“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #216 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
NYC
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I just returned from Rome. I stayed 4 nights at this hotel with my sister. We loved everything about this hotel- the friendly staff, amazing location, beautiful lobby/breakfast room, and our room itself which was spacious, clean, and comfortable.
The location of the hotel is wonderful as it is right next to the Pantheon. After a full day of siteseeing, it was great to people watch in the piazza overlooking the Pantheon.
If I had to pick out the only negative of this otherwise outstanding hotel, I would have to say the weak air conditioning, especially during the nights. With temperatures in the 90s, the room was very warm which made it hard to sleep at times. I would imagine this not being an issue when the weather cools a bit. Regardless of this issue, this hotel was beautiful and modern but also had old world charm. If I return to Rome, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel has a top class location you can walk to all the main sites (other than the Vatican).
Service was really great and cleanliness was great too. A really lovely hotel. By far the best part is the rooftop restaurant and bar its absolutely beautiful and fantastic food.

I would highly recommend this hotel, the only slight downside is that the room was quite simple and basic for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel on an overnight stop in the eternal city. We arrived earlier than check in, so we didn't expect a room to be ready, but we were pleased to hear it was ready. That's where the good news ended. It took nearly 20 minutes to check us in. We were hot (it was almost 40 degrees outside), and just needed to freshen up and have a cold drink. We were eventually given a room key card and told the room was on the 4th floor. We arrived outside the room to find the "do not disturb" sign on the door, and we could hear talking inside. Back down to reception we went, and it took a further 30 mins to sort it all out. Eventually we got another room on the 6th floor. This is the roof floor, and felt like it was a bit of an add on. The room itself was okay, but the bathroom was rubbish. Very small and tired with no shutters on the windows, so if you had a light on the rest of the rooms could see in !!! Soft drinks in the bar were extortionate, 18 euros for 2 lemonades ! After doing a bit of sight seeing, we returned to the hotel again very hot and glad of the air con and another cold drink, despite the price. Unfortunately the bar was closed (it was about 4pm), and the roof top bar was now open. Great views, but hot hot hot and just what we didn't want. Waited 15 mins to get a drink, and then it wasn't what we ordered ! The bar staff were not very friendly and not very helpful. The doorman was the best, very friendly and helpful ! I certainly don't consider this a 5 star hotel. We didn't eat at their restaurant because the price was way over the top and judging by the rest of the hotel we decided to give it a miss !

Room Tip: Don't have a room on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I would look no further when checking out where to stay in Rome. Everything about this hotel was fantastic. The staff were really amazing. Before they allocated a room for me and my 2 teenage boys they showed us 2 rooms to see which we preferred. Room was amazing, overlooking the piazza. Breakfast was excellent. Interiors were lovely. This really is a very special hotel with such welcoming staff that make you feel at home. When my husband arrived unexpected the next day they went out of their way to accommodate him. Roof bar is a must. Cannot wait to return!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the piazza
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had great pleasure and a memorable experience staying here. First off, location is amazing. Walked out the front door every day, took a different path out of the Piazza and just enjoyed all the different nooks and crannies not mentioned or overlooked in any guide book. Staff were always helpful and pleasant, suggested we buy tickets to St. Peter’s once we got there through a broker. Worked marvelously! We got in within 20 minutes and avoided the long arduous line (about 3 hrs at the least). Our room was very spacious, immaculate and comfortable with a 20 ft high ceiling. The room faced a courtyard and in the distance, we could see cupulas and other iconic landmarks. The rooftop bar is a must; you can’t stay here and not go there at least once for a drink. Our only disappointment was the very expensive breakfast. It’s nothing out of the ordinary for the price. As they say, When in Rome, head out for a cappuccino and pastry, call it a Roman breakfast.

Room Tip: A room that face the Hotel's courtyard in the back, Think ours was 504 or 503, traveled in May c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pepecrusader70
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel five years ago and returned again because of the location. Everything is walkable and there is absolutely no need to take public transportation. This hotel is a former palace and you can see traces of it's former life in the lobby and staircases. The public areas of the hotel are beautiful.

I found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Another family we were traveling with requested a new room after already checking in and they were happy to accommodate and move them. The staff were also very patient and helpful with maps and directions. They allowed me to use their computer to print boarding passes and tour tickets too.

The rooms are a bit dated but not bad. I liked the fact that our room had wood like floors, which in my opinion, seems cleaner than carpeting. Another nice feature was that the bathroom had a window that opened. I love the extra daylight we gained. The beds were comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was overpriced so we ate elsewhere. We thoroughly enjoyed the rooftop bar and it's gorgeous skyline at night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 night is July. The rooms are very spacious and the beds were comfortable. I also thought the breakfast was very good. When I asked them to make a reservation at a local restaurant (I had the name I had found on trip advisor), they tried to do this for me but the restaurant was closed. They offered to book in another restaurant close to the hotel. I found the food very average. I would recommend picking restaurants based on Trip Advisor reviews as opposed to following the hotel recommendations. Other than this, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family