“Great location and nice breakfast”
Review of Hotel Ponte Sisto

Hotel Ponte Sisto
Ranked #135 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The location of this hotel is fantastic. Many good restaurants nearby. The breakfast is great and rooms are nice and clean. So rooms can be a little noisy, specially rooms facing Ponte Sisto. Roomprices can be a little high. A lower price will result in star no. 5 from us. We will absolutely return next year...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mads E

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This trip was with a group, and the Hotel was located in a great location, we visited the Piazza Novona, Trevi Fountain, Vativan and the Roman Forum, the staff at the hotel always there to give information, what I like was the fresh seasonal flowers in the hotel, the courtyard garden was nice to see. I will go back once more/

Room Tip: Because flights from north America arrived about 9:00 am it's best to request an early checking...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Whilst I found the reception staff very distant, this hotel is in a great position close to many of the sites and good restaurants. It is convenient to walk anywhere from here and the car service from the airport is worth the €55. My room was clean and well appointed. The breakfast in the courtyard is a treat

Room Tip: I had a room at the rear of the hotel so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Julie G
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I chose this Hotel after reading loads of reviews. That meant I wasn't worried by a bit of graffiti on the street walls near the entrance, because I knew that when I walked through the doors I would find a lovely Hotel. Yes the rooms are a little small, but so are all the Italian ones that I have stayed in. We were in a quiet room and had no noise problems at all. Lovely friendly staff; great breakfast in pretty courtyard; shower good; comfy beds (pillows a bit hard though but if we had asked I'm sure they would have changed them); very clean and super relaxed atmosphere. Great position to walk almost everywhere we wanted to visit across Rome. Getting Roma Pass at the airport was a good tip and meant no queueing at the Colosseum. Please be careful there, someone on our plane had money and driving licence etc pinched out of a buttoned down pocket at the Colosseum. One other tip, if you want to visit Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini you need to book in advance for an English tour. It is all done digitally and we ended up on the French version as we hadn't booked and my translations didn't do justice to the wonderful show. Next time we go to Rome we would definitely go to Hotel Ponte Sisto. Thanks again all previous Reviewers!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room well in advance.I emailed direct after travel agent had already booked
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Leximum
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We got the triple room which was very large for a European hotel, although I would have preferred two rooms. The shower was still poor by American standards due to the lack of a stall but that affects all European bathrooms so I am not going to hold these guys liable for that.

Its centrally located, the staff is great, the breakfast is great, its clean, and has a nice chill courtyard.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank petesperl
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Don't be put off by the scruffy street. The hotel is lovely and spotlessly clean. Staff all very helpful. Buffett breakfast in the garden was lovely and great choice. Good wifi even on the 5th floor. I felt very safe in the area even though I was on my own. Suprised how quiet my room was. No traffic noise at all. My only problem was that the bed and the pillows were very hard so I didn't sleep well. Good location for visiting the Vatican but it's a 25min walk from the metro and there aren't many busses in that area. Although Rome is easily walkable, not having the option to use public transport at type end of a long day is a shame.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Cabbagepatchvicky
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We arrived at the Hotel Ponte Sisto which was up a narrow side street off the River Tevere, Rome.

The entrance was fairly unimpressive but once stepped inside the welcoming feel and the friendly service and staff were a warm relief. Our triple room/ 'suite' (excited) was amazing, spacious, clean, well-equipped and when introduced to our terrace, which we expected to be a teeny balcony looking over the street, our jaws dropped. A spacious alcove from the street with easy chairs and table, dining table & chairs and enormous parasol. The friendly staff were v helpful and as happy as us to show us around. Room overall was very comfortable and luxurious.

Breakfast was served in an internal, outdoor courtyard, was buffet style and had a wide variety of choice from cereals, continental and cooked with delicious coffee and 'cornetto' (croissants). Staff were very friendly, helpful yet relaxed.

The location was excellent, in between the Vatican City and the Coliseum and all major tourist attractions and open-top bus stations were in walking distance.

Would definitely stay here again and recommend to family and friends...perfect in every way xx

Room Tip: If there's 3 or 4 of you ask for room 423 which is a suite with a wonderful terrace which was we...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends