“the place to be” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #315 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Baal, Brabant, Belgium
“the place to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

interior of the hotel is SUPER, the room's have all the accomodations you need for a Rome city trip. super breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stef D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

The service we received at this hotel was excellent. The staff were friendly and even waited till midnight for us to check in. Breakfast was good, the rooms clean and the location excellent. We asked for a third single bed to be put into the room, at the last minute and they were more then helpful. The bathroom was clean. Overall great value for money!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights, and my experience was "okay." I wanted a single room, so maybe it was because it was the only single room available, but my room was basically outside of the reception area in the stairwell and was SUPER noisy (thin walls/doors allowed me to hear every single step up and down the stairs, to and from the reception, and the opening and slamming of the main entrance door to the street). I had a shower in my room, but had to share a bathroom, which I guess wasn't too bad.

The free breakfast was decent... it was free so no REAL complaints. It opens at 8am... but they really start serving before that so I'd suggest going early because it fills up FAST and is in an annoyingly small room.

It is walking distance from the metro if you consider walking distance about 20 minutes or so... it's probably a hike for most. The bus station is probably a better decision if that's an option for you as it's only a few blocks. It is also walking distance from Vatican City, which I really liked since I planned to spend at least a day there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Joensuu, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My friend and I were in this hotel two nights in May 2012. The hotel was OK. Service was good and free internet point was nice.The room was really small although it was for two persons and you could hear everything from the neighbours' rooms. Otherwise the room was clean and comfortable. Then few words about the breakfast. The breakfast room was tiny, some of the bread, ham and cheese ran out about 1 and ½ hours before the breakfast serving was to end. Maybe I'd search some other hotel especially if I stayed longer than 3 nights. But all in all the hotel wasn't that bad and for that price it was good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheTravelers4029
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

We have been staying for 5 days in Hotel Colors, and while we have been to many places in Europe, this was the worst accomodation so far. First, it's not a hotel, rather a hostel. The room we got was tiny, between the shared bathroom/toilet and common room, next to the balcony, which also happens to be the designated smoking place. Thanks to this the room was noise (could hear every **** visitor using the toilet) and smelly, since the smoke was coming right in. It should also be noted, that we had to open the window, as the air conditioning was of course out of order. After the 3rd day we also had the pleasure of constantly battling with ants, who enjoyed staying in our beds. The breakfast could have been quite nice, but the dining room is so tiny, people always had to wait to get a free table. The only positive things I could mention is that it's quite clean, it's location is excellent and while we were there the staff was helpful and friendly.. But overall we advise everyone to stay away from this hostel.

Stayed May 2012
Amsterdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in the first week of April 2012. I was more a like an partment converted to hotel rooms. Finding the hotel is a little difficult as they haven't kept any name-boards outside.
Rooms were clean and breakfast was good. Charged tax additional to the price mentioned in the booking website.
We booked a triple room but it was more like a double room with extra bed. Overall it was okay.
Though I would say its not worth the money. Location is pretty good as it is inside the vatican.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CPJAmsterdam
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed here with family (my sister and cousin) in August 2010. We loved it! We had a triple en suite room and really enjoyed our stay. We had to wait until 2pm to check into our room, although they let us leave our bags there for a couple of hours. The hostel is about 10 minutes walk from the METRO or about 5 minutes from where the No40 bus terminates. We were incredibly impressed by the breakfast in the morning. I have done a lot of travelling and staying in hostels over the last few years and I have to say that it is probably the BEST breakfast that I've had in this sort of place; cereal, toast, croissants and pastries, yoghurts, fresh fruit, juices and coffee. What better way to start your day!? The only down side to breakfast is the limited seat capacity, that the kitchen area has. Get up early to get the best seats!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends