“Excellent and feel like at home”
Review of Le Petit Real

and 1 more site!
Le Petit Real
Ranked #1,288 of 3,742 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2010

This special hotel, which located at the 4th floor of a building, is B&B with a wonderful mood. I felt at home from the begining of our stay (even ate breakfast with my pyjamas).
The room is big and ventilated with no noises from outside, with aircondition and deposit box and very comfortable. The service is great.
The hotel located few steps from termini at completly safe area.
I am sure I will come back to this hotel!
Shoshi

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2010

We went to Rome for our mini moon and booked the Real De Luxe, at first we walked past it but once we found it (its just a front door with a small sign so you have to look out for it) we were pleasantly surprised. The building has residents and other holiday companies in it but it is very clean and well decorated. We went to reception (on the 4th floor I think) and they booked us in. We had paid for a Superior Double Room with a Rain Shower and if I'm honest we weren't overally impressed. The lady said she would show us another room which was gorgeous and so we moved and she charged us the same price as the original. The room was lovely and although it didn't have a rain shower it had a jacuzzi shower which wasn't the greatest but the room made up for it. It had a small fridge with free water in and coffee/tea making facilities and they gave us a free bottle of wine to celebrate. The breakfast was generally good, fresh pastries delivered daily, yoghurt, toast, cereal etc.
While we were there the volcano in Iceland erupted and so we couldn't get home, the staff were fantastic called the airport for us and Ryan Air (who were crap). We headed to the airport with our luggage to discover the flights had been cancelled and the hotel let us go back and stay. We couldn't afford the posh room but they let us stay in another room which was cheaper but was still lovely, they reduced the price (I think they felt sorry for us) and continued to help us with flights. Towels were changed every 2 days and they gave you shower gel and shampoo which is great if your stay unexpectedly goes from 4 days to 10. The location is amazing, 5 minute walk to the metro, easy walk (15minutes) to the Colosseum and other sights.
Overall staff were friendly, helpful and wonderful, rooms clean, spacious and well decorated, location fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jones1004
Reviewed 5 July 2010

The hotel has very clean rooms, very friendly helpful staff that will set aside time to explain the city to you and how to get around. The breakfast was great and had a large range of food and beverage choices.The room was warm with a heatpump installed and lovely shower with what seemed to be continuous hot water...great for my son who loves to play in the water.The beds were average, a little hard for my liking but by the end of a long day sight-seeing, we were too tired to care. All in all, if I went to Rome again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed in an executive room... it's really like an apartment rental, not a hotel or a B&B. They say they are only available 8-4:30 but even when I wanted to pay (has to be in cash only) at 3:30, no one was around. Even waited an hour. Also, door lock didn't work, TV remote didn't work, safe didn't work and they had to bring us batteries for both (but that took a day so no one cleaned).

Breakfast was really bad. There was fruit one day ot of five. Other than that, there was white bread and the same pastries that sat there day after day. Coffee machine only worked for espresso, not coffee. Breakfast room and common areas not air conditioned, so it was quite hot even in the morning.

The staff was very pleasant, but the actual place lacked real quality. They say the have WIFI, but 95% of the time it didn't come in. They have cool lights in the shower, but no AC; they don't replace the towels, just fold up the ones you've used; they have spray jets, but many don't work; they have a flat screen, but mainly informercials; they say it's a tempupedic matress, but its not. Overall, I think they were trying, but the place is just an apartment rental.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cato17
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We stayed at this charming B&B for only 2 nights (May 13th and 14th) and had the opportunity to see two separate rooms as we were travelling together with my in-laws and our kids. We had 2 Superior Rooms (opposite one another). I believe ours was slightly bigger since there were also two single beds in the room for the kids. We didn’t feel cramped, but then we didn’t spend much time in the room either. Each room was designed slightly differently and each room was extremely clean (I didn't hit a gasket when the kids hid under the beds, that's how clean it really was).

I must admit that I was a wee bit anxious about the place after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor, i.e. I didn't have high expectations for the breakfast, but I was pleasantly surprised. I did feel good about the fact that it was listed in my bible, "The Lonely Planet”. I would have felt a bit calmer if I didn’t have to carry all that cash with me, they don’t accept credit cards, but then most B&B’s don’t. Hopefully they’ll change this policy someday soon.

Finding the place was a bit difficult in the dark despite the directions I received via email from the staff and “google maps”. But then again, I didn't (and still don't) understand the logic of the street numbering in Italy :-) To help you, right next door to the B&B is a restaurant and the sign in front of the building is very small, keep in mind that this is an apartment style B&B and the name appears on a list with other apartment owners. Keep this in mind and you'll be fine. Also, look for the beautiful wooden doors.
As far as the elevator goes, if you love your travel companions, it's fine. Meaning, yes it's extremely small but it serves its purpose. Anyway, running up and down the stairs is much more fun (after you get rid of the luggage).

The kids loved the bathroom, with lights radiating from the glass sink and the huge shower, but it was a bit crapped in there due to the space the shower took up. But, strange use of space, in my opinion. The kids were also intrigued by the bidet, which they had never seen before, but became familiar with it as it was found even in public toilets.

About the noise from the street below, it really wasn’t that bad at all. First of all the glass was pretty thick, but in addition, there were these special shutters which shut out most of the noise. We didn’t need to use the air-conditioner so shutting the windows with the shutters was fine, but in the summer, I can imagine that it would be extremely hot. I did notice that there was an air conditioner on the wall, although I didn’t see where to turn it on from, so you might want to ask about this. But hey, you're in such a great location, a five-minute walk over to the train/ metro station and you're on the metro (subway) to the Vatican or the Spanish steps in a matter of minutes!

The breakfast: true the coffee machine wasn’t great, but why drink coffee from a machine anyway when just down the street you can grab yourself an excellent cup of coffee? Breakfast was basic, but much more than expected, yogurt, pastries, basic white bread, even cornflakes and cold cuts. Nothing special, but good enough for us. Also, the staff kept replenishing. If you want a more lavish breakfast, I’m afraid you’ll just have to pay more at another B&B.

The staff and owner (which I had the opportunity to meet upon arrival at around 21:00 in the evening) were extremely helpful and very cordial. The offered to order us a special taxi/ mini-bus (there were six of us) to drive us to the airport to pick-up our rental car to continue our trip to Tuscany. This was extremely helpful since it was raining that day and we had too much luggage to walk over to the train station. We should have done this upon arrival as well, it would have saved us a bit of a headache. I recommend doing this, especially if you’re travelling with kids. They also gave us a few recommendations for restaurants in the area.

Don’t worry about walking around at night, really not a problem at all. I didn’t feel the least bit threatened when we walked from the train station to the B&B (with my kids). Do be sure to let the staff know at approximately what time you’re arriving, if after reception hours (they don’t live on the premises) and send them a text message or call if you will be later than expected. Remember this is not a hotel, it’s a B&B.

I would definitely recommend this B&B to my friends and would be delighted to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2010

This is a fantastic little B&B near Termini train station. After reading numerous reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to give it a go and were overall happy with our stay.

We had been given an upgrade to an "executive room" (up from a superior room). As noted previously, and on their website, the B&B has rooms in two separate buildings.

On arrival in our 'building' we were impressed by the size and cleanliness, but slightly disappointed with the décor in our room. Although sufficient, it wasn't what we would have expected for an "executive room", especially after viewing pictures of other executive rooms here on TA.

However - the room was very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable and we were both happy with it. The bathroom is the selling point of the room - amazing waterfall shower head with navy blue shiny tiles - it almost looked a bit out of place in the dull and disappointing room! It was a bit impractical though, as past reviewers have mentioned it appears to be a case of style of substance - the shower has to be turned on once you're actually in it as the handle to turn it on is at the back of the cubicle, meaning you get quite a cold awakening as the vents spray out water from the side the second you get in. The door is mirrored on both sides - and is extremely heavy, to the point where it was a mission to open and close it, so although it looked nice - there wasn't really any point to it!

I also woke up on a few occasions to the noise of people entering the B&B at odd hours of the morning - not a problem - but the doors to the room are heavy, but paper-thin, and the banging of doors and people talking could be heard.

Breakfast was ok - there were pastries and ham, some toast but nothing to write home about. Would have been nice to have had some fresh orange juice, or something similar. Again on the note of style over substance - they have a really annoying coffee machine which looks good but is incredibly noisy, to the point that you could hear it in the room furthest away from the breakfast room (our bedroom) whirring away every time someone made a cup of coffee. Not something you want to hear 5 - 6 times in the space of an hour when you're trying to rest...

in summary I would say definitely check this place out, if the price is right. Location-wise, you can't beat it. Although many argue that the area around Termini is a little bit unsafe, we found it absolutely perfect to get the bus/tube/train around the city, as well as to the airport. It's a very stylish B&B which could do with making a few improvements. If I had a choice, I would give it 3.5 - 5.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Based upon the positive reviews for 58 Le Real De Luxe B&B we booked 5 nights in a luxury executive double room.

Good / very good points:
- Location: The hotel is well positioned only a couple of blocks from Stazione Termini which is the
central point for numerous train and bus services. As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel is on the 4th floor of an apartment block, though knowing this beforehand (as well as checking google street map) we had no trouble locating the big wooden front doors at no.58.
- The reception staff (and owner, when there) were friendly and spoke enough English (and we enough Italian) to coverse without any problems and they were happy to help us when there was a problem.
- We were placed in one of the "recently renovated" rooms which fronted Via Cavour - the street is very busy and noisy almost 24 hours of the day, 7 days a week. Fortunately the shutters and double glazing cut out over 90% of the street noise, so no issues there.
- The main room was spacious for a B&B, and clean and tidy. The bathroom was also sizable, with a large walk-in shower. We were also given clean towels every day.

Not so good points:
- Our room did not have all the features that were advertised or expected with the "luxury excutive" room. We were told that it had only recently been renovated, but we got the distinct impression that this meant not completed. The room was sparsely furnished compared to the other rooms despite having ample space available for a table and chairs and an easy chair. There was no bar fridge, which given the summer heat, would have been much appreciated. Also, the wi-fi access did not work in the room.
- Our "double" bed turned out to be 2 singles made up as one bed (as can be seen in the photos). We pointed this out on morning 2 and the matress was changed to a double without any fuss, however, having requested a proper double bed with our booking it should have already been seen to.
- We also had troubles with the in-room safe which locked itself with our valuables inside (the instructions for use are less than useful and I would advise approaching with caution). It seemed that everyone (ie. owner, owner's mother, handy man, maid etc) had to come into the room to "inspect" the locked safe, though eventually a tradesman was called in to break into the safe. The process took a couple of hours out of our day and was a bit stressful given our money, passport etc were stuck inside.
- Breakfast: While not terrible, it was only of average quality and rarely enough for all guests. Typically there was not enough pastries, juice or milk for anyone arriving after 9am (though early birds may have been taking more than their fair share!). The coffee machine broke down, tea bags were not replenished etc. Kitchen staff didn't know the difference between black tea and herbal tea. Overall the breakfast room / kitchen space was too small to be a comfortable place to eat - the seating is cramped and there really is not enough bench space to present food and accommodate a sink often filled with used plates, cups and cutlery etc.

The hotel has some excellent points to recommend it, but overall we felt a little short changed by our room and so only give 3 stars.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple