Corona Hotel
iQ Hotel Roma(Rome)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewstermini stationwalking distancelobby areaon footsight seeingvisiting romeinternetcheesebusesattractionsoperacolosseumroma
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was a great place to stay for travelers on a budget. It has a great location and we had no problems whatsoever. I felt a little mislead by all the raving reviews originally when we walked in the door for the first time, but after a night or two in bustling Rome, you understand why. It is rated highly because this place is the best in the area FOR THE PRICE. It is not a 5 star hotel, nor does it pretend to be. But only because of the amenities.There are no fanciness or extras. The hotel is small, but the the rooms are clean, the staff is great, there is complimentary breakfast (cold cuts, coffee, bread, etc.) and it's close to everything. The area is safe and quiet. We grew to love this place, and would happily go back. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ellikay48
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for about a week and really enjoyed myself. The staff we all very nice and there are two lounge areas which was really convenient when there are other groups in the hotel. The rooms were really great, I had plenty of space to move around and set my stuff out. I always had clean towels and sheets also. The elevator is tiny, but I was on the first floor so very few stairs to go up. The bathroom was bigger than previous bathrooms I have encountered, even the room and the set up of the furniture made space accessible and usable. I enjoyed the location of this hotel, very close to Via Nationale, the main street. I would definitely recommend this place!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Excellent hotel on quiet side street within walking distance of Termini Station (trains,tour buses, city buses, metro and airport train, taxi), Opera Theater, Viminale and Santa Maria Maggiore church. Very clean, has small sized elevator, comfortable bed, good sized quiet (our room faced the street) room and bath . TV in room but no English speaking channels/programs available. Excellent,cheerful, and helpful staff especially Andrea/Andrew,who offered to solve my problem re: a lost driver's license. Excellent breakfast included in room rate with cheerful staff in dining room which had very nice cafe-type Italian decor. Internet in large lounge area, as well as room. Some difficulty for handicapped persons (steps into hotel, only has steps down to breakfast area but they do have room service, elevator narrow, Rome streets can be steep, cobble stones a problem all over Rome but hotel manager offered to call taxi for sight-seeing and also arrange taxi pickup for airport. Very happy with this hotel--would recommend it and would stay here again

Room Tip: About 6 blocks to major transportation area around Termini Station. Restaurants all around area. Central area, great for walking and exploring---older and handicapped might need to use taxis to get to Termini station to use tour buses , trains , metro etc.
1  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Staying here on our first trip ever to Rome, my husband and I were very pleased to find the hotel within easy walking distance of the main train station. This is the main plus point to the hotel - location! From here you can easily catch a tour bus, access the Metro, walk to many good restaurants & bars plus the beautiful Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore is almost on the doorstep.
As mentioned by other reviewers the welcome at the hotel is friendly and informative, all of the staff we encountered greeted us with a smile and a pleasant greeting. The reception staff are on hand to give you tips on how to get around the city and make the most of your trip.
Rooms are clean, small but adequate, however could do with maybe a hospitality tray, and information booklet and, or so I would have liked, a mirror in the actual bedroom instead of just the bathroom. As for the bathroom, again clean and in comparison to the bedroom was spacious, the shower was amazing, perfect to wake you in the morning!
We did have a room to the back of the hotel looking out to the courtyard, we never heard any outside noise - outside was not the problem! The interior sound proofing does not exist and at times I could have sworn there were other guests in our room, the sound of them was that clear.
Breakfast was good to get you started in the morning, bread rolls, toast, cold cuts, cereal & cheese, with coffee & juice, but there are plenty of places around if you needed something more.
When visiting room again I would definitely stay in this neighbourhood, but I think a different hotel.

1  Thank GeordieBhoy
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have stayed at the Corona with my wife before, but not for some years. The young man on reception was charming and very helpful, giving tips on where to go and how to get there. When we came back after a long day out, there was another gentleman on reception, who was just as helpful and charming. The location of the hotel is good. The double rooms are adequate, but we saw inside one of the single rooms and they look very small. The breakfast was an improvement on years back. A good hotel for a couple of nights, but no longer

Room Tip: Try to pick a room at the back. The rooms at the front open straight onto the street.
1  Thank Richard A