“Central location & friendly staff”

Il Piccolo di Piazza di Spagna
Ranked #1,036 of 3,739 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Very convenient location, a few steps away from Piazza Di Spagna, you can walk to most of the attractions in Rome. Small hotel with basic bed and breakfast, great service, and very friendly staff.

Stayed there for 5 nights in August 2013.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lama H

Reviewed 30 October 2013

It's in a very good location, walking distance to Spanish Steps and the luxury shopping street (Via Condotti). It provides basic B&B, clean. The highlight could be the lift, which my friends said it seems like the lift in "Silent Hill" ;)
The wifi signal is weak from the room, and having problem to connect in some nights.
For the price of EUR170/night (for triple sharing) in the city of Rome, we are happy for the stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amazingland
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Literally down the street from the Piazza di Spagna, this hotel is a great location to walk to many attractions. This is not the place for people who want a full-service hotel. If you want a small (11 rooms) hotel on the fourth floor with a wrought-iron elevator and a helpful hostess stay here. Our room had a small balcony with table and chairs, adequately firm mattress and bathroom with a shower stall that would be considered small for anyone bigger than me (I'm 5' tall) but it was all we needed for this short trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Such a central location, it was great to be able to walk around Rome and have a base in the midst of it all. The bedroom and bathroom were pleasant and clean, although the decor and finish was slightly dated and I had lumpy pillows. I was so unimpressed by the buffet breakfast - instant coffee from a vending machine, and the bread and pastries tasted like they were 1-2 days old.

On the whole these negatives were overshadowed by the great location for me.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
stefano t, Direttore at Il Piccolo di Piazza di Spagna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Good morning madam and thank you for your words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We are really sorry about your pillow, but if we knew it, we would have changed immediately.
We can also ensure you that every day we have fresh croissants and fresh bread. that's why our breakfast is served from 8.00 to 10.00 in the morning, to give our suppliers the time to bring them to us fresh every day.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Friendly staff, especially Patrizia was very helpful with everything we needed. Location is absolutely perfect, as basically everything to see in old Rome is within walking distance, and the neighborhood felt very safe. It was a bit odd finding it at first, as it is actually only 1 floor in a building with other businesses on the 1st three floors. I was on my own first, and the single room is extremely small (do bot book the single room if you are slightly claustrophobic) and a bit noisy on the road. When my wife joined me, we moved to a bigger room at the back, which was very nice. Breakfast is consisted of serial, donuts or croissants, and a bread roll with some cheese spread - definitely not the reason to book here, but adequate. Overall: small and cosy place, neat and clean, good location, friendly staff.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
stefano t, Direttore at Il Piccolo di Piazza di Spagna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

It is a real pleasure to hear your words
and our staff remember you as real kind persons.
hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Two nights in late April.
Room- very small, tiny even, buy very clean, quiet and warm.
Location- great! really easy ti get anywhere by foot.
Staff- really nice people, very cool "housey" feeling.
Breakfast- preaty avg, especialy the coffe(bad coffe!)
Price- very high, but hey- this is Rome, so...

had a nice time their, really great location and staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rotem Z
stefano t, Direttore at Il Piccolo di Piazza di Spagna, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Good morning and thank you for your words.
We are happy you had a nice time in our hotel.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at "Il Piccolo" and although it's no 5 star hotel, I was very pleased with it. The location is incredible - a few minutes walk to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, 20 minute walk to the colosseum, easy walks to the Pantheon. We caught the metro to the Vatican as we we in a hurry to catch our tour, however you could walk it in around 30 minutes. I couldn't ask for a better location. Like anywhere in Rome, you are never far from good food, wine or Gelati (I reccommend Piccolo Buco - great food)

The service was wonderful. We arrived a few hours early, and Patrizia was very accommodating by taking our luggage and giving us some local knowledge to pass the time until we could check in (which was only a very short wait, considering we arrived hours before the check in time.) She speaks very good English and makes you feel at home.

The room was adequate, we didn't have a balcony but our window overlooked Via Due Macelli (how much time do you spend on a balcony anyway?) The street can get noisy, but the double glazed window blocks out almost all of the noise. The bathroom was tiny, I am an average sized man and I found it adequate, but I imagine a "large" person may have problems with the bathroom. Again, for the price and location you can't expect a 5 star room, and I can put up with a small bathroom. The bed was comfortable, there was a TV but I didn't come to Rome to watch TV.

The breakfast was great, it included croissants/pastries, fruit, cereal, bread rolls, coffee and juice.

People have complained about the "old" elevator in their reviews... I loved it! It's like an antique art-deco elevator... it's small, the car has timber and glass doors, it's in a wrought-iron cage, it has to be the coolest elevator I have been in. The doors open inwards in the car which makes it a little tricky with luggage, but the cool factor trumps that minor inconvenience. I used the stairs a lot to work off some of the italian food, but the elevator is a joy!

We stayed 3 nights and I would happily return to Hotel Il Piccolo if I return to Rome (and I hope I do!) It's not the cheapest place, and if you need 5 star luxury then it's not for you, but if you want a great location, friendly service, and somewhere to just sleep and have a shower and a good breakfast, I recommend Hotel Il Picollo di Piazza di Spagna.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir
thank you for your beautiful words. It is a big pleasure when our guests say they felt good.
And hope to see you again.