Lock in the lowest price from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2016

The good:
-clean room
-comfy bed
-helpful, English speaking staff
-location (kind of...)

The bad:
-be careful of fraudulent claims on credit card (I was unfortunate to have my credit card fall victim to fraud straight after booking at this hotel. Ok it's probably just my bad luck and coincidence, but it was the beginning of the negative issues for me).
-hot water issues in bathroom (sometimes just didn't work, other times always changing hot cold).
-sink plug couldn't eject
-old, noisy heater
-no English channels on TV
-dirty kettle (had to change many times)
-reception woman kept disappearing when we needed her
-wifi connection poor
-breakfast (monotonous, cramped in room, never asked to change from first time we filled in breakfast form, doesn't resemble photos)

Overall, from the moment we walked into this hotel we were disappointed. We wanted to change after our first night but were told we couldn't. Ok granted Rome is expensive but I really would say to others look elsewhere if paying a similar price to us (80GBP/night) - not worth it! I saw on the reception computer some guests were paying a fraction of what we were so I am dubious about their pricing. I would stay here for the cheaper rates but it is certainly not worth the higher rates! What they've basically done here is cram lots of rooms into an old apartment style building and while the new modern decorations and furniture may show on the outside, on the inside there are many problems. The reception staff while nice, kept disappearing and we had numerous wifi issues so they were never there to help. Again, if you don't use wifi not a big deal but I enjoyed watching documentaries on ancient Rome etc and it was a pain to have to walk out of my room, down the corridor to get a connection. Also, they cleaned the room well but every day there was some small issue - a cup was missing, a dirty spoon, the bin moved etc. Also, the location is ok but after visiting Rome a day or two we learnt that it's quite a walkable city, we hardly used the metro in the end. There are many more hotels at more central locations. Overall stay here if you get a cheap rate, otherwise avoid!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick W
Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

The b&b is at an excellent location, just 20m from lepanto metro station. There is also a bus station just outside the building from where you can take a bus to the historical center. It was always clean and the staff was more than helpful. Constantine, the guy at the reception was great. Safe area with many great traditional restaurants nearby. It was well heated, even though it was very cold outside. It was annoying that the air conditioning was very noisy. Breakfast was served in the room, which was nice, but it was very simple and they should provide more quantity. WiFi in the room a bit weak, but it was ok. Overall, I was very satisfied and I would recommend it. Good value of money.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2015

really enjoyed our stay at residenzia i rioni! wonderful hosts, really nicely decorated place, central, in walking distance to anything you need in rome.would definately come back!the owner did everything to please and assist us even in last minute issues.thank you!!love from greece. (stayed 4 nights)

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2015

I don't know how this place got so many reviews about being "clean". I stayed one night, leaving early the next morning to catch a flight. That first day the water in my sink ran brown. I ofcourse said something and they told me that it was because the other rooms were under construction. The B&b occupies several rooms in an apartment building they were adding two rooms, which did make a significant amount of noise during the day. The shower head was broken and sprayed everywhere! It got the floor soaked just turning it on. No extra towels were provided to clean this up with. A shower head is not an expensive piece to replace so I don't understand why they have one that works so badly. Also, the toilet makes a terrible noise after you flush it. The worst thing was that the shower drain was backed up with who knows what so the whole thing filled with water quickly. In the end I couldn't even use it. I should also mention that the mattress is thin and uncomfortable. This place is wayyy too expensive for what you get. There are so many other places in Rome to stay, if I had known all this from the start there is no way I would have payed more than $100 to stay here. They give a menu for breakfast, which is served in the room but there is no fruit on it. On the plus side, it is in a good location. Well connected. There is free wifi but bad connection - at least for me.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank 954elisec
Reviewed 15 June 2015

The idea of Residenza Rioni is quite brilliant - take away the frills you don't need (24-hour concierge, bellhops, and the like) and amp up those you do (a clean, comfortable room, delicious breakfast, excellent location) and pass the savings onto the traveler. Located in an authentic Roman neighborhood, Rioni offers the basics - a shower, bed with down comforter, air conditioning and WiFi. It's also close to one of the best and most extravagant gelato shoppes in Rome (Cafe Portofino). The metro is a block away, but my fiance and I preferred to walk everywhere to take in the sights and explore the neighborhood, and were able to get to some of the classic ones like the Pantheon in about 35 minutes. We loved the extremely helpful staff and were very pleased overall with the value of Residenza Rioni.

Date of stay: June 2015