“good city stay”

Corona Hotel
Ranked #432 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Convenient location for our arrival at the Termini Rail Station. and located in a quiet side street. Very quiet inside hotel -was amazed when we opened the window in the morning to find a full blown street market in the street below when we hadn't heard a thing during them setting up!
Well situated for the Via Urbana nearby where there were lots a great places to eat, particularly Silvio Alla Subarra ,a friendly family Trattoria serving great food.
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful, particularly Andrew.

2  Thank nhbarnes

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My friend and I returned to the Corona Hotel,scene of our stay when stranded in Rome in 2010 due to the ash cloud. I have stayed at the Corona in 2011 with my husband and again last year with family.
We had a great reception from Luciano,his son and the other members of staff,it's really like staying with friends.
We had a quiet room on the 4th floor,at the front of the hotel.
The hotel was very busy and there was a real buzz around the place.
We both enjoyed our pizzas at the Strega restaurant at the top of the street and turn left,next to the chemist.
Alessio on the right,higher up on Via Viminale was our choice for dining on 2 evenings-it is wonderful but suggest booking as it is always busy.
We tried a new restaurant ,Al Viminale on Piazza del Viminale,food was good but they only take cash or Visa.
We always look foward to our trips to Rome and the Hotel Corona.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank farthews
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Thanks to its location, this hotel is easy to reach, near the train and metro station. Quite a few touristic places of Rome are within walking distance from the hotel.
We slept very well thanks to the quiet street (also on the street side as we were).
This hotel is not a luxury one but it offered us a pleasant stay: kind service, clean room, breakfast with buffet in a nice cellar.

1  Thank Florian H
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was a great place to stay for travelers on a budget. It has a great location and we had no problems whatsoever. I felt a little mislead by all the raving reviews originally when we walked in the door for the first time, but after a night or two in bustling Rome, you understand why. It is rated highly because this place is the best in the area FOR THE PRICE. It is not a 5 star hotel, nor does it pretend to be. But only because of the amenities.There are no fanciness or extras. The hotel is small, but the the rooms are clean, the staff is great, there is complimentary breakfast (cold cuts, coffee, bread, etc.) and it's close to everything. The area is safe and quiet. We grew to love this place, and would happily go back. Recommended.

3  Thank Ellikay48
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for about a week and really enjoyed myself. The staff we all very nice and there are two lounge areas which was really convenient when there are other groups in the hotel. The rooms were really great, I had plenty of space to move around and set my stuff out. I always had clean towels and sheets also. The elevator is tiny, but I was on the first floor so very few stairs to go up. The bathroom was bigger than previous bathrooms I have encountered, even the room and the set up of the furniture made space accessible and usable. I enjoyed the location of this hotel, very close to Via Nationale, the main street. I would definitely recommend this place!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Excellent hotel on quiet side street within walking distance of Termini Station (trains,tour buses, city buses, metro and airport train, taxi), Opera Theater, Viminale and Santa Maria Maggiore church. Very clean, has small sized elevator, comfortable bed, good sized quiet (our room faced the street) room and bath . TV in room but no English speaking channels/programs available. Excellent,cheerful, and helpful staff especially Andrea/Andrew,who offered to solve my problem re: a lost driver's license. Excellent breakfast included in room rate with cheerful staff in dining room which had very nice cafe-type Italian decor. Internet in large lounge area, as well as room. Some difficulty for handicapped persons (steps into hotel, only has steps down to breakfast area but they do have room service, elevator narrow, Rome streets can be steep, cobble stones a problem all over Rome but hotel manager offered to call taxi for sight-seeing and also arrange taxi pickup for airport. Very happy with this hotel--would recommend it and would stay here again

Room Tip: About 6 blocks to major transportation area around Termini Station. Restaurants all around area. Ce...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Staying here on our first trip ever to Rome, my husband and I were very pleased to find the hotel within easy walking distance of the main train station. This is the main plus point to the hotel - location! From here you can easily catch a tour bus, access the Metro, walk to many good restaurants & bars plus the beautiful Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore is almost on the doorstep.
As mentioned by other reviewers the welcome at the hotel is friendly and informative, all of the staff we encountered greeted us with a smile and a pleasant greeting. The reception staff are on hand to give you tips on how to get around the city and make the most of your trip.
Rooms are clean, small but adequate, however could do with maybe a hospitality tray, and information booklet and, or so I would have liked, a mirror in the actual bedroom instead of just the bathroom. As for the bathroom, again clean and in comparison to the bedroom was spacious, the shower was amazing, perfect to wake you in the morning!
We did have a room to the back of the hotel looking out to the courtyard, we never heard any outside noise - outside was not the problem! The interior sound proofing does not exist and at times I could have sworn there were other guests in our room, the sound of them was that clear.
Breakfast was good to get you started in the morning, bread rolls, toast, cold cuts, cereal & cheese, with coffee & juice, but there are plenty of places around if you needed something more.
When visiting room again I would definitely stay in this neighbourhood, but I think a different hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple