“Small, clean and convenient hotel in Rome”
Review of Hotel Primavera

Hotel Primavera
Ranked #432 of 1,259 Hotels in Rome
New York
“Small, clean and convenient hotel in Rome”
Reviewed 15 August 2008

I was told by a friend NOT to book a hotel in February in Rome, it was not considered "high" season then, and I had no problem finding hotels on the day of, especially I was traveling alone and only staying in Rome for 4 days.

It was easy for me to find this hotel from the airport, I took the bus and it is close to a lot of major attractions, including the Palazzo Giustizi, walking distance to the Ponte Sisto, en route to the Vatican City.

The staff Gabriel and an older woman were friendly and professional, I lost my luggage the first night and they let me used their phone until the airline was able to deliver my luggage.

I paid 35 euro per night for 4 nights. On my last night they even upgraded me to a bigger room.

• Liked — location!
  • Disliked — small
  • Stayed February 2005, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank funtnt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 5 September 2007

This would have to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms and especially the towels were filthy (and they weren't changed during our 4 day stay) , the toilet smelt disgusting, and the service was horrendous.

You normally pay an extra €5 per day for the use of air conditioning. That's fine except when I booked the hotel they agreed to include that in the price. When I went to check out the old woman working there refused to return my passport because she said I had to pay the €5 per day. She accused me of lying when I said it was included. When her grandson arrived he confirmed what I had said and she didn't even bother to apologise. I almost missed my train because of her.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — The service and lack of cleanliness.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank destinationeu

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 July 2006

Kind, considerate and hospitable concern of management for its guests. Knowledgable with directions and travel suggestions. Great location-central to key points of interest, shopping, transporation, restaurants and wonderful gelaterias! Walk anywhere-Vatican, Campe de Fiore, Pantheon, Trevi, Piazza Navona, Colloseum, Spanish Steps. etc. While we could not check in early, we were able to leave our luggage. Everything was clean. Rooms are comfortable but not plush-old world charm with its nicely appointed marble decor, cedar built in closets and clean windows. Beds were comfortable but not cushy. Having extra pillows and blankets in the closet was useful. We were surprised that air conditioning was not included in the room price. The tv was mounted high but small screen made it difficult to see. We were not in Rome to watch tv so tv was not an issue.

We felt very secure and safe. Breakfast, included in price, was a nice touch if you have a busy agenda. As we were leaving for an early morning tour of Vatican City, the rain began to pour. Management jumped into action, before we could ask for assistance, to call a taxi for us. Beautiful! Having the luxury of the offer of a quick, timely ride to the triain station upon our departure was great.

Overall, we would rate this as a pleasant experience and recommend Hotel Primavera to anyone looking for comfort, location and friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2006
6 Thank Getamac
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 May 2006

A very nice hotel, good service, clean and big rooms. I advise this hotel to everybody who don't want to stay at 4*-5* hotel. Especially thanks to Flavio!!!

• Stayed March 2005
birmingham UK
Reviewed 14 March 2006

I stayed at Primavera a couple of years ago and booked it for my daughter and her partner when we treated them to a trip to Rome. They loved it for the same reasons - the rooms, although simple, are spotlessly clean with sat TV; the power shower is fantastic; the owner/manager and staff are very friendly and helpful. Best of all is the location - just off Piazza Navona so you won't need transport for most of the sights. I don't recognise the place from some of your negative reviews. Go, it's fine, just don't expect bland luxury in a 2* hotel.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank helas
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 October 2005

the hotel was in a fantastic location nr the piazza nouva and the panthleo. 10mins walk from the vatican and the buses outside went straight to the termini. no.64. the hotel was very noisy though as it was situated near a main road. it always sounded like the bin men were outside. the hotel is also split into two building across the road from each other. start at the actual hotel as we stayed in the other one which was not too pleasant and even more noisy.The hotel is very hard to find on foot so get a taxi and the lift is very old school and nifty so make sure you dont have tooo much luguage as its a spiral staircase to the 1st floor.
Overall,good location but poor hotel. do not book when out there as we ended up paying 90 euros which i thought was rather expensive considering

• Stayed October 2005
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sellersville, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 12 October 2005

Hotel Primavera is a no frills place located along a busy avenue in Rome. If you are a hearty type, and prefer to spend most of your time exploring the Ancient City, this is a good spot to station yourself. It is within easy walking distance of some of the most interesting places in Rome: Piazza Navonna, The Vatican, Campo di Fiori, Il Coloseo, Il Foro Romano, Trestevere, many good restaurants, etc. If you want to be pampered at a Five Star hotel, then don't go to the Primavera. But if you just need a clean, safe, and comfortable place to sleep each night, then it's a good bargain in the center of historic old Rome. We've stayed there twice, an will do so again upon our return to Rome.

Richard & Mary Beth Byrnes