“terrible, no internet. I will not recommend this hotel even to my enemies.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marco Polo

Marco Polo
Ranked #328 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Toronto, Canada
“terrible, no internet. I will not recommend this hotel even to my enemies.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Terrible, experience. Very small rooms, no internet connection. The elevator didn't work most of the time and this hotel is on the 3 fl in a very old building. I would not recommend it to anyone, even if it is free of charge.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Di D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

What a horrible place with nasty staff. We refused to stay although we had a reservation. Only one non-working elevator for this third floor so called hotel (there are several hotels sharing the same building). If I win a free week stay there, I would not give it to anyone I know, only to someone I hate, to ruin their vacation. Shame on the Travel Agency that recommended this trash. What was the management remark when we complained about the place? "go away".

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Victor8a
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

When we got dropped off outside the hotel I thought I had booked us in to a hostel!!!! The lift to the third floor was one of those old style lifts you see in 1930 films. Once on the third floor we were greeted by a beautiful entrance, all wood and marble, and then by the lovely man on reception who new are names and made us feel so welcome, his English was great, my Italian was dreadful !!!! this put me at ease.
Hotel is in a fantastic location, the room we had was very small but beautifully decorated, the double glazing is the best ever!!! It had air con but we did not need to use it. Room 324 had a vent in the bathroom which did seem to let a lot of smoky smells in to the room but that is the only complaint we had ( i did not say any thing to reception as I don,t speak the lingo, but if I did I know they would have helped)
Hotel is perfect for a short trip, close to the station with links to the metro, be careful when buying your tickets though, beggers every where and pick pockets. Take an open top bus tour to find your bearings and go to ticket office's to buy tickets as touts are every where charging double the price.

Room Tip: 324 had amazing double glazing, street view, without the amazing windows it would have been a nightm...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Caroline C
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had reservations to stay at this hotel after paying $50 euros for a taxi from the airport we didn't like are area of the hotel, the elevator was out of order, and we were told the rooms have no air conditioning. I would not stay here if they have it to me for free!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Eileen305
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We fbooked this hitel for ourselves and friends for a five day break earlier this month.The hotel is ideally placed for metro and bus travel and is within easy walking distance of some of romes major attractions.The hotel is clean and seemed to be well run.Breakfast was continental style but was perfectly adequate.For the price paid a bargain and if again in Rome I would not hesitate to use it.With time in this city precious the location alone sells it.I would heartily recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Although facing the street we found the windows suppressed any noise and i dont think it really matt...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ian D
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Hotel is extremely well placed as it's just across the road from the station. We found the hotel to be clean and the rooms were comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was continental and quite basic but was enough to set you up for a morning's sight-seeing. The hotel is fine for a short trip to Rome.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tgba
Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

The position of this hotel is brilliant. We arrived last Thursday and to be fair after reading some rather under par reports I was a tab apprehensive. My first opinion was not very high wither. However, we were greeted by Diego and he was amazing. Helpful, informative and very nice indeed.

We stayed in a family room with five beds, it was big enough and it was clean. As previous reviews stated the air conditioning is poor. It was boiling hot, two of our boys and I could not sleep at all the first night. Breakfast again was poor. The lady on duty didn't smile let alone talk, the food was ok but a little disappointing but then after talking to some girls ours was amazing in comparison. Like I say I did feel there were a few niggles but Diego and I think Gianni made it worthwhile. I would go back and do have to say we paid for a three star hotel and that is what we got. I didn't expect the Ritz and was pleasantly surprised by how fab the receptionists were. They went e extra mile for my three sons, husband and I. Many thanks

Room Tip: Great location, clean and mainly friendly staff.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family