“A very smart choice in Rome”
Review of Hotel Magic

Hotel Magic
Ranked #890 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
“A very smart choice in Rome”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

It's useless try to visit Europe by car, so me and my family did it by train, and Hotel Magic, less than 5 minutes walking from Termini Train-Metro-Bus Station, was all we wanted for.

The hotel is simple but very nice, on the third floor of and old building where there is a similar hotel on each floor, and so on almost every building on the street. The elevator is very small, for only 2 persons (or 1 person w/baggage), but that's due to the bulding's structure.

Now, the hotel itself is run by a family which treated us very good, gave us many directions and advices to know the city. The room was a 4 single bed (2 soft and 2 hard), the bathroom was clean and comfortable, good TV, and good ventilation. We went there on late october, so there was no A/C nor heating, it wasn't necessary anyway. There's also free WiFi.

Only bad thing is that around midnight the truck that cleans the street goes by that street and is a bit noisy, but that's no more thatn 5 minutes.

For people who want to know a mythical city such as Rome, spending all day outside, and only going to the hotel for sleeping, this is a completely reasonable choice. You can go anywhere on Rome and back from there from the station. And for 1€ you can buy the best Capuccino I've ever drank on a café in fron of the hotel.

Hotel Magic, I reccomend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ruben C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I really loved the hotel! clean room, with bathroom, a small but nice balcony, refrigerator, AC and free wifi; perfect location, 5 minutes walking distance from Termini station; a lot of sightseeings are in walking distance too;
friendly staff; the guy in the reception helped us with great pleasure every time we refered to him with any question; there is a supermarket near the hotel with quite affordable prices; there are a lot of cafes near the hotel; next to the hotel there was a cafe where we could drink good coffee for 1-1.5 euro.
If I return to Rome I will definitely choose Hotel Magic once more!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nino A
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

First of all believe me, it's NOT terrible. Although I found a bug in the shower, it was small and it's normal I think for a building with many plants around the windows.

So the owner lady across the hotel is a bit angry at the customers for some reason but don't worry after 3 pm a really enthusiastic man takes care of the hotel and I think makes up for the inconvenienves.

The room was OK, had ac, minibar and a bathroom which was enough for me since I was on a budget and only needed a place to stay for 2 days.

I would go there again without hesitation really.

1 Thank CaslonHadDyslexia
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The location is probably this hotel's strongest point - it's a few minutes on foot from Termini station and therefore within walking distance of most of Rome's attractions. The room was comfortable and very clean; the street was a bit loud at times but not so much as to disturb your sleep.

The staff was a bit chaotic - in the eight days that my girlfriend and I were staying there, we were unable to figure out the working hours of the reception; fortunately, the owners live right next door so we rang their bell whenever we needed anything. The guy who works at the reception is the only one who speaks good English but, like I said, he was at times nowhere to be found.

The breakfast was a standard Italian continental breakfast - pastry with coffee - and it was served at a local bar.

All in all, it was a pretty nice stay, good value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Very good location, bit noisy street. The staff was wery helpful, always smiling. Every day cleaned room, fresh towels. The breakfast served in the next street in a small bar and it was too simple, book room withouth it (if possible). The smallest elevator I've ever seen :-). Would go back again, full service for small price. Spent 5 night in double room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Colorado, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We stayed here for three night at the end of our European vacation. We chose this place because of its location, and that is all it has going for it. It is literally 2 blocks from the train/metro. This is not the safest of areas as it seems lots of homeless hang out here, but as a young couple we felt safe traveling when we did. We were always home by 12am, and the polizia seem to stake out the area fairly well. If i were a young girl/group of girls I would not travel here alone in the after hours, just a little too sketchy (especially if you are drinking)!
As for the hotel, AC/bathroom were nice. Decent size room. Fairly loud outside. Clean, except for the back of our toilet that was obviously missed with pee still on it, GROSS. The WORST bed, hard and uncomfortable with terrible pillows! As for the staff, not extremely friendly, but I'm not really here to make friends with hotel owners. If you are looking for someone to cater to you, recommend places, etc they are not the staff to do so!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank USAmerican_traveler
athens
Reviewed 8 August 2012

When we first arrived outside Hotel Magic and we saw that it was located in the third floor above other hotels we were a bit worried. Although, when we stepped in our room we had a whole other opinion about it. The room was recently refurbished, clean, spacious and convinient. The breakfast was served in a cafe 100meters from the hotel and it was certainly my cup of tea! Also, it is located near Rome's train station, Roma Termini.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family