“Friendly staff, clean room, cheap price... Happy Days!”
Review of Hotel Sweet Home

Hotel Sweet Home
Ranked #180 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Loved our stay here. 24hour reception with security entry made the place extremely safe.
The price being so low had my wife and I concerned a little at the start. If you are looking for a clean room, centrally located with friendly staff and aren't concerned with over the top inclusions, that you will never use, then this place is great.
Breakfast is not included but restaurants are right infront of the hotel's entrance. We found the laundromat right opposite the hotel so convenient as we had packed light for our trip.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Perhaps I was expecting more, having just come arrived from a stay at the truly excellent Hotel Correra 241 in Naples,and the Trianon Borgo Pio in Rome before that, but this place was sorely lacking. Yes, we just needed a place for one night near the train station before we flew home. But this place was simply icky in every aspect.

The room itself was tiny and cramped for four people. The wallpaper was peeling, the furniture looked like it dated from the 50's, the two dim lights struggled to illuminate the dankness, the beds were covered in a thin cover that looked truly ancient, and most annoying of all, there was ONE OUTLET in the room, meaning we had to charge devices in shifts. The outlet was nowhere near the one teeny table, so to use the laptop, I had to sit on the floor by the bathroom.

The bathroom had a "hairdryer" which reminded me of the attachment my mother had on her 1968 hairdryer for drying nails - a tube attached to a box on the wall. I wonder how old it was?

Most scary of all, we could not really get the doorknob to work. It would take many tries to get the door to open. So I spent the night petrified that there would be a fire and we wouldn't be able to get out.

The elevator was finicky. It only stopped at our floor going down, not going up. Weird.

And, there is no breakfast and NO COFFEE. That is just unacceptable for a hotel at this price point. They could have at least done like Correra 241 and had a hotpot set up in the office so people could make their own Nescafe. This is a hotel that obviously is geared towards people leaving on trains early, so it would have been a bit hospitable to have done that, but hospitality did not seem to be a strong suit. I had to walk out at 6am to the 24 hour McDonalds at the train station to find coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Bruno M, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Sweet Home, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Guest, thank you very much for choosing Hotel Sweet Home for your stay in Rome and we are very concerned about your comment and apologize that we were not able to provide you with the product and service you expect from us. We really feel sorry that you were not able to experience a pleasant stay.
Please, accept my best regards
Bruno

Ps: Let me take this chance to remind again to those who wish to book our hotel that The Sweet Home doesn’t serve breakfast as mentioned on all websites. Many restaurants for breakfast are available in the area.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

we have stayed with our adult children, and had a wonderful experience. the room we booked for us all was large, comfortable and clean. we loved its decoration. air condition was great as it was so hummed outside. WiFi was excellent. even though its close to the stain station there was no noise coming from outside, and the area was quite safe even late at night. there are buses to everywhere and its close by foot to most of the main sight-seen in Rome. Bruno the owner was very helpful and kind.

1  Thank yula1112
Reviewed 18 July 2013

When we searched on-line for a hotel in Rome a few months ago, all we were looking for was just a room to sleep at night as we would be touring around Rome most of the time. We found this hotel, and though it is not in the most beautiful part of Rome, it is perfect for us as it is so close to the train station. We were travelling with two young children who were responsible to carry their own bags, so being so close to the train station (we were coming by train) was more important for us than staying in a beautiful area.

When we arrived at the hotel and then checked in, we realised that what we got was not just a room to sleep at night. What we had was a real home. The hotel did/does feel like a sweet home. Though small, it was nicely decorated and the little touches here and there made us feel we were just staying at our own home. Our room was at the end of the hallway from the lobby/office, and every time we walked back to our room through this hallway (with lots of books and magazines to read, and some nice art work), we felt like we were just retreating to our own bedroom at home.

The hotel has a free wi-fi, and an air-conditioner that actually works (the hotels we stayed in Florence and Venice had a ‘luke warm’ AC).

But most of all, it was the owner/staff that made the difference. Bruno, signor Franco, and all other staff were so kind, friendly, and very helpful. They really made us feel at home.

1  Thank VIS887
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This hotel is small, in a good location, with very clean rooms. It is not beautiful, but perfect for what we needed - a few nights in Rome near the train station. Bruno was fantastic, and arranged a private taxi from the airport when we arrived at midnight. The area around is relatively quiet and feels safe. There are several good cafes and restaurants on the same block. The sign is very small, so if you are trying to find it on your own, look for the large "Hotel California" awning - they share the same building.

Room Tip: Room 101 is 10 feet from the front desk. My parents could hear everyone that came thru the check in...
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Bruno and Franco, the staffs have been very accommodating. Been a good advisers when we are shopping for items and visiting attractions. Even willing to speak on the phone in Italian with shops and search for my shopping items n call them just making sure they have the stock. The location were fantastic especially if u r arriving or departing via trains. Shops n restaurants everywhere, even a supermarket across the street. The room was not luxurious but comfy, mind the price u pay, its worth it. Well for the noise level, u have to accept that this is a city not a countryside. Been around Europe for more than a month but this place left a deep impression on me; juz like home. They are very friendly compared to some other places I been in my euro trip
n bearing in mind that I'm Asian. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was very impressed with our hotel. We traveled from Germany to stay in Rome with our three children. I was initially scared to stay in a hotel so close to a major train station. After checking in, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel immediately made me feel secure. The room was a little small but was very clean and well kept. They had all the necessities to inlcude WIFI and A/C which are not common amenities in Europe. The staff was top notch. As soon as we reserved our room, I received an email from the staff welcoming us and offering any assistance. I was so thankful for the advice on parking, Rome is one of the worst places I have ever been to find a parking spot. The staff was very welcoming upon our arrival and ensured our every need was met to include giving us a map and suggesting what sites to see during our stay. I absolutely love the personal feeling you get when you stay there. The location was perfect. It was walking distance to several of the major tourist sites and restaurants were abdundant. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone that visits Rome. The hotel price was just right for the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank christina d
Bruno M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Sweet Home, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear valued Guest,
our best result in our management is to exceed the Guests' expectations. It seems that we achieved our goal...!
Thank you very much for your nice words.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.
We all wish you all the best.
Bruno & the Team