“Nice staffs, good location”
Review of Hotel Sweet Home

Hotel Sweet Home
Ranked #163 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Bruno and Franco, the staffs have been very accommodating. Been a good advisers when we are shopping for items and visiting attractions. Even willing to speak on the phone in Italian with shops and search for my shopping items n call them just making sure they have the stock. The location were fantastic especially if u r arriving or departing via trains. Shops n restaurants everywhere, even a supermarket across the street. The room was not luxurious but comfy, mind the price u pay, its worth it. Well for the noise level, u have to accept that this is a city not a countryside. Been around Europe for more than a month but this place left a deep impression on me; juz like home. They are very friendly compared to some other places I been in my euro trip
n bearing in mind that I'm Asian. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was very impressed with our hotel. We traveled from Germany to stay in Rome with our three children. I was initially scared to stay in a hotel so close to a major train station. After checking in, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel immediately made me feel secure. The room was a little small but was very clean and well kept. They had all the necessities to inlcude WIFI and A/C which are not common amenities in Europe. The staff was top notch. As soon as we reserved our room, I received an email from the staff welcoming us and offering any assistance. I was so thankful for the advice on parking, Rome is one of the worst places I have ever been to find a parking spot. The staff was very welcoming upon our arrival and ensured our every need was met to include giving us a map and suggesting what sites to see during our stay. I absolutely love the personal feeling you get when you stay there. The location was perfect. It was walking distance to several of the major tourist sites and restaurants were abdundant. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone that visits Rome. The hotel price was just right for the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank christina d
Bruno M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Sweet Home, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear valued Guest,
our best result in our management is to exceed the Guests' expectations. It seems that we achieved our goal...!
Thank you very much for your nice words.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.
We all wish you all the best.
Bruno & the Team

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I was originally staying in an apartment with 6 other friends, and I stayed here on my last day because I am going to Venice by train the next day and this hotel is very very close to Termini station.
This hotel is actually quite expensive for what it provides. i stayed in a 4-person bedroom (with 2 double beds) and it costed me 158euros. The room is small and the entrance to the hotel does not look attractive.
Despite all that, the staff is very nice and is willing to help with directions and stuff (although I dont need any as I am going to Venice the next day). I think it is worth staying here if you are not very picky on the hotels. But personally, I really enjoy my stay near Palazzo del Popolo.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mokcarmen

Thank you for posting the review. We are happy to hear that you have had a good experience overall. We appreciated your kind words about our staff. We try to make the customer service one of our best qualities. Hotels in Rome could be on the expensive side but we strive to make sure we provide our Guests with great service.
I will be really delighted to have you again in my hotel and will be pleased to reserve for you the extra discount we reserve for our Clients.
My best regards
Bruno

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I can not say enough good things about sweet home, it was without a doubt the best place we stayed in Italy. The location is indeed great, you hop off the train and two blocks and bam you have arived. If you purchase the ROMA Pass, which I highly recomend being near Roma Termni is key. In fact just about any tranportation or tour leaves from right there. But to Flumicoino, Hop on Hop off tour bus, the metro, trolley, and a most city buses. If you prefer to walk, which I recomend even more, every thing is near except maybe Vatican. The Coloseum and Forum are ten minutes away, the Trevi and Spanish steps are near as well. If you are in decent shape, and you plan accordingly you can walk a loop from Trevi, Spanish Steps, Trevi, Pantheon, Piazza Nuova and back to Piazza Venzia, where you can view the Capitoline. Walking and getting lost are the best way to enjoy Rome.
Franco your host is exceptional and the real reason to stay, our room he emiled weeks ahead to check on our arrival time to ensure our room was ready. It was; he pulled out a tourist map ans showed us where everything was and how to get there and key details only Romans would know. As it happens m wife and dughter became ill, I flailed to get enough meds for both he offered to send one of his staff to retrieve more, which I gladly accepted. Every day, he asked hwo they wer feeling. Hs embodieds the term host.
Roger who worked at night was equally exceptional, mind you we were on a first name basis here. He called and set up a limo for my older daughters arrival at the Airport, and was helpful at every turn.
Sweet home, does not have room servie or fancy amenities you don't need, what it is clean, safe, and comfortable. They don't have a concierge, they don't need one, because they all are.We liked it so much on our way out we booked a send stay for the night before our flight out. Seriously stay here and it will greatly, greatly enhance your stay in Rome.
If I ever return I will definately stay here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the street it addds to the experince.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Foodsthegame
Bruno M, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Sweet Home, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for taking time to write down this review. We are glad that you have had a good time here at the Sweet Home. We do really hope you wish to come back in our beautiful City and stay with us again.
Wish you all the best.
Bruno, Franco & Roger

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Hotel Sweet Home has an excellent location from the train station. It makes traveling to and from Rome very easy. The staff in Hotel Sweeet Home is very helpful. There was a public transportation strike on the very day we left Rome for Sorrento and the staff of Hotel Sweet Home offered very good advice to us and even offered to check up alternative arrangements for us. For that, we were very thankful. The hotel room is basic but clean. Reasonably good beds and good showers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mf A
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We found this hotel through tripadvisor and were very pleased. The hotel is located two blocks from to the Roma Termini train station, handy to public transit, and within walking distance to most of the sights. The price was quite reasonable for a clean and cozy room. We found the staff (Franco and his son) to be very helpful regarding some booking issues, and they were also extremely cordial and informative. We'll stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarcC230
Bruno M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Sweet Home, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Our entire team was pleased to assist you. We're glad you loved the Sweet Home, and hope you visit us again soon.
Cheers!
Bruno & the Team

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I was familiar with the location of this hotel and was not at all concerned about that, but was a little concerned with the 2-star rating. My concerns were put to rest as soon as we checked in. Bruno, at the desk, was very friendly and welcoming. He had contacted us by email prior to our arrival to offer to arrange transportation from the airport. We were pleased there was a lift, unlike experiences in years past. Our room was very clean, nicely decorated, air conditioned, and comfortable, not small at all by European standards. Mattresses were firm and comfortable. Bathroom was small but adequate and quite clean. Location is very close to the Roma Termini, which is good when dragging luggage behind you. It is within walking distance to the Coliseum and the Trevi Fountain. Security was excellent. And to top it off, Bruno arrived at our room within a half hour after check-in with a gratis bottle of COLD Asti Spumoni and two champagne glasses to welcome us to Hotel Sweet Home. We've never had such gracious treatment even at 4-star hotels. This hotel does not include breakfast, but we did not find that to be a problem. We'll definitely stay there again when visiting Roma!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rsteinhilber
Bruno M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Sweet Home, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Ladies
thank you very much for writing this nice review. We do really love our job and love seeing our Guests smiling. We are happy that we achieved our goal with you!