Great location, true; but there are hundreds of hotels with just as good a location. The reviewers who said it was clean did not stay in room 407--smelled of must or mold or something else equally rancid. Furnishings were probably nice in the 1800's. Room for 4 was really a room for 2 with a pull out (single) sofa and a rollaway bed which wasn't mentioned in the description of the room. Bathroom was very nice and may have been recently (at least this century) renovated, but the light switch didn't work well which was annoying--we got the lights on and left them on the whole night becasue there were such a pain to turn on. I am embarrassed to say how much we paid vs others who were staying at much nicer hotels at the same time. To top it off, we paid extra in advance for breakfast and then found that we had to leave for the airport right as it was opening. When we asked if we could take a few items with us since we couldn't take the time to sit, the woman serving first said "no" and then softened up and said "only bread"--now that's servicio! i guess she thought we were going to take our 40 euro worth of cold cuts and make a run for the airport.
Too bad, as the location is good, the building is elegant and some of the public spaces were bordering on elegant, but clearly Exe (corporate owner) has decided not to invest in this property (or maybe a renovation is coming). They rank is as a "premier" on their scale of comfort-premier-excellence; if so, I hate to see the "comfort" properties. On another trip we had a nice stay at the Residenza Canali Ai Coronari Via dei Tre Archi, 13, 00186--small, but even better location, clean and very good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Exe Hotel della Torre Argentina 3* located in the historical centre, at the point where ancient and modern Rome merge, Hotel della Torre Argentina is set in an aristocratic Settecento palace, decorated in classical style and with abundant decoration in fine woods. The hotel has undergone recent renovation (2010) in order to offer the level of facilities our guests deserve. We have two small reception lounges, a reading room and a romantic breakfast room, decorated in eclectic Italian style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Exe Hotel Della Torre Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Della Torre Argentina Rome
- Della Torre Argentina Hotel