“very good location, clean and cheap”
Review of Hotel Primavera

Hotel Primavera
Ranked #432 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I like this hotel. Friendly staff, cheap, spacious and clean. Very close to city strategic points. Highly recommended for every kind of trip. You can taste both the spirit of ancient Rome and the life modern Rome

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Rome in July can be a challenge to find reasonably priced accommodation. Hotel Primavera is a reasonably priced option in a decent location – about a 30 second walk to Piazza Navona and easy walks from there to most of the major sights in Rome including the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain. Even the Coliseum and the Vatican can be reached in an easy 20 minute walk (opposite directions though).

The hotel is on the first floor of a building with a very old and rustic cage elevator or you might be better off to take the stairs. I had very limited contact with the staff but checking in was very easy and they seemed very pleasant. The check-out was also very easy and they had no issues with me leaving my bag behind until I had to head off to the airport.

The room was adequate in size with a queen bed, HD TV, a/c and private bathroom. The room suffered from old plumbing and it could take a while before the flushing aspect of the toilet kicked in. You also need to let the water run for a while before you get any hot water. I did find the shower virtually claustrophobic and it was a challenge to use. My major complaint is with the mattress, I could feel every coil and spring in it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2013

It is located at such a premium location: exactly a block away from Campo De Fieri and Piazza Navona. Right on the route of bus # 40, 64, 571, 492, 87, ... Given it is closer to such touristy locations, it is surrounded by some great restaurants. Only downside I'd say is the closest Metro station, I think, is Termini but that didn't affect us much given how frequently the buses run.

As other reviews mentioned, locating the hotel for the first time might be little tricky but once we found it we felt really stupid :D It's not that hidden honestly. People in the area don't know about it, easiest way to find it would be to ask for Museum of Art, keep the picture of hotel's building in mind and you wont have difficulty finding it once you find the museum.

Most of the rooms are on 5th floor, there is a small old elevator which works fine though. Most of the times there is someone at the reception. We were in room #15 and it wasn't noisy at all, or may be we were too tired to notice any noise, so slept pretty well. Had to print a voucher for our Vatican visit, the lady at the front desk printed it for us when we asked her for any internet cafes around, that was real nice.

The rooms are very very simple though very spacious, it's definitely a good place to stay cheap in Rome while not sacrificing a good location.

Overall very pleasant experience, and we would definitely consider it if another Rome visit is in our fate (yes we did go to Trevi fountain :D).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheCuri0usOne
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very nice small hotel, attended by owners family, wonderfull location in the main Rome touristic attractions. Very good breakfast, Not for long staying, but everything they promise, they deliver. I recomend it for people wanting to know Rome by feet or bus. Good connections to everywhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel T
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Easy place to stay for one night. Perfect for solo travellers. Just 30 second walk to Piazza Navona (but that is expensive for food and drinks). Just up the road though, in cobbled backstreets are plenty of great restaurants and bars. Rooms are basic but clean. Breakfast was included and simple but tasty. Another thumbs up from me!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Honestly I might be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, and that's saying a lot, bc I've stayed in some pretty crappy hotels. The "bed" felt like I was sleeping on the floor. If the floor wasn't so dirty, I may have had a better nights sleep on the floor. I don't think the walls have been painted in 10 years. Scuff marks and all sorts of things all over the walls. A random cut wire hanging from the ceiling. We stayed here for three days and they never cleaned our towels, they just left them in the same position they were when we went out for the day. They made the bed, but never changed the sheets or anything. Terrible Terrible.

That being said -- there are a few positive things about the hotel if you can get over the disgusting rooms. 1) Amazing location. Piazza Navona around the corner. 2) The only place on our stay that we had consistent free wifi that worked. Most places we went it barely worked and def. not for four people at the same time. 3) There is an elevator. Granted it's tiny, and it broke down one night (so we had to walk the 6 floors up after a long long day), but it worked when we had to move all of our luggage up so that was a plus.

Honestly I have to hope there is better than this in Rome. I've stayed in other large cities (London, NYC) and stayed in really small hotels that cost a fortune, but this was by far the worst. I felt like I was living in a hostel for the price of something much much better. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank smthngcreative
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We loved this hotel in Rome. Fabulous location, about 50metres from the Piazza Narvona and 4 min walk to the Campo de Fiori. Lots of restaurants and cafes very close. all the main attractions of Rome within easy walk. Service at the Hotel was fabulous. Free wi-fi..We arrived 2 days early and they were very obliging to find us a room.Manager of Hotel very helpful and friendly. Nothing was to much trouble. Also taxi rank right outside hotel which was great for getting back to the airport. Breakfast was ordinary however there is so many cafe's and markets within easy walk it wasnt a problem. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple