“Humming happily at the Beehive” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Ranked #6 of 1,067 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Island of Hawaii
“Humming happily at the Beehive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I reserved a week at the Beehive at the suggestion of a friend. I stayed in one of the classic rooms during that time, a private room down the hall. It was one of the best decisions I made during my 5 week Italy adventure. The bed was large and comfortable, there was adequate storage for all my possessions, the sink in the room was very handy, and the Beehive staff was very friendly and responsive. The fabulous cafe downstairs made it completely unnecessary to look for most meals - and it was so inexpensive for such high quality organic fare! The location was perfect for me, as I used the metro and even the open double decker bus one day when a friend visited me from Florence. All transportation options are right there and easy to use. It was like a home away from home in a very real way.
I took a short trip to Sicily and came back to stay two nights in the 'hive'. There are eight beds, and though they were all filled, it was still a very pleasant experience. I think all the best people stay at the Beehive!
Thank you Linda, Steve, Aimee and Gian Luca for a most memorable and delightful experience!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank brynberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

We stayed here 2 different times during our italy trip. Staff was extremely helpful and had great restaurant recommendations. Both times we were there on a Saturday night and got to have a wonderful vegetarian meal by Amy. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a hotel near Termini.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Liz305111
Peshastin, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

During my stay in Rome, Italy I reserved a room for two different nights at The Beehive Hotel and Cafe. When my husband and I arrived we were welcomed by Yuli at the reception desk. She was so helpful with our sight seeing and transportation needs. The Beehive is located two/three blocks from the Termini station which is so convenient. We had a delicious breakfast to start off our day. Our room was spacious and decorated in relaxing colors. I highly recommend the Beehive to everyone......I planned my trip several months ago and got very stressed not knowing what to expect. I felt at ease after talking to Yuli and Francesca, they are very knowledgeable. We hope to visit Italy again in the future and stay at The Beehive Hotel and Cafe. Kudos to you all! Marie A.......Peshastin, WA USA

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are convenient to the computer room and cafe.....also when you have a early...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Zeist, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

For us, staying at the Beehive really made our visit to Rome that much better. The atmosphere of the hostel is stylish yet comfotable, the facilities excellent, the staff friendly and helpful and the food was great (and strictly organic!) Yes, there is some (very minimal) noice from traffic, but that is to be expecte in the heart of busy Rome and our windows were doublepaned. We stayed in a double room on the Via Maghera, a stone's throw away from Termini stationand therefore the ideal location from which to explore Rome AND not having to stress too much to catch a train or plain in the morning. There is a lush garden where you can comfortably rest your feet for a while and drink a glass of wine or beer, taking a comfortable break from the chaos of the city.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Erik G
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Our place was acacia which was the other side of termini from their main building. We had a shared shower, toilet and kitchen facility. Saved a lot cooking by ourselves. Plus market is only 1.5 block away, big plus.
Place is a bit noisy from all the restaurants on the street and tram goes past till late night and starts early morning. I sleep well even with those but my wife had some trouble.
It was like a minute walk to termini and metro. Also only about 10 minutes to Colosseo. We walked to colosseo pretty much every night we were there.
Only 4 rating because of noise but was a great place to stay. Wouldn't mind going there again.

Room Tip: Off site rooms, acacia, were pretty good only 3 rooms sharing the facility. If you like to cook your...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

Chose this hostel based on a Lonely Planet Encounter recommendation, and I couldn't be more pleased!

Online enquiry and booking were a breeze as Francesca was very prompt and helpful in her replies. She even helped me with a list of possible walking tours to join and things to do in Rome.

The hostel is located very near to the termini and in a very safe area. Food and supermarket are found nearby. I stayed in the dorm for a night and a private room for 2 nights. All guests were considerate and friendly, no issues with using the bathroom, WiFi was steady and fast.

I'll definitely stay here again if I ever head back to Rome.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank ShazSG
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We had a great stay here, we were trying to save our pennies, so we were in a dorm room and it was lovely. The outside courtyard was a peaceful place to chill out and escape the business of Rome in summer. The breakfast was fabulous, so healthy and fresh (good when dinner was mostly pizza and pasta). We would definitely stay here again if we were in Rome! The staff were lovely and really helpful. Really close to the train station, a very convenient location.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple