“any room but 101”

Hotel Sweet Home
Ranked #189 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
“any room but 101”
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

just 2 min. from termini station which is great, you won't get tired with suitcase etc. I've read all the comments on here before I book and yes, rooms are definitely clean and big enough, warm enough, you'll have wifi and even small fridge in room working well. I haven't see any problem about the hot water ( might they just fix it)
but only one tip; stay any room but 101.!
the room just in front of front desk and too much noisy.! you feel like people are talking inside your room might you can handle for one night, not more.! and smell food when you open the window I think there is a kitchen just downstairs.
otherwise I recommend, they are definitely kind people and able speak English very well doesn't matter what information you need. enjoy.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Riguerra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Hotel Sweet Home was the last of hotels we stayed in during our 11 Days trip in Italy and it was also the most memorable. The interior decor has a very cosy and homely feel (which really befits the name of this hotel) to it and what really surprises us was the size of the room we were given. We booked a twin bed room and the room given had two Queen size beds in it. Bed was really comfortable and room was very well maintained. We felt it was very value for money for the rates we were charged at. The staff at this hotel was very friendly too and gave us wonderful tips on the good dining places nearby hotel.

Following my departure, I had also accidentally left behind two pieces of souvenir which was bought during our tour of the Palazzo Ducale in Venice. I had written to Bruno, the owner of this hotel that I left behind the souvenirs at his hotel by mistake and request that he help to mail it to me as I came back to Singapore. I offered to pay for the cost in mailing back and Bruno obliged to send it back to me by mail but insisted that he would not accept my offer to pay for the cost. I'm really very grateful for the wonderful service and am quite sure not many hotels would do a similar thing without expecting payment in return.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Sweet Home to anyone looking for a good price, great service, and yet comfortable hotel to stay in Rome. Not to mention its close proximity (only 3 mins walk) to the termini station.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TohHH
Bruno M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Sweet Home, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to personally thank you for your comments regarding your stay and for sharing your experience with others! I truly appreciate the time that you took to let us know how we performed during your visit! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Please, accept our best regards
Bruno & Staff
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Amazing location, it's a 3 minute walk from Termini Station. However, since it's in such a good, convenient location, it's quite loud outside until about 1am or so. There are pizza restaurants below who serve until late (which is good if you're starving, but not if you're wanting to get a good nights rest). This hotel feels very safe, as there are many levels of security to get up to your room.
Service was friendly and helpful, room was pretty good considering it's a 2-star hotel. Bathroom was small. There's a fan and A/C in the room, but depending which room you get, the A/C may not work as well. No breakfast/food offered here, but that's fine since there are food options at Termini Station and surrounding streets.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Jakarta
Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at Sweet home, the hotel is only 5 mins by walking from termini station, which means easy access to train and bus.
We were mistakenly book double room for 1 person, to my understanding sometimes hotels have different pricing for the same room based on num of occupant. We were served by the the owner and his dog :). He was very friendly and even did not charge us extra for the miss-booking. He gave us the map of rome and showed us what attractions we should not miss snd buss num to vatican. He also said uf we are keen to use the hop on and off bus he has the ticket with eur 2 discount (it is actually hotel incentive that he throws back to the customers). Very excellent service. No morning call since there is no phone, but the reception helped us by knocking the door at requested time.
The room size is quite big, it's a bit old but it's clean.
Only hotel guests can access the hotel, which means good security.
Many restaurants around and 1 minimarket nearby.
Price is fair.