“Beautiful Rome, good hotel”
Review of Hotel La Pergola

Hotel La Pergola
Ranked #623 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed here 2 nights and had a wonderful visit. We really enjoied Rome and this beautiful hotel.
It is very comfortable, and only a short walk to the bus stop, so you can reach easly monuments and attractions. Breakfast was excellent and staff very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank alexander k
There are newer reviews for Hotel La Pergola

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed at this property as part of out EF Tour for 2 nights. The hotel was clean, rooms were nice, basic but nice. Bathrooms were clean. No complaints. Staff was friendly, lobby was roomy enough for us to gather with no issues. We only ate breakfast here and the dining area was very nice, and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank bsdunbar1
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed in hotel la pergola in March, with my boyfriend. I love Rome and I go there whenever I can. The staff was very nice and helpful.The room was spacious, had all the basic facilities. Breakfast was italian style: no sausages :(
We paid about €90 per night and stayed for 2 nights.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Oddio N
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I have been a Group Leader with EF Tours for twenty years . As a Latin teacher , my goal has been to provide my students with an opportunity to see La Citta Eterna for themselves . Our tour has always included Pompeii , Capri and a trip through Firenze and Assisi . My colleagues and I typically lead 100 students every two years i.e. two groups of fifty . From the beginning , I have always enjoyed La Pergola , and I have appreciated the service Sergio and his crew provide . Over the years we have had a few problems , but nothing the staff was not eager to correct . The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are as well . True , they are smaller ; but , most hotel rooms for travelers are smaller in Europe ( I discovered how small a room can be in London ) . Nonetheless , the food is quite good and the staff provides a wide variety of cereals , breads , pastries , fruit , juices and hot beverages . I have known the family who owns La Pergola in Rome and the staff led by Sergio -- a very professional manager -- for many years and I have requested La Pergola every time I have organized and led a tour . Their commitment to providing good quality accommodations at an affordable price is evidenced by the recent renovations and upgrades . The hotel is close to public transportation and ATMs as well as a grocery store and -- mi dispiace dire -- a Mc Donald's . My one regret is that I will retire next year , so my travels to Italy will not be so regular . Last year I led the 100 and on both tours and, of course , my hotel of choice was La Pergola . I was not disappointed . For the money , La Pergola is an excellent choice . Professore Roberto

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not face the main road or the shopping center beside the hotel ( a grocery s...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Bobby G
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The refurbished hotel is very good looking. It is easy to park your car in front of the hotel. Now you can get the metro line at distance less than 400 meters. By the metro you reach the Termini Rail station in 12 minutes and in 15 minutes you go to the Colosseum.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Riccardo R
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed here for four nights as part of tour, hotel looks like it has been recently renovated. Room and bathroom clean but small. Cheap and well connected to the city center by bus. We had a very good stay!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tony l
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Very informal hotel located in Montesacro area, well connected to the city center by bus. Rome is a lovely city and every time I go back it's like the first time… I booked a cheap flight with Ryanair landing at Ciampino airport, then journey to hotel was nice because near the hotel there's B1 underground line. Finally I reached the hotel for less than ten euros (taxi would cost about 70 euro). The hotel is very nice. It has been recently renovated and all the rooms are clean and pleasant. There are many plants in the garden and in the lobby too. My room was on the second floor: the elevator was extremely slow but room was functional, clean, quiet and bright. Average breakfast. Staff recommended some restaurants in the area but we preferred to go to the city center to taste the typical Roman cuisine. We ate fried artichokes and "pasta amatricina." Wonderful Rome, I recommend everyone to go to La Pergola at least once.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple