“Clean, comfortable, near stazione termini & great staff!”

Alessandro Palace Hostel
Ranked #29 of 1,178 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a place we would stay in again. In fact, we tried to add a night but they were full. Very clean. We stayed in the newer units with fresh paint and new bathrooms. The shower didn't drain quickly but that would be the only complaint we had. Stayed in a mixed dorm and met some nice people. Our ages range from 56 to 71 so the beds make a difference and our bunk beds were quite comfortable. The staff is excellent: friendly, knowledgeable, eager to please. Close to Stazione Termimni.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very nice place close to train station, metro and main places to visit. Owners and people working there were nice, very helpful. The rooftop was so nice place for a sunbath! Breakfast was ok. The room quite good, It was just a shame that lockers were broken (they should be changed)but the hostel was a safe place. I recommend this hostel for the nice atmosphere!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Currently staying in a 6 bed mixed dorm on a solo getaway from London for 3 nights.

Likes:
Modern
Clean
Close to main Termini train station
Staff friendly (to me)
Quiet
TV in room (not that we've used it)
Hair dryer in bathroom

Dislikes:
Nowhere near enough power points!! We have to unplug the TV so we can all take turns of charging devices. In my opinion this one factor outweighs all the good points!
There is not really a common area to hang out. There's a small bar but I haven't even bothered sitting down for a drink. The main reason I stay in hostels on solo travels is to meet people so I might as well have stayed in a hotel.

*As a side note for my fellow travelers to Rome, remember what your parents taught you- don't talk to strangers. If anyone approaches you, it's almost certainly for their own benefit, not yours!

**Don't forget to bring your own towel, and a skinny padlock for the locker (mine was too chunky, so I've had to leave it unlocked)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank snowbunny_x
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Near train station. There is a bar and it can be very fun at night. I like partying and don't mind a little noise at night, so that didn't bother me at all. Small bathroom and beds were "ok". Not so good and a little expensive if compared to other hostels in Europe but I think that's how most of the hostels in Italy are. Good location, near restaurants and also near The Yellow Hostel, where there is a club downstairs and it's fun to go to. Helpful staff. Oh, and breakfast is also very very good!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cristina C
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Awesome hostel! Very fun, amazing staff, and great location. Only complaint is that it was cold in our room, however it was November. So if you go during the winter months bring a big coat or blanket if you can. The hostel bar and bar crawl was a blast! Definitely do the bar crawl, you meet a ton of people and it's a really cheap way to enjoy Rome's nightlife.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I was there for one day only, after staying in Alessandro Downton (wich was excellent as well) I wasn't there much days but enough to see that everything works well in Alessandro palace! The staff are very helpful, they always have a smile for you (and a map wich was my bf in Rome). Ubication is nice, too. 5 minutes maybe 7 from Termini. About the room, I stayed in one for 6 guys and was good, good enough bed, a/c and elevator. I would definitely stay again with them!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2014

my friend fell ill during our stay and the staff changed from busy-businesslike to caring. that's service that i appreciate.
great restaurants and gelato shop within 50m, 5min to major metro stop with shops

Room Tip: personally i like quiet, so second floor is optimum for easy access but sufficiently above the bar