“Very good hotel in a nice neighbourhood, 15-minutes away from a metro station”

Ranked #208 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Podgorica, Montenegro
“Very good hotel in a nice neighbourhood, 15-minutes away from a metro station”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is situated in a very nice neighbourhood, with lots of restaurants, cafes and shops. It is far away from the historic heart of Rome, but the hotel is 15-minutes away from a brand new metro station which makes your trip to downtown a quick and an efficient one. The room was very nice and clean, although not very big, with a nice bathroom. It is equipped with a TV, fridge (which is restocked with free water each day), tea/coffee maker, and a free wi-fi. The staff was kind and helpful, even though their English is not perfect. They arranged for us a shuttle to the airport, which was cheaper, faster and more comfortable than the ordinary taxi. If you don't mind being away from the historic area of Rome, I would definitely recommend this hotel. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vladimir V
MERCURETRIESTE, Manager at Mercure Roma Corso Trieste, responded to this review, 14 November 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, it was a pleasure having received them.
In the spirit of our hotel objectives, which make initiative and quality of the service a priority, you have confirmed that we have chosen the right path.
Your satisfaction is our best compensation. It encourages us to pursue our efforts and makes us proud to have welcomed you.
Please keep writing to us. Your assessments are essential and will allow us to improve continually our service.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel I remain,
Yours faithfully
Lucia Padovan - General Manager
Mercure Roma Corso Trieste

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

While on the map it looks close to the metro station, it is an uphill walk from the station and the B1 line is a branch with few trains (wait 6-10 minutes). On the bright side, it is a new station so it is clean, big, and graffiti-free! Hotel is located in a quiet working class neighbourhood but close to restaurants and the supermarket. Room was modernly-furnished with a balcony but the bathroom looked a bit like an ibis. Nevertheless, it was clean and I slept well. A bit of hallway noise got in so I think soundproofing can be improved. Reception was friendly and helpful. Even at times when she showed her English was not the best, I could tell she tried very hard to organize her thoughts and communicate them. Head up to the Solarium on the top floor for views of the neighbourhood.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
MERCURETRIESTE, General Manager at Mercure Roma Corso Trieste, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your stay in our Hotel Mercure.

My team and I are really grateful for your kind words of appreciation, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations.

I am sorry you found our Hotel difficult to access and I ask you to accept my most sincere apologies.

The nearest tube Stop S.Agnese /Annibaliano is a very short walk (380 m. away from the Hotel), but I completely acknowledge that the access signage to reach the hotel from the Metro stop is lacking.

Unfortunately, I am obliged to use the local city signage, chosen and located where the Municipality decides. Since 2 years I am asking the Municipality if any publicity space will be dedicated inside this Metro stop, without any opportunity given up to now.

For the time being, we are proceeding to add further information on our web-site, in order to improve the access description.

The train connections are usually provided regularly, considering that 4/6 minutes waiting are correct in Rome.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our Hotel.

Lucia Padovan – General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

convenient to my working location, it reflects mercure standards meaning you you know what you get in terms of amenities and services. the area is very quiet- rooms are comfortable but not so big breakfast is ok.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lorybart
Dear Guest,
first of all thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our Hotel Mercure.
Your opinion is precious for us to improve the quality of our services.
All the staff is really grateful for your kind feedback, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meet your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon at one of the Mercure hotels.
Lucia Padovan - General Manager
Derbyshire, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a Rome break. The hotel is outside of the city centre but with easy access via the efficient Metro system.
It is a relatively small hotel and we were allocated a compact room which was clean but short of natural light. The staff were efficient without being overly friendly. There is a small bar area, a rooftop terrace and a tiny gym which we didn't use.
We ordered some bar food which was pre-prepared and microwave reheated.
Overall our experience of the facilities was fairly neutral.
However, after a first night of poor sleep due to the heat in the room, I asked why the air conditioning was not on. I was told that it was the hotels policy not to switch it on until 1st May but they would mention it to the General Manager. Even though the weather did cool down a little, the room was like an oven so we had to leave the window open at night to keep it bearable. Unfortunately, roadworks, church bells and police sirens made sure we didn't enjoy a single full nights sleep whilst in Rome.
Not a great experience and would not recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fivegoldstars
MERCURETRIESTE, Direttore at Mercure Roma Corso Trieste, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay in our Hotel Mercure Roma Corso Trieste.

I am deeply sorry for the unpleasant situation you had to face about the air-conditioning and I apologize for the consequential inconvenience you were caused.

The general air conditioner system of our hotel is centrally set: on winter with heating function and in summer with air-conditioning.

Due to the external changeable atmospheric conditions during your stay, we had some problems to schedule the right time slot of the air-conditioning emission.

We are ready to welcoming you again upon your next stay, trying then to regain your confidence.

Your sincerely,

Lucia Padovan
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

the hotel is close to the metro in a quiet area and close enough to the city center. Rooms larger than the ones of other hotels in Rome and breakfast is rich.
My main disappointments were the service at the lobby and the cleanliness which left much to desire.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
MERCURETRIESTE, General Manager at Mercure Roma Corso Trieste, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, I want to thank you for having taken the time to send your remarks about your stay in our hotel.

I am very glad to read You appreciated the size of the room and the breakfast quality. On the other hand I am deeply sorry you found a bad attitude at the lobby, as well as a lack in the cleanliness.

I want to assure you that such inconveniences do not mirror the usual service level of our hotel.

In order to be able to intervene in a specific way to these unexpected inefficiencies, I kindly ask you to receive more details, such as the situation you had to face with the Reception or Bar Staff.

I can ensure you that we continuously work hard to improve the service level of the Mercure Roma Corso Trieste hotel and your comments enable us to enhance it constantly.

I look forward to reading from you soon.

Lucia Padovan