“Excellent Location”
Review of Cosmopolita Hotel

Cosmopolita Hotel
Ranked #296 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Absolutely perfect location. Turn right from the hotel down the laneway and opening up to your left are ancient ruins and walk alongside them leads you down the road to the Colosseum. Turn left out of the hotel and just head on down to the markets, squares, the Pantheon etc etc.

There service at reception was great, the breakfast good and the room was very nice too. There is added security once you pass the foyer heading towards the elevator and rooms, I guess extra security is a bonus. I kept forgetting when leaving resulting in some humorous antics at the closed glass door.

Only negatives was being disappointed that I had to pay extra for wifi. I did eventually work out that there was basically NO free wifi anywhere in the city! So my advice, pay the extra and save yourself the hassle.

Otherwise than that one minor thing, we both thought the Cosmopolita Hotel was just perfect for us.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,307)

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

What an amazing hotel! Walking distance from the colosseum, from the trevi fountain, and everything else is an extremely short journey and you have the option of trams and busses to get you there. I cannot express how perfect the location is! 10 out of 10!

Staff at check in were superb! The receptionist that checked us in was outstandingly friendly from the moment we walked through the door. We were travelling as a group of three young ladies and had requested a triple room, which we had been given. Our receptionist gave us all the information we could possibly need without even having to ask, which left me and my group of friends completely clued up with the hotel and nearby area. Every time we passed the reception they would greet us and be happy to help with anything!

We used the bar whilst staying at the hotel, coffees were €1 and the staff were brilliant. We would visit the bar for coffee in the morning before heading out or the day and for a glass of wine in the evening when returning back. Very well run bar, clean and tidy and efficient staff.

Although some regular travellers may comment the rooms are not a 4* standard with regards to luxury, me and my group found them to be very cute with wonderful views of the architecture. The rooms were immaculately clean and the housekeeping team provided us with clean towels every day and freshened beds. Cannot fault the rooms for cleanliness.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, I wouldn't even bother looking around for a cheap deal on a comparison website... I would go directly to the hotel website and book. Both of the girls I travelled with agree.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank HELLODAVE_xX
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My wife and I recently returned form a 7 day trip to Rome. We had read some of the complaints about the hotel on TripAdvisor and after being there we had a very different experience. We really loved the location, it was close to everything! It was only a few steps away from the Roman Forum and the Tomb of the Unknown Solider. We stayed in Superior Room and we never saw any of the standard rooms, so we can't speak on their size, but the size of our room was excellent. We had room to move around comfortably and enough room for our 3 suitcases. We did come across reviews saying that the room gets really cold and that there isn't a comforter. Our room came with a comforter and it actually got too hot at times although we were there in December. A few times we ended up opening the balcony doors to let fresh air in at night since the room retained a lot of heat. Overall we really liked the hotel and would stay here again if we were to return to Rome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony H
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Hotel staff was friendly and it was quiet. It was decorated tastefully and was clean. the only downside was the bed was not comfortable, was pretty hard to sleep on, we found this the case with most hotels here. The location was great for seeing everything. overall a good experience.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is a great hotel, perfectly located for all of Rome's highlights, we could even walk to Trastevere in a matter of 15 mins, great!
The staff were very polite and helpful, especially in the breakfast room.
Loved how secure the hotel was with the separate card entry sliding door that leads to the rooms. After reading some reviews we thought our room would be tiny but it was so much bigger than the room I rent in London so felt very spoilt! Great shower and bathroom.
Couldn't fault it at all. So pleasant, definitely stay again 100%.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed for 12 nights. If anything needed you simply have to tell the front desk. The rooms were clean. I liked the wood floor instead of carpet. This was a triple which I didn't feel too small even with our very large bags.Felt very secure as a room key was needed to access the rooms from the front lobby. The safe was in a wardrobe which could also be locked. The public bus system is cheap and easy to use. Bus 64 dropped us off very close to the Vatican. Easy walk to the colosseum. There are so many great sights within easy walking distance. Nothing was crowded as we always travel off season.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, tell the management once you have booked. You must go up to the Roo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise D
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have visited Rome 3 times & stayed at this hotel twice, the 2nd time my 21 year old son came with us, he then stayed with his girlfriend in Nov 2013. I am staying again in July 2014. Excellent location to ALL attractions. Great restaurants near by. Breakfast is buffet style. As we normally go in December the terrace restaurant hasn't been open, so hopefully we can visit next time. However the glass bar we have visited, it is small, but they make great cocktails. I would have no hesitation to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple