of the centre of Rome. It's about 12 euros in a taxi and I'm sure there are cheaper ways but taxi was good for us. Our bathroom didn't have a door... Which was a little strange lol but I guess Italians are free spirits :) Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank luMe85
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here as part of our Trafalgar tour and even though the hotel was quite a distance from the city center, it wasn't bad at all. I had read reviews on TA and got a little worried about our stay but the hotel did not disappoint us. Even though we were just on the outskirts of all the major attractions in Rome, there was a nearby metro (Cordelia) that was only a 15 mins walk from the hotel that took us directly into the city center. Also, if you take a taxi from FCO, it will cost you 50 euro.

Unfortunately, wifi is only in the lobby but luckily, my husband brought his laptop which can be connected to the internet via a lan line (bring your own or purchase one for 1.50 euro at the front desk).

Also, we really liked that the area surrounding the hotel had numerous restaurants and small markets. I heard the food in the hotel restaurant was subpar so we ventured over to Osteria Romana, which we found amazing and moderately priced.

Overall, our stay was good but I'm not sure if I would stay here again if I was not traveling as part of a tour. I would probably try to stay closer to the city center.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aiyaaah
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on Apr 13 & 14, as part of a Trafalgar tour group. Hotel looks very big from the outside (and I was told by the taxi driver that there are 600 rooms, not sure if it's true), but is actually quite quiet inside. You don't see the big crowds in the lobby that is normally associated with a hotel that a tour group books. Room was clean, surprisingly spacious and quiet. Service was efficient. I had a problem with the room safe and they sent someone to come to the room within 5 minutes to fix it. Reception and restaurant staff speak English, which helps with visitors who do not speak Italian. We had dinner the first night at the hotel restaurant, and although the food quality was reasonable and value for money, the menu is rather limited and uninspiring. However, it's a safe choice for a quick and convenient meal. The hotel location is however out of the main city hub, being about 15 minutes taxi ride away, so you're not going to find the main tourist sites nearby. However, it does have its advantages of being away from the traffic, noise and tourist crowds. Overall, this hotel is good value for money, clean and efficient.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Eng Chuan F
Reviewed 18 April 2014

stayed here on a group tour with trafalgar. this one has a nice spacious room and was updated compared to some of the other hotels i have stayed at in italy. it seems that this is a conference hotel. there is free wifi in the hotel lobby. we had the traditional italian breakfast provided. the only bad thing i would have to say is the location is a little far from the main parts of rome that i was visiting (colosseum, vatican, etc) and are approximately a 15 euro cab drive over.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura L
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel was huge and obviously a conference location. The room was large by European standards and had a large bathroom. The bed was a bit firm, but had nice sheets. My only complaint was with the numbering of the rooms. Unlike every other hotel I've ever stayed at, the second number was the floor number (as in 3232 is on the second floor). This was not explained to us, and thus we couldn't find our room at first (rooms on the second floor could be number 1200-3299, etc.).

Room Tip: Be sure to ask which elevator bank to use.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here for a conference in February and was very dissappointed by the business facilities. As most reviewers have already stated the lack of telephone signal and Internet availability is not at all helpful when traveling specifically on business. Whilst the conference facitlites were large and airy, they were miles away from each other, let alone the rooms. I was glad I had packed flat shoes. The accomodation was dated, the beds hard and a distinct lack of comfort from what would normally be expected from a 4* hotel. The staff were surly and whilst helpful, they were not doing anything smile. Finally as the hotel is quite a distance from the city, as you would expect for a business hotel of this kind, the restaurant facilities were far below par, and definately NOT what you would expect in a gastronomic mecca such as Rome.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business