“Perfect location”
Review of Cosmopolita Hotel

Cosmopolita Hotel
Ranked #311 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were only in Rome for 2 nights and this was just fine. Just a basic hotel room, but very clean and spacious. The bathroom was very spacious too. The mattresses were as hard as a rock, but we were so tired we didn't care. We arrived at 10 am and was prepared for our early check in, but the room wasn't ready. The front desk was okay, not the friendliest, but the bellmen were very friendly to us and our bags. The location is perfect and our room was actually pretty quiet, given how busy Rome is. We were in walking distance from the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and some other little piazzas. We took a 7 euro cab ride to the subway, and the subway was about a 4-5 stop ride to the Vatican. If we ever go back to Rome, we will stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CosmopolitaRoma, Direttore at Cosmopolita Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Christy M,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay at the Hotel Cosmopolita!
I am glad that you enjoyed our enviable location so close to the most important monuments in the historical centre of Rome. I am also glad to know that the room assigned was spacious and met your needs.
Concerning the mattress I am so afraid you don’t find it very comfortable. While there is no one mattress that is perfect for all travellers, after nearly 20 years of service here, I have learned that usually firmer beds are the better option for pleasing the majority and we invite our guests to let us know if they would like to customize their comfort, every guest's comment help us to improve our services!
The Front Desk Staff often get compliments on how friendly and helpful they are so I apologize that the same quality service was not completely extended to you during your stay.
After reviewing your comments, we are now looking for ways to improve our interactions with in house guests.
I would also like to note that check in time is at 2.00 pm, in case of early arrival if the room is just ready is immediately assigned, in case not we have or storage at guest’s disposal to keep luggage until check in time.
Thank you very much again for your review and I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Rome.

Kindest regards

There are newer reviews for Cosmopolita Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2014

You can't find a better location to stay in Rome unless you are primarily there to see the Vatican. The Colosseum and ruins are walking distance in one direction, the Trevi fountain in the other, and the pantheon and piazza navonna as well. The hotel itself is fine and the staff were very kind too.

1  Thank MikiJuli
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel was nice and in a good location. However, if you get a room bordering the street you won't get much sleep as it is very very loud. Breakfast was ok but not included and they didn't have a price for children. It was a flat fee for everyone. The location is one block to the forum and colosseum.

2  Thank dmsmass

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Hotel Cosmopolita!
I am glad that the location of our hotel and the room assigned suited your needs during this recent stay in Rome with your family.
The rooms facing on the main street and that have a wonderful view, are a little bit noisy, as the hotel is in the centre of the city that is crowded day and night. Rooms are all furnished with soundproofed windows, anyway some guests prefer not to face the street as these rooms may be found to be more serene, so this is my suggestion for your next stay with us!
Breakfast is usually not included in our rate and available at our The Glass Bar & restaurant at the promotional price of € 7.50. I have forwarded to our F&B Manager your comment about a children menu for breakfast that will be taken in consideration for future improvement.
Again thank you for your kind review, I hope to welcome you and your family soon!
Best regards

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The location is pretty good, the colosseum, trevi, piazza navona is walking distance. Although other travellers mentioned about the six of bathroom, it was big enough. We stayed at the first floor, and didn't hear the street noise either. We arrived around 11:00 am, and the room was already ready. The front desk was very helpful, but I really don't understand to block 20 Euro per night/person for using minibar which has nothing special in it. The breakfast was 7.50 Euro each, but nothing special. The omelet was 5 Euro, I personally prefer to pay just for the omelet not the I have a chance.
There are so many 4 star hotel in Rome, and this one is on of them. Don't expect anything special, if you have the chance to book with a reasonable price just book it.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Cosmopolita for five nights early this month. The hotel is in an excellent location within walking distance of Trevi, Spanish Steps and around the corner from the Forum. Our allocated room was very small and sparsely furnished with the tiniest bathroom I've ever seen. Once you squeezed into the toilet space it was necessary to sit sideways. An appeal to the staff and we had a new much larger room with a spacious bathroom.
Breakfast had something for everyone - a large variety of hot and cold foods. The staff were all wonderful, friendly and helpful and I'd definitely stay again.
There's also a small shop over the road where you can pick up basic food, wine, and quality gifts.

Room Tip: If you've paid top money, don't accept those tiny rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juzcruzin

Dear Juzcruzin,

thank you very much for your positive review of the Hotel Cosmopolita.
I am very pleased to hear that your stay was to your satisfaction and that our location was very convenient to visit the most important monuments in Rome, that are all at walking distance.
As you may imagine, being in a building constructed in the XVIII century, space is at such a premium in the city centre, so I am afraid that the first room assigned did not meet your needs and I am glad that the front desk staff found you a better accommodation.

Thank you also for your comments regarding the breakfast and the service provided to you, comments which have been very gratefully received by all the Restaurant staff.
I hope to have the chance to welcome you again for you next visit to Rome!
Warm regards

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just stayed at the hotel May 23-31. The location is fantastic. Quick walks to the Colosseum, Piazza Navona, Trevi and much more. Plenty of restaurants in the area so good food is a short walk away. I arrived before check-in and they had a room ready for me within 10 minutes. Max at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. The room itself was fine but the shower was tiny (Room 116 for those curious). This almost caused me to give the review 3 stars but the staff really makes it a 4. I am sure they would have given me a different room if I had asked but I was used to the shower after the first night. The air conditioning in the room worked great. It was nice to come back to the room after a long day and have it nice and cool. The mini bar was stocked nicely but I never used it. Right across the street is a shop for snacks and drinks so I recommend going there instead. As many have noted the lift is small which was not an issue for me being on the first floor but someone higher up might find it an inconvenience. You need the room key to access the area where the lift and stairs are so keep that in mind (it is behind a glass sliding door). The free WiFi was great and actually worked all the way across the street. Overall I had a nice stay and would recommend if you do not get a room with a tiny shower.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danny S
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Cosmopolita last month for a week during our vacation to Italy. Check in is not until 2:00 PM local time, so those arriving at the Rome aiport at 7:30 am or so on early overseas flights will easily have their bags and in Rome's city center or the hotel by 9:30 am. Problem is, check in is not until 2:00 pm, so after a long flight you'll have to find something to do until check in time! We passed the time by walking down to the Colosseum, strolling around and seeing the sights there, eating lunch, and doing some minor shopping. The check in was quite easy and we were on our way to our room on the 3rd floor relatively easy. Then came the problem: our room's air conditioner did not work. We worked and worked to try to get it running, and the porter even came up to try his hand at it. Nothing worked, and he said it may be the next morning (Monday) before they could get a maintenance techinician to look at it. I told them that we would need to be moved to another room asap, and the front desk manager accommodated us easily without any hassle. The room was nice, though the shower is a bit small/cramped. The room was quiet and we could not hear any outside noise, but when you're in the hallways you can easily hear people talking in their rooms. Despite putting the "do not disturb" hang tag on the door knob outside (we prefer not to have the housekeeping make up our bed and clean up each day), they came in anyway every single day we were there and did their thing. Not a real big deal, so we didn't mention it to the front desk. Whenever we needed them to call a taxi for us, there was one waiting outside at the door liteally within 1-3 minutes. The hotel has a restaurant located on premises, and while the breakfast is quite a spread, it's nothing super special. I preferred the restaurant's other meals at lunch. They had an awesome grilled chicken salad with oil and vinegar dressing! Across the main street there is a market where you can pick up wines, liquors, soft drinks, chips, candy, and some basic toiletries that a traveler may encounter needing. Up the hill and to the left down a small alleyway toward the Trevi Fountain is an excellent restaurant we ate at twice called La Lanterne. Great food and service. There is no Neutrogena soap, shampoo, or conditioner in the hotel rooms as the hotel website's pictures seem to indicate; rather, they only have at the sink and in the shower a hanging squeeze bottle of Dove liquid body wash. The rooftop terrace is probably not well known by most guests, as it is not really advertised by the hotel. Take the lift up to the 5th floor and follow the signs. The views are incredible, and you can see St. Peter's Bascilica in the distance. Lots of lovely plants and flowers up there, as well as chairs and tables, which makes for a perfect spot to dine. Grab your own lunch from the downstairs restaurant for take out, or purchase your own wine and cheeses and make your own picnic lunch or dinner up on the rooftop terrace for an incredile experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple