The Beehive
US$207
US$954
US$468
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdorm roomtrain stationthe cafe downstairsshared bathroomtwo blocksclose to terminiprivate bathhome away from homelounge areaa great place to staycommon roommain buildingbudget hotelaround the cornerroma terminiconvenient locationstayed nights
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The beehive hotel was a perfect place for our roman adventure (8 days). Staff: all lovely and helpful. Hotel: sparkling clean, handmade soaps in each room, extremely comfy beds, perfect location safe for night and day. Food: organic and homemade, allergy friendly ( gluten and dairy free are no problem- even have rice milk!). The beehive had both a computer and free wifi. We were genuinely sorry to leave!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My mom and I were very happy with our stay at the Beehive. We were in Rome for 5 days and wished to have stayed the entire trip but unfortunately they only had availability the first 3 days. It is 5 minutes from the train station on safe streets. The area was fine and a few good restaurants need by. The Beehive is very clean and comfortable. The cafe has a good breakfast. There is a computer in the lounge for guest use and wifi. The garden is cute for sitting outside. The staff were helpful and spoke perfect English. I would stay here again and again. We stayed at the Acaia for our last night in Italy returning from Venice. It was ok, but alittle too loud street traffic. I would recommend the main Beehive location to everyone. It is fantastic value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This place is very clean and nice, professional and polite staff who all speak English perfectly, and is at a great location (a 5-min walk from the main train station). The Beehive also has very reasonable prices. My boyfriend and I stayed there once when we first got into Italy and then stayed there again just before we flew out because we liked it so much the first time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I recently spent 2 months travelling through Europe and have to say that The Beehive was the best hostel I stayed in during the whole trip. I stayed in the dorm which was great value at 20 euros a night. The first thing I have to comment on is how clean the whole place is - it was immaculate. There are plenty of bathrooms too, so no fighting for the showers (the shower gels and soaps provided were great). The hostel has a really relaxed vibe as is promoted, and knowing this, everyone in the dorm was a like minded traveller and I made some amazing friends there. Note - this is not a party hostel!! Although there is no kitchen, a small cafe is located downstairs where we ate breakfast most days. There was also a decent free wifi connection throughout the hostel. Don't be put off by the hostel being close to the termini. None of us staying there encountered any problems whatsoever in the surrounding area and it didn't feel unsafe in the slightest. In fact, it being close to the termini is incredibly handy if you arrive/depart by train as it is a 5 minute walk away. The Beehive also has a nice outdoor area to relax in which is shielded by high walls from the street, although it was a little too cold to use it the time of year I was there! I would not hesitate in recommending The Beehive and will definitely be staying there again when next in Rome.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 31 January 2012

my friend and i stayed in a private room, which was great, comfy, the location is brilliant close to the termini, so its easy to find, lots in surrounding area, would stay again

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends